Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumbering Behemoth?

Chaplain

Lumbering Behemoth?

Here's the explanation, but i need more clarification...

Lumbering Behemoth - a Leman Russ that remained stationary or moved up to 6" can fire its turret weapon in addition to any other weapons it may fire [depending on movement] - even if the turret weapon is ordnance.

So...I move 6" and shoot my Executioner Plasma Cannon and two of my sponson Plasma Cannons...or what?

If i can fire just ordnance and defensive than that sucks.

Thanks
    Last edited by kurac; 07-04-2009 at 12:50. Reason: Forgot to write sponson

Re: Lumbering Behemoth?

How about waiting for the codex to be officially released?

Based on that wording you could fire the Executioner + 1 Plasma Cannon(fire 1 non defensive weapon when moving at combat speed)+ Defensive weapons. Sitting Still you could fire everything even if one is an ordnance.

Important rule for Russes but if your could move 6 and fire everything that would probably be super nasty and make the tanks cost to much.

• Stationary: All Main and Defensive weapons, or ordnance.
    • up to 6": 1 main and all defensive or ordnance.
    • up to 12": nothing.

Now add the turret weapon.

Eg, a Leman Russ Battle Tank with Battle Cannon, 3 heavy bolters and a heavy stubber:
    • Stationary: Everything
    • up to 6": Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Stubber.
    • up to 12": nothing.
    RC'S IMPERIAL LOG
    Legio Astorum, Ultrahawks Chapter and the Cadian 957th Brigade

MOST RECENT PROJECT: Repurposing a squad of 4th ed HQ Veteran Marines
    WANTED: Attack Bike or Landspeeder Multimeltas. Please pm.

The rules forum depends on exact wordings.

Until we have all seen the exact wording for ourselves, in print, It's not worth trying to answer this one.
    Occasionally accused of being helpful and constructive.
    One ring Book to rule them all, one ring place to find them, One ring Codex to bring them all, and in the Darkness future bind them. Time for the unified Marine Codex.

well, is still is better that what currently happens. One shot from ordinance vs. one from ordinance, one from offensive weapon and all defensive weapons? I'll take the latter
    When Nolan Bowen's memory conflicts with reality, everything changes...
    Partial Reminiscence: Revelation
    Part 2: Perspective
    Part 3: Loyalty
    NEW Part 4! Repercussion
    My Channel

Well from the horses mouth...reading from the IG codex at adepticon...the GW manager there said that the rule states that if a LR moves 6in or less it may fire all weapons aboard....defensive,offensive and turret. This rule is specific to the russ hence it overriding the difference in the weapons. and also the reason that the squadron rules are so harsh on such an expensive models.
    FEEL FREE TO HATE ON ME!

Gromgut - if the rule quoted above is accurate then, guess what, the blackshirt was incorrect, as it states "subject to moverment" - which then kicks the defensive weapons rule in which limits your ability to fire weapons based on movement.

So turret weapon of [anything, e.g. plasma cannon] plus one offensive weapon [e.g. plasma cannon will do, again], plus any and all defensive weapons [e.g. heavy stubber if you have one]

However, please wait until the IG codex is out before asking for rules, based on not many people having acccess...

Quote Originally Posted by kurac View Post
    Here's the explanation, but i need more clarification...

Lumbering Behemoth - a Leman Russ that remained stationary or moved up to 6" can fire its turret weapon in addition to any other weapons it may fire [depending on movement] - even if the turret weapon is ordnance.

So...I move 6" and shoot my Executioner Plasma Cannon and two of my sponson Plasma Cannons...or what?

If i can fire just ordnance and defensive than that sucks.

Thanks
    You answered your own question in the first paragraph:

'a Leman Russ that remained stationary or moved up to 6" can fire its turret weapon in addition to any other weapons it may fire [depending on movement] - even if the turret weapon is ordnance.'

So thats stationary and all weapons inc the turret gun

Up to 6" the turret, 1 Main weapon and all defensive weapons

Beyond 6" No weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Parody View Post
    You answered your own question in the first paragraph:

'a Leman Russ that remained stationary or moved up to 6" can fire its turret weapon in addition to any other weapons it may fire [depending on movement] - even if the turret weapon is ordnance.'

So thats stationary and all weapons inc the turret gun

Up to 6" the turret, 1 Main weapon and all defensive weapons

Beyond 6" No weapons
    Exactly right. Now I have personally seen it in print, I can answer this.

You effectively just ignore the turret for figuring out what you can fire, so the defensive/main weapon rules apply as normal to the hull.

The mobile 5-plasma-cannon-and-a-lascannon shot russ does not exist, regardless of how loudly marine players moan about it.
    One ring Book to rule them all, one ring place to find them, One ring Codex to bring them all, and in the Darkness future bind them. Time for the unified Marine Codex.

The stationary 5 Plasma and a lascannon on the other hand...

The mobile AP1 Vanquisher-Las-Pask-Russ also exists. Nasty.
    RC'S IMPERIAL LOG
    Legio Astorum, Ultrahawks Chapter and the Cadian 957th Brigade

MOST RECENT PROJECT: Repurposing a squad of 4th ed HQ Veteran Marines
    WANTED: Attack Bike or Landspeeder Multimeltas. Please pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    . . .Vanquisher-Las-Pask-Russ also exists.
    What is a "Pask"?
    Culven
    Commander, Catachan XIII "Black Cats"
    "Pray that a Black Cat never crosses your path."

We debate RaW, not in an attempt to gain an advantage, but rather to better understand the rules as they are written so that problems can be identified, addressed, and possible solutions developed before we get to the game table.

IGs new special Tank Commander.
    My power flurries through the air into the ground/ My soul is spiraling in flaming fractals all around/ And one thought crystallizes like an lightning blast/ I'm never going back. The past is in the past.
    Let it go, let it go/ And I'll rise like the Fist of Dorn/ Let it go, let it go/ That perfect marine is gone/ Here I stand in the light of day/ Let the storm rage on
    The warp never bothered me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Culven View Post
    What is a "Pask"?
    IG version of Chronus, he adds tank hunter, re rolls to wound vs MCs and BS 4 to the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer View Post
    Sure, it's all fun and games until the tentacled lizard-spider that was your crotch tells you that everything is made of Tuesday because only the sky can cook happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by nosferatu1001 View Post
    Gromgut - if the rule quoted above is accurate then, guess what, the blackshirt was incorrect, as it states "subject to moverment" - which then kicks the defensive weapons rule in which limits your ability to fire weapons based on movement.

So turret weapon of [anything, e.g. plasma cannon] plus one offensive weapon [e.g. plasma cannon will do, again], plus any and all defensive weapons [e.g. heavy stubber if you have one]
    look i watched the guy, who wasn't a black shirt by the way, he was from UK that came over with Gav Thrope I believe, look up the rule out of the codex in front of us. The specialty of this rule overrides defensive and offensive weapons. THats the whole point behind the rule. Yes it makes LR's harder one on one. but when you stack them in squads....more fire power but LOADS easier to take out the ones bought beyond the first one.

I think you misunderstood what I said above. the rule removes offensive and defensive from the weapons on the tank if remains stationary or only moves up to 6in.
    So your russ can be:

Stationary/move up to 6in and fire:
    Battle cannon, hull las cannon, sponson plas cannon x2 AND heavy stubber.
    Last edited by Gromgut; 09-04-2009 at 15:32.
    FEEL FREE TO HATE ON ME!

And I read the book myself yesterday, and specifically looked up this, as one of the bits I wanted to be sure about.

The whole point of the rule is to make it worth buying the expensive sponsons, as you can fire them with the turret.

It absolutely does not remove the main/defensive weapon rules, they're still there, and stop you firing Hull and sponsons if you move, as they're all S5+, so main weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by invinciblebug View Post
    IG version of Chronus, he adds tank hunter, re rolls to wound vs MCs and BS 4 to the tank.
    Oh. It's a shame my Catachans can't take tanks. (Yes, Tanks can be selected for a "Catachan" army, but then it isn't a real Catachan army. )

As for the Lumbering Behemoth rule, my understanding of it is that one ignores the Turret weapon from the list of options when determining which weapons may fire if the tank moves 6" or less. After determining which to fire, the Turret weapon is added back in. So, a Leman Russ moving at Combat Speed could fire one Hull or Sponson weapon (due to them all being Main weapons), the Pintle weapon (options are Defensive weapons) and the Turret weapon.
    Culven
    Commander, Catachan XIII "Black Cats"
    "Pray that a Black Cat never crosses your path."

We debate RaW, not in an attempt to gain an advantage, but rather to better understand the rules as they are written so that problems can be identified, addressed, and possible solutions developed before we get to the game table.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromgut View Post
    FEEL FREE TO HATE ON ME!.
    Well you did ask

I've seen it too, it's been verified by many others, and Bunnahabhain is correct.

The rule allows you to fire the turret weapon in addition to any others you would normally be able to fire, even if the turret weapon is ordnance. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't allow you fire the turret and more than one additional main weapon on the move.

l
    I think you misunderstood what I said above. the rule removes offensive and defensive from the weapons on the tank if remains stationary or only moves up to 6in.
    So your russ can be:

Nope, the rule you quoted does nto do that, read it again, and follow what others said,....

look i watched the guy, who wasn't a black shirt by the way, he was from UK that came over with Gav Thrope I believe, look up the rule out of the codex in front of us. The specialty of this rule overrides defensive and offensive weapons. THats the whole point behind the rule. Yes it makes LR's harder one on one. but when you stack them in squads....more fire power but LOADS easier to take out the ones bought beyond the first one.

So your russ can be:

I was sitting at the table (I was the guy with the NYPD Beanie on) with him as he gave the speech. He didnt come over with Gav (as Gav doesnt work for GW anymore). He actually works here in the States and Ive seen him several times up at the Chicago Battle Bunker.

I personally looked through that Codex on Sat night after the TT awards when it was given to a few A-Con staff to look at. Lumbering Vehicle is subject to movement. If you dont move, fire everything. Period. If you move up to 6" you fire the Turret "in addition to what is normally allowed(including ordnance)". So if you move, you function exactly as other vehicles, just you can always fire the turret weapon, even if ordnance, in addition to whatever else is normally allowed.
    Standing in the light, I see only darkness.

"The ambition of Caesar and of Napoleon pales before that which could not rest until it had seized the minds of men and controlled even their unborn thoughts." - The King in Yellow.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast