Thread: Arkos the Faithless

Arkos the Faithless

hi

im looking for parts to start building an Arkos the Faithless as he appears in the siege of vraks 1, I know that book seems to have been written before the newer chaos codex so some of his options are no longer in the codex

he just seems a cool character, real cold and calculating (and he actually beat the chapter master of the dark angels hand to hand, which is always nice)

wargear: bionics, combi melta

gifts: mark of chaos undivided, spiky bits, daemonic aura, daemonic resilience, dark blade

ive already discussed it with my regular opponents and we all agree he is not over powered or broken in any way (i could get a daemon prince for cheaper with better stats)

ok on to what i need:

bionics: i was thinking of the old iron hands squad sargeant, anybody know anything better?

combi melta: the one from the chaos terminator lord or chaos terminators seems to big, any smaller combi meltas out there?

dark blade: this is basically just a pitch black sword, the blade itself has no marks or decoration on it but the handle and pommel are often vey intricate, thinking maybe the space marine command squad company champions sword, any better ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by ashc View Post
    Many wise words from Mannimarco.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariobarzanes View Post
    That Clown/herald of nurgle has some interesting ideas.....

Re: Arkos the Faithless

is there not a combi melta on the SM commander sprue?

Chapter Master

If you get the captain sprue then there is a handheld one, And you could use any number of things. Got a busted TV? Use it!

there is also a bionic arm on the commander sprue think its holding a chain sword?

didnt know about the commander sprue, that would be a money saver i think, beats spending 25 quid on the iron hand box for one guy who is in the wrong armour

so ill try to get the space marine commander box for his bionic parts and combi melta, old sorcerer backpack as it has dragon looking decoration on it, what about the dark blade? is there a powersword in that commander sprue for that?

on an off topic note: what is a good way of painting alpha legion? ive seen a few paint schemes ranging from (almost pure) goblin green to ultramarine blue with a green wash over it

yeah theres a power sword in there to mate

Sounds like fun. Not only is he easily represented with the current codex but as a named character from the "fluff" with cool conversions, you should be able to earn cool points with opponants. Post pics when your done.

The SM Commander set has four different CC weapons; A power sword, a chainsword, a power fist and a fist with lightning claws.

Edit: Ninjad

I used parts from both the CSM sprue and the SM Commander sprue to make my version of Arkos:

http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/t...rent=Arkos.jpg
    Elysians Blog (now with added Deathwatch): http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...25#post5042725

New Review site, we cover GW/BL/All forms of geekery: http://www.fiftyshadesofgeek.org/, also on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/50shadesofgeek and twitter @shadesofgeek

Quote Originally Posted by Mannimarco View Post
    on an off topic note: what is a good way of painting alpha legion? ive seen a few paint schemes ranging from (almost pure) goblin green to ultramarine blue with a green wash over it
    I use a mix of regal blue and goblin green for the armour, mithril silver for the trim and weapons and chaos black for the bolter casing.

neato thanks guys, ill start getting the parts in first thing tommorow and start building him (ill also try to make a squad of his vetrans who infiltratred vraks posing as loyalists, so that will probably use parts from the space marine command squad)

ive got a good feeling about this squad (conversion, not gaming)