Thread: Painting Beastmen

Chapter Master Sergeant Uriel Ventris's Avatar

Painting Beastmen

Hello, I've just finished converting, basing and priming my Beasts of Chaos warband, and now the only thing left to do is paint them. But I don't know which colors I want to use. The Games Workshop website used to have a ton of differently painted examples, and I remember there was one that caught my eye long before I even owned the figures. I believe it had gray in it, or gray was an important color in the skin/fur. But now they are gone, and I'm stuck. I hate brown/red beastmen, I think they are too common. I will be painting the mutations in many different garish and outlandish colors, but I want a consistent color scheme for the rest of the herd. If anyone can provied me with some picture examples or basecoat/mid tone/highlight examples, I'd really appreciate it. I swear I'll post pictures when I'm done!
    Quote Originally Posted by The bearded one View Post
    Chaos steeds don't tend to attract the favour of the gods. I can't remember any "exalted horses of chaos" leading chaos hosts on a path of doom and destruction.

Re: Painting Beastmen

I think they were the nurgle ones. they had like dwarven flesh skin and grey fur.

otherwise you could always look up pictures goats and other farm animals.

I painted my old ones with pink/pale skin with black fur.
    Tyger Tyger. burning bright,
    In the forests of the night:
    What immortal hand or eye,
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

I'm using dark grays and browns in my army, mostly. I think that the less conventional colors look great, especially in a Tzeentch flavored horde. There are some blue Beastmen armies that look awesome. You could use a muted coloration if you want the focus to be on the mutations.
    Feel free to check out my painting log if you want: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195643

Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan

I do white skin, and med-brown fur.

I was deciding between that and black skin with red fur.

cheers
    Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis, and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Conan, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

On the other hand, you have different fingers.