Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My Traitor Guards

Traitor Guards, Cthulhu daemons and Word Bearers

(If you can't see the images, note that there is a small download linked on the first page of the forum that allows you to bypass the Photobucket block!)

Hey, I figured I would start a log for my Traitor Guard force, now with the new codex coming out and all. I'm redoing much of my army, therefor most of the figs will look half-painted.

First of Ill show you what I got so far, please feel free to point out stuff I could improve.

My conscripts/cultists. I only got 20 so far, but I'm not sure I want more anyway. Their use on the tabletop feels quite limited, and making more feels abit boring considering all the other fun stuff I could build.

First 10

Second batch

All the little nutters.

I am also working on a squad of Penal troopers, who will represent some really fanatical fighters instead.

And here are my three favorites
    Last edited by totgeboren; 15-12-2017 at 09:00. Reason: updated

Re: My Traitor Guards

I am also gonna have a big 30-man strong squad of guards with flamers, and they will need both a priest and a commissar. The priest felt easy, but how to make a Chaos Commissar?

I'm not sure about my commissar. I think I will need to work alot more on him.

On the other hand, my demolition vets are shaping up nicely.

And here is the Sgt, a dude with a demo-charge, and one standard vet.
    I gave em short-lasguns/sub-lasguns, since they are combat engineers, and would need lighter guns because they have to carry around all the stuff needed for demo-works.
    I count the short-las's as shotguns. Great for storming buildings.

I also have 3 Leman Russes supporting my troops

But I have showcased them more in this thread, where you can find a tutorial for making this variant too.

My line troopers are getting rehashed as we speak, and Ill show em of when they look abit nicer.

C&C appreciated
    Last edited by totgeboren; 04-04-2009 at 10:06.

Great work, nice to see some unique armies like this. Get those cultists painted!

I really like these minis. Nice chaotic mess. (in all the positive sense there is!)

I did this for my Enforcers/Chaos Commissars:
    Enginseer, with CSM-Chainsword as a PowerFist, then I took my Dremel and grinded the face away and glued a Skull in Place. Thats it.

with flash:

without flash:
    Last edited by D3V!L; 04-04-2009 at 11:31.

Nice looking traitor Guards, I think D3V!L's idea about a skull mask could be a good way to do a Commissar. Anyway, keep up the good (or should I say, Evil? ) work.
    Why play Orks you may ask?
    Well my friend, its quite simple, I rather enjoy the word 'killy' and decided I wanted to use it more in conversation...

Tyranid painting log!

The skull mask is a nice idea, and I will try that if my current version of a commissar doesn't work out after I have tried painting him. Thanks for the tip!

I have gotten some work done on my cultists at least.

I dunno about the detailing on them. They feel abit sloppy.
    At first I was gonna give them red "robes", but after I painted one, he looked more like "Revenge of the cross dresser". I locked really bad, and it didn't really work with the rest of my army either.

I'm thinking about trying to give em red and black tattoos. Might make em look abit more chaosy?

So, what do you think?
    Last edited by totgeboren; 10-04-2009 at 15:58.

looking good, i like the use of pi heads, they blend right in and the cultists look great too, nice work!
    My 40k Blog
    My Warseer =][= Project Log

There is no theory of evolution, only a list of creatures chuck norris allows to live...
    I play ps3 online, modern warfare and world at war with both map packs, add El_Presidente_01 if you fancy a game

Got some more work done on my Guards.

My Fanatics are almost done. Just need to paint the "eyes" of the gasmask.

The squad

I have also worked abunch on my vets. Here are some of the standard dudes.

Some of the squad have meltabombs on them.

Oh, I don't remember the name of the poster who made these smgs, but they looked alot better than my sub-lasguns, so I looted the idea. They will count-as shotguns.
    Veteran Sgt.

Here is the veteran squad.

I also made some mortars. I need to get the sandbags a bit less "flat" I think?

Anyway, C&C appreciated.

The front heavy weapon team looks like its hiding behind a pile of biscuits

Apart from that, everythings ace, especially the uzi-type lasguns you've converted, they're fantastic

-reaper

Chaplain

very good project i love
    me project is very identique
    Last edited by hur@n; 19-04-2009 at 21:50.

fantastic traitors, how do you paint them

great to see a very unique army

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

@the_reaper:
    Yeah, I know they look kinda "off", but even the followers of the Dark Gods need biscuits!
    But seriously, Im gonna have a look at some real sandbags, and try to emulate that colour instead of just painting on feel. update later.

@Velsharoon:
    They are really easy to paint actually. I almost exclusively use the new foundation paints and washes from GW, since I think they are ace.
    The clothes are painted Knarloc Green, drybrushed with Tausept Ochre, then just given a thinned down wash of Gryphonne Serpia, and when thats dry, a thin wash of Devlan Mud.
    The armour is just Adeptus Battlegray, drybrush with Astronomicon Grey, and a thin wash of Devlan Mud.
    The skin is Tallarn Flesh, highlighted with Dheneb Stone, a tiny highlight of pure white and finally a wash of Ogre Flesh.

The weapons don't look so good in the photos, but they are black, with an Adeptus Battlegrey drybrush, followed with details in Boltgun Metal, and a thin Devlan Mud wash.

The gasmasks are just Calthan Brown with a Khemri Brown highlight, and a thin wash of Devlan Mud after the details are picked out in Boltgun Metal.

Wow, I never realized why it takes me so long to paint up my guards. When I put all the steps to word it sounds kinda complex. But if you for example leave all the Devlan Mud parts for last, it reduces a lot of the steps and so on.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.
    Last edited by totgeboren; 20-04-2009 at 15:20.

I love your feral look on your close combat troops very khorne like.

And I love your lasguns, nice tactical feel to them.

I'm going with a curved mag and wire stock for my own troops

Ah glad I found this before it kicked off well and truly!

I love those veterans! Heck I'll steal yer shotgun idea that you stole mate for my traitors now. Awesomesauce all of it and keep up the good work!

Commander

perhaps the best traitor guard ive seen

where are the helmets from?

Quote Originally Posted by totgeboren View Post
    Hey there, just a small criticism.

Power fists are powered by a SM power armours power pack, worn on the back. Also due to the weight of carrying such an obselenly heavy 1 apendage, the power armour offsets this with its internal servos and mechanism fully supporting its weight and enabling the marine to walk as if he has perfect balance.

Your model however, either is truely blessed by the chaos gods or the power fist he is wearing is just a cardboard cut out painted black because he wants to look hard Saying that the imperial guard fists are not pack powered, but then they are a lot smaller...

ANYWAY that is my only criticism, otherwise you have a really impressive looking force
    Quote Originally Posted by Layne in Spayne View Post
    You, gentlesir, are fired. Raise your hands and step away from the thread.
    Armies:
    Iron Hands:chrome: and Brotherhood of Iron, Traitor Guard, Empire

This is a really great looking army so far. I love the color scheme, the very creative conversions and how everything is coming along so far. I agree that the guy with the powerfist could probably use some cabling somewhere but he looks totally fine as he is too.
    Permission to die sir!!

Death Korps project log:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85823

Meh say the chaos gods gave him super power electric hand that is bigger than normal and can lift the power fist. Its perfectly reasonable ...I should know I'm a chaos god.

I've been thinking of starting a traitor guard army...and you've got me going now even more. Though I wont lie, after seeing your pic...I think I'ma make them serve the great Cthulhu..commisars with tentacles eating a head...how Bad-A would that be....muhahahhaha creative juices (or is it just kool-aid?)

Anyway Good work and keep it coming...oh just thought of it...the helmets look like the doctor who episode with the kid and the gas mask...you should make a little kid leading the force....no joke man give him that helmet...imagine a whole guard force coming at you asking if your their mommy....

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast