Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: My random plog. Mostly IG, DE and CSM.

Re: My random plog. Mostly IG, DE and CSM.

Yeah, I remember your DG. They look really good but I can understand it that you do not want to paint that much White again. And the red Color scheme that you are refering to looks indeed good. I remember it well. Do you plan to add blood and gore effects?
    VIGILO

CONFIDO

I'm not sure yet. I'll have to do a few test runs, it's so hard to do well and easily overdone.
    http://www.mekwars.org Play Battletech online in the MegamekNet 3025 campaign environment with people from around the world. New players welcome. Join a noble house and fight for supremacy in the Inner Sphere. Non-commercial community project, no cost.
    My random Sci-Fi Plog, mostly Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar and CSM Current Project: Bad Moons.

Riiiiise!

New project. I'm doing this with colleagues and a deadline, so I hope these guys will be finished in a few months. We all begin with a Start Collecting! box, I chose Orks since I've always wanted to paint a proverbial riot of colour. So Bad Moons it is:

This is a WIP, the two units and the painboy should be finished tonight.
    http://www.mekwars.org Play Battletech online in the MegamekNet 3025 campaign environment with people from around the world. New players welcome. Join a noble house and fight for supremacy in the Inner Sphere. Non-commercial community project, no cost.
    My random Sci-Fi Plog, mostly Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar and CSM Current Project: Bad Moons.

Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK, NW Europe, Sol-3, Eastern Spiral Arm

The incantations of summoning were successful! Thread necromancy achieved! And in style, too. Bad Moonz are always a larf.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodknight View Post
    Anyway: a Dark Eldar Raven fighter from FW:
    I'm two years late with this but the base with the tiny Epic figures is a great idea and you made it work really well!

So, deadline met - barely. The paintjob ended up simpler than I wanted to, but I ran out of time.
    So, here are a few bad pictures. I'm going to soup up the minis a little later (patterns, transfers etc.) and take better photos.

Group shot of the Start collecting! box:

Boyz

Nobz

Deff Dread

And the next step, a box of Meganobz.

You must be a sucker for punishment by painting Bad Moons . I keep my Orks to a minimum of yellow spot colour armour plates. It does look cool though!

The Meganobz look ace.

Doi

Some more punishment (I learned a very important thing when I painted these: do not attach the guns before painting these, my, did I make it difficult for myself):

The story so far:

Great work on the bikes! Mine have been half finished for a few years now... I really need to finish that army up. Im planning on using my speed freeks in a tournament next year.

Do you prime the orks white?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    I have too many project armies to list...
    Check out my Painting Blog! Comments/Criticism welcome! Historicals, 40k, Fantasy and more! - 2016 Model Count: 68 Bought/10 Painted
    Tabletop Showcase A forum dedicated to wargaming project logs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
    In other words as a rock player I find that changes to scissors are fair, balanced and reasonable but that paper has been made too strong in this edition and should be nerfed.

No, black, idiot that I am. The good thing is that Iyanden Darksun (which I used for the first batch) and Averland Sunset (second batch onwards) cover quite well on black. No comparison to the old ways of building up yellow.

I primed a test model white, that turned out a bit too gaudy for my liking.

Next stop: a Morkanaut, I've already primed him and put on the first two layers of yellow. I plan on using Duncan's Morkanaut Tutorial on Warhammer TV, it looked like a relatively easy job to me (one hint though - he builds the model in sub-assemblies, but tbh I would also leave the legs off and paint the body first. But hey, I've got a 2nd one in a box, I will use my gained knowledge there to good effect ). And if the yellow is different from the rest, who cares, I bet no two Mekboys use the same paint anyway

Here's a WIP of the Morkanaut. This ist the last one, I just need to paint some cables, the Ork pilot and fix him to the base.

Love the Morkanaut! Looks great and that yellow is spot on- looks great and its such a hard colour to get right I think. Is funny I build up the reds on my eldar over a black base coat as well- I ha found the same as you that over white it was too bright and didn't have the right depth.
    The Orks are building up into a very nice force there- keep at it!
    My random painting log- Dwarfs, Nids and VC - updated with Kharadrons! 01/05/17
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142003

And he's done. I changed the colour of the eye because the blue didn't work, it was too dark. Sorry for the quality, the artificial light flattens the colours. I chose a khaki hat for the Ork, because I wear one of those all the time since nature stole my formerly beautiful viking-like head of hair

Last edited by Bloodknight; 13-06-2017 at 01:25.

Great start to an army. I always liked the orcs but its too many minis to paint. Keep up the good work.
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...to-paint-again

Since 2017
    Minis bought - 12
    Minis Painted - 6

This is the army so far (photo taken at around 3 am under LED light, thus the colours are a bit off). 1045 points in 40K8. Tonight I'm going to crack open another G/Morkanaut box and build a Gorkanaut out of it, painting one is currently still in my muscle memory, so to say, also I really liked doing the one above. When he's finished I will put some weathering stages on the first one, too.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9