Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Swifty 2's vampire counts

Swifty 2's vampire counts

Hey everyone,

new project again , after temporarily halting my dark elves (for quite a few months until i stop hating them, the week before conflict scotland nearly killed me), i've decided to reboot another of my old armies, the vampire counts.

I've once again decided to start completely anew, rather than repainting my old minis, as I truly hate repainting, so far i've assembled a unit of dire wolves, nearly assembled a corpse cart (whilst accidentally slicing my thumb open), i've finished konrad, and i'm about halfway through vlad.

Heres the Von Carsteins so far;

I'll try and get better pictures at a later date, i'm not sure how to turn off the flash and you can't see the flesh particularly well with it on since its so pale. (I can assure you though the flesh looks much cooler in real life).

I'm hoping to finish vlad this week, then i'll be painting inq major jackson min fo rmy local store, then hopefully painting the female vampire i've had since december.

Thanks guys, C&C appreciated.

Re: Swifty 2's vampire counts

Well, after the highly successful start to this new log i've managed to almost finish vlad, jsut a few tiny details left on the cloak, and last night I painted up whats meant to represent a necrarch vampire, which I built using the empire wizard kit.

Here's the necrarch;

The models fairly plain, however i'm happy with the way he turned out, particularly the gems and the crystal ball, I purposely chose the masked head because I like the idea that he'd hide his deformed face, and although you cant see it particularly well in the photos i've painted the flesh with a leprous effect. He was originally inspired, disturbingly by the new harry potter movie (Shameful), and ended up turning into a mashup of lucius malfoy, cobra commander, destro and the king from kingdom of heaven.

C&C aoorecuated

Well since the roaring success of this log continues I think it's time for an update (I think im just talking to myself now ).

I've managed to finish my first unit of 20 skeletons, only another 30 left to go for the moment;

Here's a necromancer I made with the wizard I had spare from making my necrarch;

And finally a vampire I made from an empire general kit.

C&C please

Ealing, London, Next door to only joking! (unfortunately)

Nice army, I especially like the skellies, and the wizard with the orb is cool! Keep me posted!
    Visit my shared 40K project log here : http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211864
    Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere View Post
    My name is Gr'tl'wqphnbdr, and I have come to your village today to allow you the honour to be eaten by me, but you can call me Gary.
    Quote Originally Posted by forthegloryofkazadekrund View Post
    With my Night Goblin army at 2,000 i normally have a great shaman and 3 mini Shaman, Squigs, Fanatics, huge blocks of infantry with nets and Bob the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by swifty2 View Post
    And finally a vampire I made from an empire general kit.

since you used the empire general kit for the pony did u scratch out or file down the sigmar symbol and name on the horses bum and on the armor

cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by Queekvondrak View Post
    since you used the empire general kit for the pony did u scratch out or file down the sigmar symbol and name on the horses bum and on the armor
    I certainly did mate, the only thing empire related still on him is the KF on his chest, but I can claim that he hasnt taken these off yet since hes recently turned.

That empire based vamp with the mask is really good.
    The way you have managed to give the illusion of a reflection of the hand on the top of the crystal ball is just damn good. It can be very tempting to go for a simpler solution, but details like that really enhances the look of the model. Keep it up!

And yes, bring som light close to the minis when taking the pictures to avoid the flash, or use the flash but zoom in from a little distance. Otherwise the flash will kill the look of the paintjob

Banned

whats the reicpe for your skellies there the nicest ive seen

Yeah, between the mask and the snake staff I was thinking Destro too LOL. Very nice work all the way around, definitely looking forward to more finished painted pics. It's funny, you can't get your flash off, I can't ever seem to get mine to come on..... Cheers!

Hey guys, probably should have checked this a while ago for replies;

Endor: Thanks mate, im really happy with the crystal ball, so far this army has allowed me to paint gem effects quite a lot which i've enjoyed.
    craksie666: Cheers mate, i'm dead chuffed with the skeletons because there so easy to paint, all you do;
    -black undercoat
    -paint all the bone areas dheneb stone (I actually find it easier just to paint the whole model dheneb stone)
    -paint the cloth mechrite red, then highlight it blood red.
    -paint the metal areas boltgun metal
    -wash the entire model with gryphonne sepia
    -black out the spears
    There you go, thats my easy cheat way of painting skeletons.
    Thanks devillocks, im actually considering a theme with a dr mindbender based necromancer, but thats only a very small idea that the voices keep bringing up.

In the form of an update I got about halfway through painting a zombie unit today before I started playing on arkhum asylum and then didnt leave my playstation all day, hopefully they'll be finished this week, possibly even tomorrow.

Hey guys, update time, so far the oasis split had sent me into a depression fuelled painting frenzy :-(. For the moment i'll show you the first 20 zombies, unfortunately I only have one picture because my cameras being irritating, however i'll get more pictures of the unit when I can, i've also painted another 20 zombies which I need to paint the bases for, as well as half painted 10 grave guard and i'm in the process of sticking the other 10 together right now. I've also stuck together 20 ghouls which I intend to paint this week, however I got a note through the door telling me to pick up both my space hulks from the post office tomorrow so that may sidetrack me slightly, as well as starting college tomorrow aswell.

Heres the first load of zombies;

Hey guys, I've got a few more zombies to show you, i've ctually had them finished for about a week now;

I've also got a spare zombie base I made out of spare parts, this is just for when I start running out of things to summon;

C&C please

nice zombies i really like the horse riders sword what kit is it from?
    GLORY IN DEATH IS LIFE ETERNAL
    check out my templars please leave comments. cheeres wookiee.
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165412
    KRIEG 131st ENFORCER SIEGE DETATCHMENT.
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190153
    warriors of chaos nurgle army

Nice Blog so far mate, i like the good use of the Empire wizards kit

I actually really like the red armour on your vamps. Nice looking blog - keep up the great work.
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*

Cheers guys,

Whitewookie: The arm and grip is from the empire general kit, whilst the hilt upwards is from the empire wizard kit.

I've managed to do a little more work on my grave guard, as well as starting some ghould, i've also nearly finished my first corpse cart.

Good looking stuff. Those skeletons especially look epic.
    Without judgement
    Perception would increase a million times
    -Chuck

. Space Wolves Plog .

.;

Those Zombies are awesome! ^_^

Cheers guys

Update, over the last few days i've managed to finish the first of my corpse carts, i've also started on my varghulf and spirit hosts.

Here's the corpse cart (sorry for the bad lighting but its night and my lightbulbs suck);

I've also thrown in a quick army shot;

It's occured to me while writing this that I never put up a better picture of konrad, i'll make a point of that soon.

Not far from J25 of the M1, or Nottingham

I love the lacquer on Konrad, Swifty. It all looks very impressive

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast