I have been working on this for a while and have 40 guys assembled. I got the primer coat on, the first undercoat blue on, and the bluewash on. From this stage I have about 3 hrs for every 2 models - I have to block paint the large areas and highlight, and do the details.
Unfortunately with a 2 year old and an 8 week old I don't get much time. So far I have 5 tyranid hunters finished and 2 terminators finished (except for painting the bases). I will try to get a couple done a week and keep posting my progress.
These fist set of pictures show my attempt at painting the symbol on the shoulder but I have decided to start using the decals. I first put a layer of gloss varnish, then microsol, the decal, again microsol, another varnish, and finally a coat of testors dull coat. You can't see the edges of the decal at all and I am really happy with the outcome. I'll get those up in a couple days when I can take pics.