I already posted this in my project log but seeing the interest in my other magnetisation threads I figured I would post it here too for people to see.
So I picked up one of the new plastic Valkyrie kits the other day and man is it a sweet model, and big too!
I set about building it and wanted to paint the insides so I built it so that the top could be removed for painting. Then I thought, why not have it so that it could be removed even after painting? So I decided to magnetise the whole thing as well!
I magnetised the under wing weapons so they could be swapped between the Rocket Pods or Missiles, I also plan to make some twin Lascannons so I can change it to a Vendetta but I need to get some Lascannons first. (Feel free to PM me if you have some for trade btw!)
If you look at the first picture you can see the magnets that I glued on a piece of sprue inside the Lascannon/Multilaser fire point, I did the same on both sides so that I can put another Lascannon on the right side to make a twin linked hull mounted one.
On the next picture you can see the magnets on the rocket/missile racks, pretty simple one to do.
Here you can see the magnets that hold the top in place as well as a couple that are in the loading ramp that keep it closed. I plan to paint the latter as loading lights so they won't stand out as much.
After I posted it up here mcflurry brought up the good point that I could take some nice interior pictures if I magnetised the Heavy Bolters as well so I thought why not. I plan to make some control consoles or the like to go in place of the Heavy Bolters when they are not being used, so that the arms don't look out of place:
I also decided to magnetize the cockpit cover by putting a magnet in both the front and the back support sections and then glueing both sections together. Then magnets were placed in the back of the cockpit (In fact it is in the removable roof section) and in the nose section.
Finally here is a picture of the ship with two different weapon load outs:
I am going to do at least another one of these so if people are interested I could make a tutorial to go with my other magnetising ones.