Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My random plog. Mostly IG, DE and CSM.

Re: My random plog. Mostly IG, DE and CSM.

@Mods: when you move this, please put it in the Random Logs section, not Sci-Fi or WFB.
    http://www.mekwars.org Play Battletech online in the MegamekNet 3025 campaign environment with people from around the world. New players welcome. Join a noble house and fight for supremacy in the Inner Sphere. Non-commercial community project, no cost.
    My random Sci-Fi Plog, mostly Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar and CSM Current Project: Bad Moons.

Librarian

I love mordians and dogs of war, loving your thread!

I got myself to painting again a bit this week, and this is the outcome (Pics as bad as always, I really need to buy a real camera):

Dark Eldar Archon with Bike Retinue:

The Bikers alone:

Closer shot of one biker:

And a squad of Warp Beasts (actually Chaos hounds, the real Warp Beasts are both ugly and hard to come by now):

The Beasts were basically paint scheme testers because I wanted to paint some red models - I have a Khorne army in the works, and since that is mostly FW stuff, I don't want to botch it. I like the way the beasts turned out, and want to paint an "enhanced" version with a bit more work into them as Flesh Hounds (or Generic Lesser Daemons ) for that WE army.
    http://www.mekwars.org Play Battletech online in the MegamekNet 3025 campaign environment with people from around the world. New players welcome. Join a noble house and fight for supremacy in the Inner Sphere. Non-commercial community project, no cost.
    My random Sci-Fi Plog, mostly Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar and CSM Current Project: Bad Moons.

Another shot of the beasts:

And an ugly shot of the Archon; I'll try to make a better one later.

And I actually got around to finishing the Imp characters. They are a bit half assed because there was a long pause between the first sessions and me finishing them, and I lose interest in unfinished models quite quickly, especially if they're models that I don't intend to use, such as the Enginseer and Uriah Jacobus.

Last edited by Bloodknight; 24-10-2009 at 14:03.

Oh wow. I love the Warp Beasts and Reavers. They look incredible, great work!
    My Dark Eldar community blog.

My Hobbit SBG Battle Reports (Youtube)

Ah, so your back to painting!

That's a really nice tone you achieved on your jetbike-drivers. My only criticism would be the archon - she's a tad to static in her pose for my taste.

The Beasts were basically paint scheme testers because I wanted to paint some red models
    I like them. How did you paint their skin?

There's not much I can do about the pose, I think, since the arms are a part of her armour. Was hard enough to get her on the bike in the first place since that model isn't exactly in a riding pose, lots of sawing between her legs

I like them. How did you paint their skin?
    Thanks

Black Primer.
    Whole model painted Mechrite Red.
    Whole model painted Blood Red.
    Whole model washed twice with Devlan Mud.
    Highlights in 80/20 Red Gore/Blood Red on their bodies.
    Highlights in 60/40 Red Gore, Blood Red.

The manes were then drybrushed in 8 steps from Blood Red, Blood Red with Blazing Orange (2x, 70/30, 50/50), Blazing Orange, Blazing Orange with Fiery Orange (50/50), Fiery Orange, Fiery Orange with Golden Yellow (50/50) and finally Golden Yellow on the ridge of their back.
    Last edited by Bloodknight; 25-10-2009 at 13:16.

Ah, I hadn't thought about devlan mud for the skin. I was experimenting on a bloodletter with mechrite red and badab black, but I wasn't that happy with the result.

I see. I use Badab Black for my Wyches' armour, but it's too crass for skin tones, I think. Ogryn Flesh might work, too, but I haven't tried that yet.

Excellent stuff, I really like your Lelith the colours youve chosen are really good.

I love the Warp Beasts. They are a unit I enjoy using and the models you've used are so much better than the offical ones.

Chapter Master
    Now Terra...Soon HOLY...Eastern fringes of Europe

Impressive stuff. I'm going to use your hints for my DE stuff and going to ask for more. Tks again for your pictures and ideas.
    IG: 2th Company/9th IG Hohenstaufen Regiment.
    "La garde meurt, mais il ne se rend pas"
    "To hell and back...Again"

Thanks for the praise .

My next project is going to be a unit of Mandrakes (the actual Mandrake models). I want to see if I can do anything so they won't look too crappy; they're the only DE models that I don't really like but I bought a squad of them to have a complete collection regardless (there will be Scourges at some point, too, I've got 10 of them; still missing Grotesques now...I am not going to pay retail for Grotesques that I will never use since they suck in the game).
    I do own real warp beasts, too, but I can't be bothered now that I've painted the hounds - they are much better models.

Got around to painting a bit more; a unit of Mandrakes this time. They are pretty weak models, but since I own every DE FOC choice I decided they had deserved a bit of love, too.

Weak pics as always, I still hope you like them.

Last edited by Bloodknight; 24-11-2009 at 22:46.

We all know that the mandrake models lokk hideous - your paintjob gives them a way better appearance.

One just has to love evil gimps ^^.

Thanks, Dezmord, I appreciate your comment.

A group shot (sorry, my camera can't get all the stuff on the pic from a closer point) of the painted DE stuff so far. 2000 points without any equipment or guns, more like 2700 with guns and stuff. Only legal in Apoc that way, though ^^.

Description:

Back row, left to right:

2 Reavers plus Lord
    6 Warrior Raider squad (with Sybarite)plus Haemonculus
    6 Warrior Raider squad (with Sybarite)plus Haemonculus (Urien)
    6 Warrior Raider squad (with Sybarite)plus Haemonculus
    8 Wych Squad (with Succubus) plus Raider
    8 Retinue (5 Incubi, 2 Warriors, Archon) plus Raider
    Ravager
    Ravager
    Ravager
    3 Reavers

Stuff in front of the Ravagers:

10 Warriors
    10 Warriors
    10 Mandrakes

Front row, left to right:

8 Wych Squad with Succubus
    Lelith Hesperax
    8 Wych Squad with Succubus
    5 Warp Beast Pack plus Beastmaster

104 Models so far

Stuff in the box left to paint:

-10 Scourges (started working on these)
    -3 Talos
    -6 Hellions
    -20 Warriors
    -4 Raiders (for the 2 Wych squads, another Raider squad and the 2nd Retinue)
    -5 Reavers
    -3 Grotesques (will be 10 until I get to them, I guess, if I can find a couple of cheap ones).
    -5 Warp Beasts plus Beast Master
    -5 Incubi
    -1 Dracon
    - 12 Shredder/Blaster armed Warriors
    - 6 Shredder/Blaster armed Wyches
    - 4 Warriors with Lances
    -1 Haemonculus

86-93 to go...
    Last edited by Bloodknight; 02-12-2009 at 13:35.

Just wandered across this thread and I must say I'm rather impressed! It's not often you see a well painted DE army, thankyou for the visual pleasure.

Consider this another subscription.
    Bretonnian Army for Sale (SA, Aus)

Hey there :-)

you sheme works so well :-) I like the colours very much and you make the models look better as they are. I hope gw sometimes go over them, to give every w40k-race its justice :-)
    The beasts are especially nice, that warm fur and nice clean painting, well done.
    Suits them to 100% and much better than the old beasts from the DE imo.

Keep them coming,

Noc
    -
    > Nocturn's Almighty Push <

After a long break updating with Tau, Eldar, Chaos and 'Nids.
    (last Update 01/18/2017: Tau - 1 XV107 R'Varna Battlesuit)

-

Thanks, guys. I didn't get anything done over the last couple of weeks, but I intend to have a Scourge unit finished by next week.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast