Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My Traitor Guards

Re: My Traitor Guards

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Hey there, just a small criticism.

Power fists are powered by a SM power armours power pack, worn on the back. Also due to the weight of carrying such an obselenly heavy 1 apendage, the power armour offsets this with its internal servos and mechanism fully supporting its weight and enabling the marine to walk as if he has perfect balance.

Your model however, either is truely blessed by the chaos gods or the power fist he is wearing is just a cardboard cut out painted black because he wants to look hard Saying that the imperial guard fists are not pack powered, but then they are a lot smaller...

ANYWAY that is my only criticism, otherwise you have a really impressive looking force
    Check out the various guard characters wearing powerfists, maybe a certain savior of Armageddon for example. I don't think there is a problem with this fist, yes reality says no, but 40k says yes!

I honestly originally thought the powerfist on that model would be powered by internal workings in the powerfist and the shoulderguard.

Thanks for all the comments! Im thinking about modifying my Sgt for the vets, but I haven't gotten any good ideas yet.

However, this army is a partner-project to my Word Bearers, and they have gotten some love lately.

Im making my own "undivided" daemons, and having gotten stuck with my Cthulu-based greater daemon, I made some lesser daemons from the dryad box.

I dont know why the colours turned out so flat in the pics. I got to get better lights maybe?

Anyway, its just the dryads with their heads turned upside down, and some greenstuff eyes and head modeled to their faces. I think they turned out quite lovecraftian. I am working on a greater daemon size Cthulu/Dagon thingy, and I will make some Shoggys as Chaos Spawns.

Exclamation Re: My Traitor Guards

Holy hell, brilliant daemons! Some of the best conversions are the ones that use common parts in new ways and you've definitely done a great job of that here.

holy nurgle lavatory those Daemons look like they were actually made and painted out of pure Awesome. Amazing conversions and oh so cyclopean and unspeakable ill bookmark this log for sure.
    My Extra-Dimensional SF wargame inspired by Olaf Staledon, Stephen Baxter, Alastair Reynolds, Robert L Forward ect : http://outsidetheuniverseitself.blogspot.com/

Those Cthullu Daemons are brilliant! What a fantastic idea! So simple but so effective and interesting.
    Corpse on wings! - Undead Warpfire Dragon Blog

hey tot

Those are the Pig-iron prodution gasmask heads you're using, right?
    I have wanted to use those for plastic catachans too, how do they fit at the neck? have you used GS on the base of the throat?

Great traitors, Zuper deamons, keep it up

Thanks for the comments! Making the new heads only took about an 1-2 hours or so for 10 daemons, and it was quite easy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Darke View Post
    hey tot

Those are the Pig-iron prodution gasmask heads you're using, right?
    I have wanted to use those for plastic catachans too, how do they fit at the neck? have you used GS on the base of the throat?
    If you look at post #8, you can see my penal troopers. They use the catachan bodies with pig iron heads, and I had to use greenstuff to make em look ok.
    But you only need to make a small blob of gs, then put the blob into the hole where the head is supposed to go. Then gently press the neck of the head into the blob, and just use a toothpick or something and smooth out the edge.
    Kinda easy imo.

This is how far I have gotten with my Greater Daemon. He will have a squid-head, and I think reptilian clawed hands. Haven't decided on if he should have a weapon or not though.

I made this greater daemon 8 years ago, and I have been sculpting quite alot, so I hope to do better this time around.

I have also gotten me one of the new Ironclad Dreads. They work great as Chaos dreads, with some additional bits and a scratch-built sarcophagus.

I love your dread mate, I thought the iron clads would make great chaos dreads and you've proved me right.

The flail arm (flagellent parts?) is excellent I'll hopefully copy that.

love those dryad demons, disturbing conversion - lmao - but hey! thats what your aiming for right?

Keep it up,
    B

I LOVE THE CTHULHU DEMONS!!!!! Great job!!

that is a great model u sculpted back a while, hopefully this one will be even better

I have to say I absolutely love the cthullu daemons.

best use of the dryad sprue yet.

Banned

your style is awesome man, keep it up

Love it, I hunger for more.
    The Relentless, Indomitable, Unwavering march of the Death Guard.

http://counttheseven.blogspot.com/

Awesome daemons. The big and little ones. Mindflayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    You never go full Corax.

Chaplain

Scaring deemons! really nic job. And drednaught with iron ball on chain is a great.

Pekly
    My log about Ultramarine veterans from tyranic wars

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206422

I am from Czech republic, excuse my english

Watching AFL or down the road at uni, and occasionally at the pub....

sweet renegades, the cultists are awesome, the pig iron heads suit very very well.
    The demons however are some of the coolest minis ive seen in ages, i might have to steal the idea if i go ahead with my renegades, also that dread is pimpin!
    Friendly neighbourhood demon host.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Just assume at all times you are dealing with an idiot and we'll get on fine.
    So Flesh biters with watch hinter allies I have it all straight no Cherub Ale. Leave it with me

Wow, those lesser daemons are amazing! Well done. (I know I'm chiming in a bit late on that, but I liked them so much I had to comment anyway.)
    The Harrowed: My Demon Army's Warseer project log

Just came across them. I agree with the above poster the daemons are simply awesome.

Thanks alot for the positive feedback! Comments like these that make my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Harte View Post
    I love your dread mate, I thought the iron clads would make great chaos dreads and you've proved me right.

The flail arm (flagellant parts?) is excellent I'll hopefully copy that.
    Thanks! My dread got abit overshadowed by me daemons, so thanks for noticing. And yes, its part I had left over from the flagellant sprues when I made the cultist.

I have mainly worked on my WB lately. Just read Dark Apostle, so my love for the WB has been rekindled.

Have made a basic Lord when I don't want a Dark Apostle leading the force.

I made the cape (no villain worth his salt would leave home without his cape!) from greenstuff, but I cant decide what colour it should be.
    Was pondering on painting the WB logo on it, but then I realized it would just look silly.
    Maybe dark blue with some kind of border?

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast