Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Gobotonnia Army! Gobbo Knights!

Gobotonnia Army! Gobbo Knights!

Legend of the Gobotonnia

Long ago, the dark woodlands of the Death Pass west of the Grey Mountains near the borders of the Bretonnia were home to countless primitive and savage goblins. These primitive goblins lived in tribes, a collection of greenskins ruled over by a goblin warboss. For many centuries, the goblins struggled against the Bretonnian for possession of the best and most fertile lands. The goblin tribes also often fought each other when they would have been better off uniting against the human. The Bretonnian dominated the fertile valleys and plains, while the goblins lived in the forest, mountain and wilderness regions.

Several years before the forming of Gobotonnia, King Charlen of the Bretonnia renewed the Errantry Wars, to rid the entire world of all greenskins. Bretonnia knights gathered in unprecedented numbers. The host of knights went forth to the Border Princes and stormed across the Death Pass. The lands of the goblins fall into anarchy. The Bretonnian purged the primitive goblin tribes and slaughtered countless goblins. The greenskins fled and scattered deep into the Grey Mountains and the surviving combatants were herded into internment camps as their lands were claimed by rivals.
    Years after the declaration of the Errantry Wars, It was at this time that a young goblin wolfrider warboss named Whaga was visited by a vision of an old goblin shaman. The shaman revealed himself to this young warboss as “The Prophet of Gork”. He warned him of the next massive invasion of the Bretonnia. He urged Whaga to unite the other warring tribes to withstand the Bretonnian. Fearing that was more of a vision than a dream, Whaga led his wolfriders and attempted to unite all other goblin tribes. Despite his best efforts, Whaga failed to convince other tribe leaders to unite.
    Shortly, Whaga was visited by “The Prophet” again, who told him about the “Favour of Gork”. In order to receive the Favour, Whaga vowed to Gork and offered his soul to gain the power to unite the tribes and defeat the Bretonnian. Guided by “The Prophet”, Whaga and his wolfriders swore their lives completely to Gork and drunk from a fountain blessed with the “blood of Gork”. Thus, Whaga consumed enormous power and became a being of supernatural power. Now a chosen of Gork, Whaga challenged the warbosses of all the goblin tribes in a single combat and defeated them all. This battle earned the young warboss much honor, glory and renown. Within months, Whaga effectively forged hundreds of goblin tribes into a single nation then set out to carve a place for themselves near the Grey Mountains and laid the foundations of the kingdom of Gobotonnia.
    In the Imperial Year 2488 or thereabout, as foresaw by “The Prophet”, a mighty host of Bretonnia knights led by the reckless Baron Jules do Fontainebleu went forth into the Death Pass to cleanse the greenskins. Whaga led his elite wolfriders and sprang a trap on the Bretonnian. Blessed by the “Favour of Gork” Whaga led his wolfriders bravely to engage the Bretonnian, thousands of goblins flocked to join him. The unstoppable sea of greenskins swarmed up across the horizon, whopping, jeering, and yelling their barbarous war cries in numbers never before seen. Countless of goblins were killed but stubbornly refused to retreat and would fight to the death rather than give an inch of ground. The battle fought on for three days and nights. Despite the Bretonnian’s best efforts, the goblin’s numbers were just too overwhelming. The knights were soon surrounded by a horde of cackling greenskins. Outnumbered and trapped, the Bretonnia army began to crumble and in a matter of hours the whole army was hacked down.
    In the aftermath of the battle, the goblins scavenged amongst the battlefield, took any shiny possessions they could get their hands on to be branded as their own. The goblins armed themselves with an assortment of swords, broken lances, shields, armours and helms etc captured in the battle, and carried as a mark of their self-evident superiority.

In the same year, the Bretonnian king declared the Errantry Wars at an end. The lands of the goblin were finally secured. The goblins became fanatically devoted to Whaga and proclaimed him to be their king and Gobotonnia is formed. Whaga was crowned as the King of Gobotonnia.

Gobotonnian Paladin

Gobotonnian Battle Standard Bearer

Gobotonnia Paladlin
    used a special shield for this model to represent the enchanted shield

also my Damsel (Goblin shaman) with the silver mirror, i'm gonna use a bit of tin foil for the mirror~~

My Damsel with 2 scrolls

Last edited by tensions; 26-04-2010 at 03:11.
    <

Re: Gobobtonnia Army! Gobbo Knights!

8 Gobotonnia Knights of the Realm with barded warwolves.
    <

Class conversions, not to sure on the brettonian rules but go for it
    <

Librarian

I love it! This really has potential to be a great Army! Ile definatly keep an eye on this one. Love the conversions so far, especially the idea of the tin foil (Why didnt i think of that one )
    Quote Originally Posted by pies View Post
    Being attacked by orks is much like Tyranids, they're both angry ecosystems.
    Menoth Vassal W/D/L = 1/0/0
    <

nice idea i will have to keep a eye on this
    <

This made my (k)night!

Zing!

In all seriousness, this is awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing more!
    Quote Originally Posted by swordwind View Post
    You know, theres a guy called Khaine in Codex: Eldar and a guy called Kaine in Codex: Old Testament. OMGWTF?!?! Warhammer 40k is set in biblical Earth! And Warhammer uses 28mm fantasy miniatures and uses dice to work out combats. So does Warmachine. Therefore Warhammer is set in Warmachine!
    <

Scotland. Also known to frequent Cretacia

OMG this is amazing. lol top notch stuff.

Would love to see what you'd do for peg knights. Flying squig hoppers or something.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure.
    Wanted: Ltd ed Skaven BSB PM if you have one to sell
    Current projects:
    Fleshtearers(active: 0 painted '09)
    Skaven(just aquiring whilst waiting on new clanrats: 0 painted '09)
    <

Re: Gobotonnia Army! Gobbo Knights!

neat! I always liked the idea mixing up army rules with different minis
    Without judgement
    Perception would increase a million times
    -Chuck

. Space Wolves Plog .

.;
    <

dude, it's a shame you don't play any other games like ARmies of ARcana or No quarter. that way you could customize your army list to match your models.

cool gobbos by the way.
    Tyger Tyger. burning bright,
    In the forests of the night:
    What immortal hand or eye,
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
    <

Ealing, London, Next door to only joking! (unfortunately)

Lovely conversions.... i love the patterns and painting, keep up the good work!
    Visit my shared 40K project log here : http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211864
    Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere View Post
    My name is Gr'tl'wqphnbdr, and I have come to your village today to allow you the honour to be eaten by me, but you can call me Gary.
    Quote Originally Posted by forthegloryofkazadekrund View Post
    With my Night Goblin army at 2,000 i normally have a great shaman and 3 mini Shaman, Squigs, Fanatics, huge blocks of infantry with nets and Bob the Giant
    <

Gobotonnia Lord finished

<

looks amazing keep up the great work. That would be a great tournement army that everyone would want to play just so they could have a look at your models.
    'If I had the guns I would kill them all' -Bill the Butcher

Hive Fleet Tremor v2.0
    <

They look great,really fun. Painting looks as good as the conversions too. Looking forward to seeing your grail knights.
    <

hehe, this is so good Looking forward to the grailgobbos
    <

Cool idea, nice conversions and great painting on the lord. Can I ask how you did the wolf, especially the legs?
    <

wow, i am loving this, please tell me you live in australia?, caus i seriously would love to see this at a tourniment
    Quote Originally Posted by Eblis_Dead_Forever View Post
    After Armagedon the Imperium are rethinking their planet naming policy. Thus after much deliberation Terra will be renamed Fuzzy, Wuzzy, Snuggly, Wuggly,
    Kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    Vomit on a pavement, congratulations, you are now the proud owner of a Blanche original
    <

Sacred feth, thats one of the best Gobbo's ive ever seen. Really good job on the detailing .
    Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-pope
    Quote Originally Posted by nonnopj View Post
    i stand corrected. NOBODY but spiderpope plays unbound. go check the BR on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfblade670 View Post
    Spider-pope, Spider-pope, does whatever a Spider-pope does. Can he swing into a thread? Of course he can, 'cause he's the Pope. Lookout, its the Spider pope...
    <

Commander

Haha this is a realy nice idea!!

Love em!!
    <

anyway, I spent some time this afternoon writing some fluff on my Gobotonnia:

Protectyness of Gork (blessing of the lady)

Gork loves nothing so much as seeing greenskins smashing their foes to the ground in a bloody melee. Through the eyes of the great gods Mork and Gork, they watch over the greenskins and protect them from harm when the Waaagh! is breaking heads, and dissipate the protection when the greenskins are in retreat.

The effects of the Protectyness are as follows:
    1. Affected models get a 6+ ward save
    2. Affected models get a 5+ ward save VS attacks with str 5 or higher

Losing the protectyness:
    1. FLEE!
    2 .refuses challenge

Gobotonnian Knights of the Realm (Knights of the realm)
    The biggest and strongest of all goblins take war much more seriously than other goblins and have the best equipment. Many of these equipments are captured in the great war of Bretonnia, and carried as a mark of their self-evident superiority.

Fanatical Goblin Knights (Grail Knights)
    Having imbibed a brew made of a very special fungus called the Mad Cap, the goblin’s strength is boosted beyond belief. The Goblin is almost completely unaware of what is happening around him, and only care about smashing their foes to the ground in a bloody melee.
    <

really nice conversions and an awesome painting!!
    <

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast