Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My random plog. Mostly IG, DE and CSM.

Scout
    Paradise, Canada Rank: I are Serious Cat! Chaplain: Astrum Lux Lucis starlight - it's for girls!

Re: My random plog. Mostly IG, DE and CSM.

Very nice.
    If you love a Redhead, set Her free...if She follows you everywhere, pitches a tent in your front lawn and your new girlfriend disappears, you belong to Her, get used to it .

What you say about other people, says far more about *you* than it does about *other people*.

Check out my ravings at Geek-O-Rama, where I'm now reviewing and covering Geek-related activities. If you see me at a 'Con, come and say Hi.

RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009. Memorial for Jon Wilson/Brimstone

I love that DE color scheme. I see that scheme everywhere on GW. Would you mind telling me step to step on how to make that look? I'm a semi painter only with dry brushes (which really doesn't count). That's all I had to do with my Iron Warriors. Thanks.
    Ork Goff army: 3 wins - 0 tie - 0 lost
    Chaos Word Bearers: 7 wins - 1 tie - 1 lost

Get yourself a fine brush (I think I used a 2 for basecoating, 1 for the rougher green stripes, and a 00 for the finer green stripes and the eyes), then follow the steps in post #20 . It's really easy to do. Don't forget to thin the paints, mine came out a bit too thick.
    http://www.mekwars.org Play Battletech online in the MegamekNet 3025 campaign environment with people from around the world. New players welcome. Join a noble house and fight for supremacy in the Inner Sphere. Non-commercial community project, no cost.
    My random Sci-Fi Plog, mostly Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar and CSM Current Project: Bad Moons.

Alright. Thanks. Is that the same size as the smallest paintbrush you get from GW? Or do I have to purchase a smaller one.
    Ork Goff army: 3 wins - 0 tie - 0 lost
    Chaos Word Bearers: 7 wins - 1 tie - 1 lost

Frankly, I have no idea what brushes GW sell; my brushes are old Revell brushes for the rough work, and DaVinci sable for the details (sizes 00 - 5/0), and I think that the more professional dudes on the board would shudder in horror if they saw what I usually work with...

But I think the GW Fine Detail Brush should do.
    http://www.mekwars.org Play Battletech online in the MegamekNet 3025 campaign environment with people from around the world. New players welcome. Join a noble house and fight for supremacy in the Inner Sphere. Non-commercial community project, no cost.
    My random Sci-Fi Plog, mostly Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar and CSM Current Project: Bad Moons.

Scout
    Paradise, Canada Rank: I are Serious Cat! Chaplain: Astrum Lux Lucis starlight - it's for girls!

One of the guys I worked with at GW (Craig...I forget...) turned out Golden Demon level work all the time with regular GW brushes...however, he was rather selective of them. James...Canadian Grey Knight guy...painted an entire mini well above tabletop quality (okay, better than many display pieces I've seen) with a tank brush!
    If you love a Redhead, set Her free...if She follows you everywhere, pitches a tent in your front lawn and your new girlfriend disappears, you belong to Her, get used to it .

What you say about other people, says far more about *you* than it does about *other people*.

Check out my ravings at Geek-O-Rama, where I'm now reviewing and covering Geek-related activities. If you see me at a 'Con, come and say Hi.

RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009. Memorial for Jon Wilson/Brimstone

Here's a closer pic of a warrior and a Ravager for you. The Ravager, as all of my other DE vehicles, was part of a 2 day rush job shortly before a tournament, so please bear with me...I will redo them at some point...

Nurgle Raptors:

And this is their champion

And the sorcerer who usually leads them:

(you might have seen these before. I am just updating semi-regularly with stuff that is already painted - new stuff soon, I have a Techpriest for my IG in the works, as well as a squad of 1Ksons which I am painting for a friend).
    Last edited by Bloodknight; 24-06-2009 at 23:48.

Brother Sergeant jjakaalbinoboy's Avatar

Random question, whats the building behind them in the pictures? Btw Ogryns look cool although I dont use the alien in my guard army lol. The dark eldar look awesome.
    JJ - WH40K: Eldar & Imperial Guard - WHFB: Warriors of Chaos - BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar
    "After all, I don't play to win, I play to die in the name of the Emperor." Chris Peach
    Gaming @ Redditch Wargaming Society - Redditch, Worcestershire, UK

It's one of the Cityfight buildings. I think it's called Sanctuary, but I am not sure.

That's a very nice sorceror.

I like the dark eldar a lot to, top stuff matey.

I love your Mordian Scouts diorama

sj

I somehow forgot to have a look at your log - something I've obviously changed now

I like your take on the Dark Eldar. How did you paint the metallics?
    Is it just me, or has your painting improved since your nurgle marines - they are well painted, but the DE look better.

I'd hope so. The Nurgle Marines are pretty old, 2004/5-ish. When I paint some more (happens from time to time when I scan my bitzbox and find more PM) I still paint on that level to keep a consistent look in the force, so that some stuff isn't obviously better than the rest (the Sorcerer is an example of that) because when that happens I want to redo them all and get into a vicious circle, happens with my Guard all the time and I need to stop myself ^^.

The metallics are super simple, it's almost embarrassing. I's just Chainmail over black, then one or two washes with Badab Black (soemtimes the first wash isn't dark enough), a bit of Boltgun/Chainmail and Chainmail for the highlights, and then Mithril on the edges of the blades.

I will have to redo the DE vehicles at some point (they came out a bit too quick and easy...), and I really need to learn wet blending for the effect that I want. For that reason, I am still waiting with my Vect.

Here's a pic of Lelith:

Good job on the DE! I have to admit, I favor the plague marines personally. Those raptors are hilarious actually, like floating fat ladies in jump suits

It is time for some new Dark Eldar, certainly. In comparison to the other GW stuff they do not look very up to date. Although your painting does for a major improvement.

Let´s see some more

Cheers
    Bart
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
    \m/ Metalhead of Warseer \m/

Floating fat ladies? Lol.
    I just wanted to have some real Nurgle Raptors that look like jumping trash cans (they're like bumblebees, technically they shouldn't be able to fly but they ignore it and do it anyway), not the pretty agile looking CSM raptor models. The jump packs just fit the description and complement nicely with the pickelhaube style helmets of the old PMs, I think.

It was a real PITA to get the 4 jumping models balanced on pieces of paperclips, they're seriously heavy (especially No. 4 and 5 because they also have lead bodies) due to the 2nd edition lead Stormboy jump packs. Each of these dudes weighs around 50 grams.
    Last edited by Bloodknight; 09-07-2009 at 22:25.

Very well worth the effort. Number 4 is my favourite. Looks totally out of control, like: where amI going...er... upwards I guess..
    I have some real olds PMs, great models, a joy to paint. Although I must say the latest ones are quite good aswell.

Cheers
    Bart
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
    \m/ Metalhead of Warseer \m/

So it's been a while.

A couple of updates on the stuff that I've been doing:

Painted a couple of heavy weapons for my Guard.

A couple of WIP characters:

Started building a lot of FW stuff that I bought ages ago, with these two bad boys as the start of building and painting my FW World Eaters:

Done a bit of work on my Dogs of War army (yes, I forgot to paint the claws white on the SB's shield...):

And I found something in a box that inspired me to work on my BattleTech-stuff again; this one was a gift from a friend.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast