Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Fisto - Apologist, Bob Hunk, GrahamGilchrist & Omricon do Imperial Fists!

Re: Team Fisto - Apologist, Bob Hunk, GrahamGilchrist & Omricon do Imperial Fists!

well... erm... *tear runs down face* *sniff* *sniff* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

My hero worship has been interupted... he shall pay for this treachery... but first i must re-make my hero worship:

i say apologist revert to my previous idea of a plasticard suit...

Beat that mr Bob Hunk!!!

thought so... *returns to worship picture of apologist on the wall*

btw that picture is next to doghouse's, Synapse', G.Hawkes and mine

SF :chrome:

Re: Team Fisto - Apologist, Bob Hunk, GrahamGilchrist & Omricon do Imperial Fists!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fall View Post
    well... erm... *tear runs down face* *sniff* *sniff* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    There there, dry those eyes. The event we're attending will consist of several singles and doubles games, so although we are going to make sure that we don't use two Primarchs in the doubles games, there is still plenty of scope for all of Team Fisto to build and field a Primarch if we like.

I am indeed making Rogal Dorn, and I believe GrahamGilchrist is too, but I'm not sure if Apologist has decided yet.

In other news, I bought the bits to build my Grav Attacks today. Photos Monday with any luck.

Hero Worship continues...

P.S.: Where is Graham?

Ok guys, time for a photo-update of my "to build" list...

1 Rogal Dorn
    1 Archamus, Master of the Huscarls
    4 Primarch Honour Guard & 1 Legion Champion

1 Terminator Librarian

6 Custodes Kataphracts

1 Captain

10 Sternguard
    1 Termite 1 Rhino

Ahem, whem it came to building the Termite, I suddenly found myself feeling quite uninspired. I may revisit this later on in the project if I have any good ideas, but in the meantime the Sternguard (who are currently winging their way to me from eBay) will be riding around in a good ol' fashioned Rhino.

1 Dreadnought

10 Tactical Marines

10 Tactical Marines

4 Grav Attack Tanks

Not built yet...

1 Land Raider Spartan

Not purchased yet...

1 Imperial Bastion

Not purchased yet...

1 Aegis Defence Line

Not purchased yet...

Plus additional models for other members of Team Fisto...

1 Captain

1 Dreadnought

10 Tactical Marines

10 Tactical Marines

That's it for now. Still vaguely on schedule for the moment. Will do another update next week...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fall View Post
    P.S.: Where is Graham?
    He's currently working on the PCRC website, but I'm sure he'll get on to model making soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hunk View Post
    He's currently working on the PCRC website, but I'm sure he'll get on to model making soon.
    Yes indeedly, too many projects, too little time

Rest assured, my internet friends, plans are afoot. I'm currently waiting for delivery on some parts then it's all go on TEAM FISTO!

Nice clean yellow there, Bob_Hunk and is that over a black undercoat?
    What's the recipe?

For my own part, I've been being distracted from what I should be working on, and have started converting a true-scale terminator. Finally found a good piece to work from...
    Imperium Secundus
    Rebuilding painting blogs

Industrious, bionically-enhanced member of the Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic

This thread is promising. Though Apologist must do a Dorn. He is, truth be told, the superior modeller and painter. It is illogical that he doesn't make a Dorn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaktathi View Post
    Brothers of the Snake for instance was just an atrocious SM wankfest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Hell, according to the fluff, you're more likely to find Superman flying around than a female Space Marine, because whereas the fluff states that geneseed only works in males, it doesn't state that there aren't Kryptonians in the galaxy.
    No, his model does not look better then the Forge World version. Not even close.

less talk, more models!!!

Update... NOW!!!! especially you apologist!!! you owe me for ruining my day when i found out that you had stopped the Praetors!!! GRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terribletrygon View Post
    This thread is promising. Though Apologist must do a Dorn. He is, truth be told, the superior modeller and painter. It is illogical that he doesn't make a Dorn!
    Thanks for the compliment, but I wouldn't say that – check out GrahamGilchrist's awesome tau blog, or Bob_Hunk's amazing scratchsculpting on his warboss and nobz. They've both got a crispness of quality and consistency to their painting that I'm deeply jealous of! Both are much better technical painters than me, which is what makes the PCRC such a great club to belong to: we keep pushing each other along!
    Last edited by Apologist; 23-06-2009 at 17:21.
    Imperium Secundus

Quote Originally Posted by Apologist View Post
    Nice clean yellow there, Bob_Hunk and is that over a black undercoat?
    What's the recipe?
    Ah, this is just the Iyandan Darksun stage, which is why it still looks flat. There's the Sunburst yellow, Bleached Bone, Gryphonne Sepia, etc to go yet. But yes, it is all over a black undercoat, gotta love those foundation paints!

This is really exciting. I'm working on fists now so please be specific on techniques you use. That is if you don't mind sharing your intellectual property and skill for free... I'm gonna try the purple gig myself. I sure hope your team will continue posting thru the event as it sounds pretty cool too!

Thanks, I'm truly inspired!

Templar-Sun

I'm following this log with great anticipation..keep it up guys

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hunk View Post
    Ahem, whem it came to building the Termite, I suddenly found myself feeling quite uninspired.
    I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but maybe this will help:
    My WIP termite I always like to see old concepts made again, and since mine is stuck in the undercoated stage having been packed away from recently moving house, maybe I can inspire you to go one better than my obvious failure

"I encourage my men to explore the philosophy of bloodshed; to understand the intellectual structure that informs their killing"
    'Alpharius', Legion
    The Serpent's Lair; An Alpha Legion Forum

Personally, I look forward to those 4 Grav Attack Tanks Mr Hunk refers to! Now THAT'S going to be original (pffft to your Primarchs haha)! Just so long as they aren't made out of roll-on bottles

It's very nice seeing so many Rogue Trader SM and Dreadnoughts, takes me back ohhhhh 15 years? Bloody hell, I'm getting old :P

I also look forward to the development of Dorn's harem... Sorry, retinue!

Just a general suggestion for this project- will we be seeing lots of troops wearing Osmotic Gills? Roge Trader compendium seemed to have a lot of artwork with dudes wearing those and seeing as this is Tallarn post annihilation that would seem appropriate. Just my two pence..
    Imperial and Ork starships, random Imperial troops and now the developing zombie plague...
    Building the Orkmada- BFG Orks
    :skull: World War Z :skull:
    Quote Originally Posted by GomezAddams
    Right I'm going to head off, got cowgirls with massive racks to paint - its a hard life

Quote Originally Posted by Jihad_Ragsta View Post
    Personally, I look forward to those 4 Grav Attack Tanks Mr Hunk refers to! Now THAT'S going to be original (pffft to your Primarchs haha)! Just so long as they aren't made out of roll-on bottles
    Actually that's exactly what they'll be made from! The campaign offers a points break on Grav Attacks adhering to the 'Priestley Pattern'. Don't worry, I'll make it look good!

Chapter Master

lol.... i thought the Priestly Pattern grav tank thing was a joke when my friend told me about it... Are you seriously doing the toilet roll and deodorant grav tanks bob?

regards

My name is Daniel and i am a wargamer
    40k NURGLE BLOG http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...big-blobby-guy
    Ever wondered why Maths seemed so hard?
    "Everytime I see a maths problem it looks like this: If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples, how many pancakes would it take to cover the roof.
    - ANSWER - Purple, because aliens don't wear hats..."

Quote Originally Posted by gonzosbignose View Post
    lol.... i thought the Priestly Pattern grav tank thing was a joke when my friend told me about it... Are you seriously doing the toilet roll and deodorant grav tanks bob?
    Not only that, we all are.

Go-go terrible puns for names!
    Imperium Secundus

Quote Originally Posted by gonzosbignose View Post
    Heh heh, well yes I do have underarm roll-on deoderant sticks on standby for the hulls, and a plastic spoons for the turrent, but everything else will be plasticard and normal components. Not a toilet roll in sight...unless I'm really stuck for Termite ideas!

Thanks for the link btw WarpWhisper, I'll take a look at your Termite in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Apologist View Post
    Not only that, we all are.

Go-go terrible puns for names!
    Totally, name will be painted on the hulls. I'm going to have one called "Lynx" and one called "Righteous Guard", but still need two more deoderant name puns...any ideas anyone?

Axe of the Empire!

Cheese galore!

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast