Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Fisto - Apologist, Bob Hunk, GrahamGilchrist & Omricon do Imperial Fists!

Re: Team Fisto - Apologist, Bob Hunk, GrahamGilchrist & Omicron do Imperial Fists!

Ah, but more to the point, the whole of TEAM FISTO is here! Check out the PCRC website, for some great stuff. I'm really looking forward to this – the PCRC have always pushed each other's painting and modelling on, so expect some great stuff from everybody.
    Last edited by Apologist; 17-06-2009 at 18:09.
    Imperium Secundus
    Rebuilding painting blogs

Industrious, bionically-enhanced member of the Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic

Re: Team Fisto - Apologist, Bob Hunk, GrahamGilchrist & Omicron do Imperial Fists!

I've been giving my army lists for this event a lot of thought over the past day or two, and have completed a definitive (I hope) list of what I need to build. My aim is to have everything assembled, based, undercoated and basecoated by the end of June.
    The list is as follows, bold indicates already assembled and italics indicates not yet assembled...

1 Rogal Dorn
    1 Archamus, Master of the Huscarls
    4 Primarch Honour Guard & 1 Legion Champion
    6 Custodes Kataphracts
    1 Captain
    1 Terminator Librarian

10 Sternguard
    1 Termite

1 Dreadnought
    10 Tactical Marines
    10 Tactical Marines

4 Grav Attack Tanks
    1 Land Raider Spartan
    1 Imperial Bastion
    1 Aegis Defence Line

The Land Raider and the buildings are excluded from the 'end of the month' target, as I won't be able to pick them up until next month.

Additionally, to help out other members of Team Fisto, I'll also be making...

1 Captain
    1 Captain
    1 Dreadnought
    10 Tactical Marines
    10 Tactical Marines

My first big photo update should be on Monday, so stay tuned.

I think i am going to enjoy this log, subscribed.

Good to see more of your marines swapping to the yellow, Apologist, can't wait to see more!

I'll be watching this log with interest guys.

That's a good looking yellow and it looks like its probably pretty quick to do.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Rogal Dorn and his Primarch honor guard.

Good luck with getting it all built by the end of june.

Thanks

Very promising start! I'm looking forward to full immersion in that ineffable Heresy-era atmosphere.
    Apologist's "spartan gothique" vibe works well. The test models look highly promising.

Tallarn! Noooooo!!

Off and running...
    The Harrowed: My Demon Army's Warseer project log

Ahh, the Imperial Fists are my favourite Legion! Real men wear yellow.
    I'm definitely excited to see their treatment by such a talented team of modelers.

Will be watching closely

In grimdark future, yellow scares you.

<
    Inloading datasquirt +++ Operandus Tallarn Theatre +++>
    (This picture shows the truest colour – the others were a little dark, so I had to play with the curves.)

To kick off my contribution to this combined blog, here's an example of how I paint yellow – with a quick dose of Mango spray paint, followed by a Leviathan Purple wash. Purple is opposite yellow on the colour wheel, so a subtle hint of it really helps the yellow to pop in the recesses, and helps knock back the 'glowing' effect that really bright yellow can have.

Of course, if you're after a luminous yellow, keep any purple right in the recesses – my personal taste is for quite muted, beaten-up looking models because I think this level of detail helps the illusion of distance. I think shading down from a light basecoat (in this case, a yellow spray) is the quickest approach for bright colours.

Brother Dmitr, WIP

Once the yellow was in place, I used a dilute mix of Dark Flesh and Warlock Purple for the deepest recesses (this mix is a deep, warm grey that doesn't kill the yellow), and slapped on some black.

I've used various mixes of Warlock Purple and Skull White for the eyes, and note that I've painted the 'ears' black. This'll eventually narrow the head down, adding to the illusion of the model's overall height. It's also an example of tonal balance – I want plenty of very dark areas to act as counterpoint to the vibrant yellow. This contrast is what'll give the finished model some 'oomph'!

Needs a lot of tidying up, dirtying up, detailing and general work, but I'm pretty pleased with the colour so far. Not sure what to do with the loincloth at the mo – I was going to add chequers, but that might look a little 'Lamenter'. Any ideas?

The models are already a mishmash of Spartan, Anglo-saxon, Gothic and Teutonic influences, and I'd really like to push them over the top. P'raps a cherub dragging his boltgun along, a backbanner with a fish on, or nails driven into his forehead? I'm aiming for a very Blanchesque feel, so feel free to get creative – even the most baroque ideas can find a home here.
    Imperium Secundus

for the loincloth, how about going for a deep, rich red (a colour you ought to be half-way decent at painting by now :-P), with some freehand - scrollwork, perhaps, litanies, a Fist emblazon. Something to that degree?

He looks great so far

Ay you cheeky bastard you best not take the anglo saxon theme to heavily as thats what my Star Lords are.

Great looking model so far though, i agree with the purple, i think it looks good from what i can see just now. I am not sure though on the black 'ears' but thats not a big thing as he is really starting to look menacing!

So Apologist, what do you plan on including in your force?

What about some slaves/servitors who carry around their other equipment. Very similar to the Cenobites from the Black Templars. Maybe that's where that Successor Chapter got the whole use of Cenobites from?

Don't forget to add a bit of a Roman element in there too, if I'm not mistaken the Imperial Fists had this tradition involving the gladius (short sword).

You, with the level of detail you put in your marines, might want to add some stuff of some members being from Necromunda. I'm curious if that world was such a cyberpunk/gangwar world like it is now... Might be interesting to see that some of the Necromunda Houses have been around for over 10 thousand years.
    Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Space ship design project

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

Ah, a bit of pictcap manip:

<Inloading +++> <Vidlog recovered from Ryzan Noosphere> <Data partially corrupted M37>

+++
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver
    for the loincloth, how about going for a deep, rich red (a colour you ought to be half-way decent at painting by now :-P), with some freehand - scrollwork, perhaps, litanies, a Fist emblazon. Something to that degree?
    Red definitely fits the Blanche idea, and red cloaks will definitely chime with the Spartan idea... Hmm... *ponders*
    Thanks!

+++
    Quote Originally Posted by bp.
    i agree with the purple, i think it looks good from what i can see just now. I am not sure though on the black 'ears' but thats not a big thing as he is really starting to look menacing!
    Once they've got some metallic on them, the starkness should be a lot more subtle.

+++
    Quote Originally Posted by Malika
    What about some slaves/servitors who carry around their other equipment. Very similar to the Cenobites from the Black Templars. Maybe that's where that Successor Chapter got the whole use of Cenobites from?
    Sweet! I think the PCRC has got cyber-Jeebus sitting around in our bits box somewhere, so he'll have to find a place in the army.

You, with the level of detail you put in your marines, might want to add some stuff of some members being from Necromunda. I'm curious if that world was such a cyberpunk/gangwar world like it is now... Might be interesting to see that some of the Necromunda Houses have been around for over 10 thousand years.
    That sounds fun to me not sure how I'd suggest that at the moment, but presumably Trazior hive has been around for a while. Since these lads've got studded shoulderpads, I'm not going for personal heraldry... but that doesn't mean that banners and things can't be done, and combining the old 8th Necromundan banners with the noble houses mentioned in the Necromunda sourcebook would be cool...

...or perhaps take it right back to the Confrontation/Ian Watson's Space Marine roots and have some bratgang references like ruffed collars?

'Lordly! Phantasmal!'
    Imperium Secundus

Sweet! I think the PCRC has got cyber-Jeebus sitting around in our bits box somewhere, so he'll have to find a place in the army
    Don't forget to add some fitting background to them. Explain the use of the cenobites (not the cyber cherubs) in the Imperial Fists and maybe hint that they will later on be used in the Black Templars.

That sounds fun to me – not sure how I'd suggest that at the moment, but presumably Trazior hive has been around for a while. Since these lads've got studded shoulderpads, I'm not going for personal heraldry... but that doesn't mean that banners and things can't be done, and combining the old 8th Necromundan banners with the noble houses mentioned in the Necromunda sourcebook would be cool...
    No personal heraldry? Why not? Are you going for a way more uniform look than your Ultramarines who each had their own story.

...or perhaps take it right back to the Confrontation/Ian Watson's Space Marine roots and have some bratgang references like ruffed collars?
    A big coloured mohawk perhaps? :P

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

Re: Team Fisto - Apologist, Bob Hunk, GrahamGilchrist & Omricon do Imperial Fists!

Lookin' good Apologist! the pink/light purple eye pieces look funny, but if they serve a good purpose, (such as making the yellow stand out a bit.) that's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Apologist View Post

Quality as usual, but however correct purple lenses may be, I've always preferred blue. This might be because I can't paint purple lenses to save my life (believe me, I tried. Dorn frowned, and was sad), but the turquoise I'm into at the moment just feels more...fisty. I do use some purple to shade my Fists, though.

Oh, what the hell. Aplolgist is doing the VII Legion. I'm happy in the pants.

Re: Team Fisto - Apologist, Bob Hunk, GrahamGilchrist & Omricon do Imperial Fists!

Looking really nice so far mate. Never concidered the purple wash idea, I might have to try that at some point.
    I agree that the servitors carrying equipment would look really cool.

So which one of you guys gets to tackle Dorn? He's the one Primarch I've always fancied having a bash at myself. Will he be true to the artwork or more improvised?
    Quote Originally Posted by warflag View Post
    Creativity from now on officially resides in a doghouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlv8 View Post
    I shall name my second son after you as Im sure I already was naming my 1st after someone else but then again that might have been you aswell...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fall View Post
    Quest 2: Attempt to get a quote in Doghouses signature

Hmm, for some reason I assume Dorn and his bodyguards to have golden armour rather than yellow. More ornate and such.

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

I just had a thought; what if you added a some bones tied to his gear. Skulls and long bones, maybe, and then had them all scrimshawed out. I'm not sure if it's still part of Imperial Fists Fluff, but if not, it darn well should be, because I always thought it was awesome.

It doesn't seem like something they'd display under the regulations of the Index Astartes, but Pre Heresy...anything's game

Commander

This sounds like an interesting project youve got planned. Look forward to seeing how this progresses and good luck to you all for your deadline.
    Your views much appreciated as I need all the help I can get!
    My WH blog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195162
    My Iron warriors and word bearers project log http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260551
    Imperial Blog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288036
    Xenos Blog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288038

I vote Apologist as the Primarch dude!

(well... not him himself like in a plasticard suit, although that would be both cool and hilarious, i do actually mean his amazing Ultramarine primarch which i keep spelling wrong so i decided not to spell it)

so yeh:

Apologist = X

Bob Hunk

GrahamGilchrist

Omricon

There you go... a ballot paper

SF :chrome:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fall View Post
    I vote Apologist as the Primarch dude!
    'Fraid the good Bob Hunk already has a finished Rogal Dorn posted on the first page.

Sorry to interrupt your slavering hero-worship...

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast