Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: Building a better Warhammer

Re: Building a better Warhammer

It's been a while and an update is in order.

The changes to the main rules are almost finished. I'll need another edit to make sure but the magic items, spells and special rules all have been updated and clarified.

Currently I'm working on the Beastiary which will have a number of troop types that you can equip as you wish. I'm not creating lists like in Warhammer, but rather headings for troops like dwarves, elves, orcs, goblins, etc. so you can build lists of your own choosing. I think this will give players more flexibility.

I'm also updating the point costs based on additional game play and will include these as well so people can make units from scratch.

My goal is to have this finished in the next couple of weeks as I have other projects I want to dig into (like writing my next book).

If there was anything you wanted to see that you didn't, this is your big chance to let me know.
    Want a better way to fight fantasy battles? Try Conqueror: Fields of Victory!

Do you like Star Wars but hate the prequels? Ever wish someone came up with a decent story about how a decadent galactic commonwealth descended into chaos and civil war? Look no further.

A proud player of 2nd edition 40k.

My previous post was (as usual) wildly optimistic about the time frame. When I started the revision, I fondly imagined having it done by April. Now I'm hoping June which likely means July.

At present the revisions are done and so is the Beastiary. I'm working on formatting and editing, which is painful in the extreme. The printed version will be much larger since it has so much more material. All the unit entries are just about doubling the length.

Still, the end is in sight. The next steps are to finish the layout, do a hard copy edit, and then tweak the cover art. If I didn't have so much else going on, this would take a matter of days, but we'll see.

Do you like Star Wars but hate the prequels? Ever wish someone came up with a decent story about how a decadent galactic commonwealth descended into chaos and civil war? Look no further.

We're now full on into format and editing. I marvel that people actually do that sort of thing as a full-time job. Then again, I suppose if you're getting paid enough, it's not so bad.

The format of the print copy has changed from the last version. It's now basically 8.5 x 11, close to the GW books. This cuts down on the page count and makes things a bit more legible. The rules portion is in good shape, but the army lists are a bit rough and it's going to be painfully slow to ensure each entry is in a consistent style. I then have to format them so that entries aren't split by page breaks. Painfully slow.

I'm actually looking forward to writing another novel and I'm using that as motivation to get this done. No writing until Conqueror is finished!

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33