Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: My own little corner of Mordheim...

My own little corner of Mordheim...

It's the summer vacation, the weather is a bit dodgy, so what do you do... Build a Mordheim board, complete with structures, thats what!

EDIT: First paint op page 13!!!

EDIT: Project is progressing nicely = Pic heavy On page 7 pics of a semi finished city...

EDIT: I added some pictures and info on my warband: Liebert's Looters

Quite recently my gaming group (well, group, me and three mates) decided to get into Mordheim. As I am the one with the gaming facilities, they selected me to build the terrain needed for the game (I know, it's a burden ).

Last week I started with this building, a simple store house, made with plasticard and balsa wood. The desing is kept simple, with gaming first in mind.

I still need to add the floors and rough up the plasticard with some textured paint. Please let me know what you think.

Building two and three are already under construction... I hope to post some pictures of them soon.

C&C as welcome as always!
    Last edited by Boreas_NL; 02-05-2010 at 15:25.
    Check out my Mordheim scenery! NOW! I mean... Please... Only if you want to of course...
    Get your ale while it's still hot! And discover why Stirland should rule The Empire...

Quote Originally Posted by minitrol View Post
    Words cannot describe how I feel about your gamers room soooo Best... Feedback... Ever!!!
    My new personal hobby blog: Toy Soldiers off to War

Re: Mordheim structures

Hey Boreas,

Looking good so far just wondering what your plan was for the basing of the building & a board for them to go on?

The most common plans with mordheim are to make either make there board modular with terrain ontop (gorgeous looking but must be a tart to store!) or base there terrain pieces and make a flat board that matches the basing style (Usually tiled/cobbled)

Just wondering?
    Feren
    Edinburgh League of Gamers, Caretaker
    Student Nationals 2010, Wargames Co-ordinator

Good thinking...

At the same time I'm building a city board (on a purpose built table on wheels) using plaster blocks made from Hirst Arts molds. Though fairly simple in construction, they are a real pain to cast (I need some 1300 floor tiles...) so pictures of a finished board won't be coming any time soon... I can make some wip shots though.

The city board will have four big platforms, a canal running through the middle, thus separating them.

As for basing of the buildings, I haven't thought of that really. I figured I would glue them on the board, but being able to move them around should be a big bonus...
    Check out my Mordheim scenery! NOW! I mean... Please... Only if you want to of course...
    Get your ale while it's still hot! And discover why Stirland should rule The Empire...

Words cannot describe how I feel about your gamers room soooo Best... Feedback... Ever!!!

Just another pic... This one is of a bridge I made to connect two buildings on a second or third level...

Last edited by Boreas_NL; 15-07-2009 at 17:22.

Woah this looks like a great project,
    I realy like the Bridge.

Marine

cool! another dutch mordheim player
    great terrain, man!

Great stuff so far! Will be watching!
    A mind without purpose buys stuff it doesn't need.
    My Modular Swamp project log!
    A lonely planet guide to your very own planet? Come join in the fun on my Design a world thread!

Pretty nice! I really like the bridge. It looks very nice, though the shingles look a little big. Perhaps a mini for scale would be nice, but I really think your shingles are too big. Next time, cut them a little smaller. It may take a bit more time, but it will look nicer.
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

The Daniel36 Chronicles - My Project Log
    My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)

I am enjoying your progress so far, and look forward to seeing more!! I like the bridge alot. WIP photos are great too, so keep them coming, after all, this is a terrain log.

Do you have anything painted yet?

Thanks for the feedback! Last few days I've been casting plaster blocks like mad, so before long I should have some pictures of stone structures.

To give you an idea how these will look (style wise) I've included a picture of a tower I built as scenery for Warhammer Fantasy a couple of years ago...

Pretty nice! I really like the bridge. It looks very nice, though the shingles look a little big. Perhaps a mini for scale would be nice, but I really think your shingles are too big. Next time, cut them a little smaller. It may take a bit more time, but it will look nicer.
    I know, the shingles are a bit big... It makes the roofs a bit more practical to build though... Besides, I've already cut some 50.000 of them...

A pic with mini for scale...

And another of a balcony, built in the same style...

And the last one for now. A tree in Mordheim? Why not! The new plastic trees look nice, all gnarled and twisted... I have six of them and I will spread them through the city... Here's the first, notice the stones at the base.

The stone base around the tree is a great touch, as are the vines growing on the tower. I am loving the design of this stuff, keep it coming!

My second building... Not quite finished yet, but I wouldn't want to deprive you of a pic or two... It still needs a roof and the floors but the construction is finished.

As you can see, this a large one (some 15" high)... The ground floor is built using plaster blocks made with Hirst Arts molds. It still needs some work though (mostly demolition using a large pair of pliers). Good thing the plaster is quite heavy, the large overhang makes the building want to fall over...

Let me know what you think...

Brother Sergeant

It looks oke mate but for playing purposes it kinda sucks since you can only walk on ground level and have no place to stand further up. For the looks, great

No problems there... I just need to add the floors. Just haven't made em yet.

In post # 11, the balcony shot, there is a small gargoyle face; what is that from? It's very cool!!

I really like the combo of Hirst arts and scratch built, well done!!

These all look very good and I imagine will look fantasic once painted. The latest building seems to defy gravity, will it fall over if a metal mini stands on the top floor?

I think that the shingle size is OK, its a practicle size.

Bugbait out
    * Apocalypse Ork Plog * * Terrain building log * * Bugbaits Thunder Wolves *
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm

In post # 11, the balcony shot, there is a small gargoyle face; what is that from? It's very cool!!

Is this the one you were talking about? It came in a set of 6 different supports. I made a mold of them so I could reproduce them (for personal use of course...) The supports are quite small, but they add great character and a subtle malicious touch to the buildings...

The online store where I purchased these can be found here.

They have quite a nice selection of fantasy building stuff so be sure to check them out.

The latest building seems to defy gravity, will it fall over if a metal mini stands on the top floor?
    It won't fall over, the plaster construction at the base is heavy enough to prevent that. Furthermore, I'm going to add a base to give it some extra weight. Though I have to admit I was a bit concerned at first, you know, build first, think things through later...

Really great stuff, I will have to keep my eye on your log. One Love
    "Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!"
    My painting log http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245421

Nice buildings, though I'd be afraid of the last one toppling over if you place any metal models near the windows on the top floor... Or is the plaster-foundations heavy enough to keep it standing?
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast