Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37

Thread: My Traitor Guards

Re: My Traitor Guards

Also it can depend on the missions you get and how many heroes are in the game ( for monster numbers ) as some missions have only a few larger beasts like dragons/dogs, while others have plenty of goblins/zombies. In those cases the Overlord can be more liberal with actions and still one-hit, or goblin/large monsters skirting past no prob... Or overlorld multi-attack cards...

Not starting an arguement, just personal experiences for my opinion.
    Some funky skills like sharing damage, or exploding, are too situational, compared to straight up attack skills.
    Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane

Chaos Marines, 30k and Renegades

I have taken my Descent stuff over to my new Descent thread. I felt that my painting skills have really started to improve from painting drastically different models compared to my CSM, so check it out if you are interested.

Anyway, first off I used some glaze to make the red a bit more... red... on my Sorcerer, and also fixed up the gradients on his blue loincloth. Can't decide on if his cloth needs some mark or pattern? What say you?

This problem comes from my brand new TS Terminator Sorcerer! Firstly unpainted, basically the same approach as on my previous 2ed-termies-to-modern, though I converted a TS head from Kromlech to get more of a TS vibe. Familiar from Hasslefree Miniatures, my small homage to Carrie Fisher. (I rather like how the SW-inspired figure draws the thought to The Force, which rather well reflects the way the TS think of the Warp. Neither good nor bad, simply up to the wielder to decide. This in comparison to my WB Sorcerers who use a small daemon or a possessed owl as familiars.)

After some paint I got this.

Since the TS are a sentimental bunch, I wanted the red loincloth to remind the viewer of their old Legion colours and symbol. I might even go back and redo my previous TS Sorcerer a bit, since I really like the image of the red cloth with the white almost-legion-now-chaos symbol.

And on their base.

I think I will make the eye in the Eye of Ra red, and it feels like the base is missing something? Perhaps just some static grass? I dunno...?

*edit* Fixed the eye!
    Last edited by totgeboren; 08-03-2017 at 14:36.

Commander

Nice work, definitely a good idea to do the eye kinda brings it all together

Thanks! I might redo Leias eyes to have a glow effect, not decided yet.

I finally got some time over to try out my airbrush and Armypainters Quickshade (I used Dark Tone, Strong Tone might have been a better choice) on my home-sculpted Beasts! Superbly fast painting I must say, the most difficult thing to paint was the base!

First two snails.

And all four.

I might have to fix up the first snail I painted, to make it a bit more slimy and with pink tentacles. I think I'll try out some different airbrush paints for each batch, to get some variation.

Rather happy with how they look like a mass of tentacles, mouths, meat and slime when bunched up!

But for the next batch, I really need to take more care to remove the mold lines from all the tentacles fully, they stand out rather well with all the washes and Quickshade. Such a chore.
    Last edited by totgeboren; 09-03-2017 at 10:57.

totgeboren,

Great snails, you did that with an airbrush?

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Thanks!

Yeah, painted the belly and back using an airbrush, to get smooth gradients between the pale green belly, green... flaps(?) and brown back. Will paint the next bath using purple instead of brown, but I think I'll try to take some pics for each stage.

After the airbrush, using a brush it's just one layer of red in the mouth and in the wounds, then paint the teeth off-white, the eyes black then a quick pink drybrush on the ends of tentacles.
    Following this is a layer of Dark Tone quickshade, then some Nurgles Rot and Blood for the Blood God technical paints where appropriate.

Then the base, then they are done.

I'm rather surprised at the results. No highlights, glancing, and if it were not for the quickshade, no shading either. But I still think they turned out pretty good.

Still, they could probably benefit from a bit more attention during painting. I just wanted to see just what the airbrush+quickshade could deliver (since I can just make more Beasts of Nurgle if I want to).

Got paint on some more Beasts.
    Step one, (after undercoat), airbrush the entire model green, then the belly beige, then some darker colour a bit uneven on the back. I was planning on mixing a purple, but it turned out more brownish. Still, it's all good.

Then paint with a brush, first red on in the mouth and wounds, then drybrush the ends of the tentacles, 'lips' and the edge of the eyes pink. Then paint the eyeballs black, then the teeth and bone... bone.

After that, it's a dip in the quickshade, let it dry, then splash on some Nurgles rot and Blood for the Blood God where appropriate.

So my nine Beasts now look like this!

I got 3 more to do, but I think I'll spend my hobby time on some Descent and/or Mansions of Madness models next! Just trying to work through all my stuff!

Commander

Eew very gribbly, nice job

No new update right now, but I will not be rehosting all these images to imgur, it's just too much work! I noticed many other great logs here died a sudden and horrible death after photobucket changed their polices.

However, in case anyone didn't notice, there is an app available for Chrome and Firefox that makes the images display just fine, even though they have blocked 3ed party hosting!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...=1509028942052
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...alioapbifiaedg
    Last edited by totgeboren; 30-10-2017 at 10:24.

Those extensions work perfectly! Great find. I'd send a PM to Captain Brown to maybe make a sticky of them, but apparently my inbox is full and I'm too lazy to resolve it right now.
    |Dark Mechanicus Log | Bits for Trade |Dr. McNinja | All the Games! | Models Painted: 2006 - 53 | 2007 - 5 | 2008 - 3 | 2009 - 0 | 2010 - 18 | 2011 - 6 | 2012 - 20 | 2013 - 5 | 2014 - 25 | 2015 - 19 | 2016 - 35 | 2017 - 38

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37