Thread: Looking To Make Tau Vehicles That Are Interchangeable

Looking To Make Tau Vehicles That Are Interchangeable

I am a new tau player. My last army was Eldar and i had all my tanks' weapons magnetized so i could swap them out. I also had parts of the actual tanks modular so i could swap them out making a falcon a fire prism and such. I hope to do the same with the tau if possible. the devilfish and the hammerhead seem to use the same body. The Skyray looks like it might too. Are there any guides out there for doing this? Any place i can see what the Skyray sprue looks like so i can come up with my own idea?

Thanks

Re: Looking To Make Tau Vehicles That Are Interchangeable

The Skyray has all parts to do interchangeably Skyray, Hammerhead and Devilfish (if you add two gun drones that is). Only tricky part is the nose turret. But you need absolutely no magnets or even skill to make those three tanks interchangeable.

thats sounds good, but how do you do it without magnets? Do pieces snap off or something? Also, do you know of any guides or anything that explain this?

Well I think the first step is not gluing the Ion Cannon or Railgun onto the turret insert itself. The skyray has it's own turret ring so you don't need to worry about that.

The only things you really could magnetize if you wanted to were the nose turret so you could switch between the burst cannon for the devilfish, and the sensors for the Skyray/Hammerhead.

That being said, now that I think about it you could also magnetize the inserts that have either burst cannons or smart missile systems on them so you can change them easier.

Best thing to do: Buy a Skyray kit, then bitz order a large burst cannon for the devilfish or something from battlewagon bitz. Next get some magnets from amazingmagnets.com if you are in the US. Magnetize the ion cannon and the railgun where they mount onto the turret ring, next mount a magnet onto the turret ring itself for the main guns. Next mount a magnet inside the nose turret so you can switch between the sensors and the burst cannon. After that magnetize the inserts that hold either the smart missile system or the burst cannons and magnetize the weapons themselves.

That will give you a fully modular tank on the devilfish chassis.
    The more we do to you the less you believe we are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morglum5780 View Post
    thats sounds good, but how do you do it without magnets? Do pieces snap off or something? Also, do you know of any guides or anything that explain this?
    What is there to explain?
    You get the Hammerhead turret, you get a separate Sky Ray turret, just exchange the turret as you like (it is not glued to the vehicle, and I even made the Hammerhead weapons exchangeable by not glueing them on).
    The drones are not glued there either, just exchange them.
    You only need to deal with the nose turret either magnetize or chose one option, not a big deal to make one option count as every other.

Theres a guide for using magnets to make Hammerheads and Devilfish (as well as some other cool stuff like superdetailing and LED markerlights) here:

http://www.tauonline.org/Article/57/...andbackagain)/