• dwarf (and chaos dwarf)

18 13.04%
  • other (ogre, goblin, halfling etc)

10 7.25%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: best blood bowl team???

Banned

best blood bowl team???

what team has all the makings of the best blood bowl team over a league rather than one off game?

Re: best blood bowl team???

Its not other, its not norse or amazon, certainly amazon
    God of Battles on Facebook
    Fantasy Battle Games played since 2010 log
    WoC 21, Orcs 17, Beastmen 11, Ogres 9, Tomb Kings 9, Demons 3, High Elves 1, Brettonians 1, VC 1 71
    Other games
    40K 11, Gods of Battle 10, Malifaux 7, Saga 5, Deadzone 3, Dreadball 2 38

Orcs might not be the most subtle of teams, but they do have several ball-handlers and the best armour in the game. This will help the team keep their key-players present at most matches, which is paramount if one seek to win. Their players also don't cost an arm and a foot like the elf-players do.

Only problem is that the stupid black orc blockers will need to do lots of casualties in order to gain new skills, which might be very slow.

Of the elf-teams, I will rate the Dark Elves as the best for league, because they have better armour and access to more elite kickass-elves (4 blitzers + 2 witchelves) than their cousins that can only have 2 blitzer-types, but lots of catchers (snore).

Orcs definitely.
    Three out of four tournaments at my store have been won by orcs.
    There were no orc teams at the fourth tournaments, because nobody wanted to risk winning and then having to hear "Yeah, well, it's only because you played orcs..."
    EmperorNorton's Overabundance of Projects Log

2012 Minis bought: 363 - - - Minis painted: 373
    2013 Minis bought: 1060 - - - Minis painted: 210
    2014 Minis bought: 618 - - - Minis painted: 56

Librarian

There isn't enough info to answer this properly. all factors must be weighed, LRB4 or 5, how many games?

LRB4 Short leagues favor elfs, orcs and dwarfs
    LRB4 Long leagues favor Chaos and Skaven

LRB5 pretty much the same, the strength of the mutations on toned down a little. I think Pact edges out Chaos due to cheaper players and more Big Guys.

I voted Elves only due to the fact that everyone has AG4 - which in all actuality when it comes right down to it wins games. Also Wardancers are pretty gross off the hop.

- Cirrus
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Use the red brushes to paint FASTA!!
    "*Everyone* can be super! And when everyone's super--[chuckles evilly]--no one will be." - Syndrome: 'The Incredibles'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tennboy View Post
    There isn't enough info to answer this properly. all factors must be weighed, LRB4 or 5, how many games?

LRB4 Short leagues favor elfs, orcs and dwarfs
    LRB4 Long leagues favor Chaos and Skaven

LRB5 pretty much the same, the strength of the mutations on toned down a little. I think Pact edges out Chaos due to cheaper players and more Big Guys.
    well the new edition of the rules if its that important, not much has changed. i guess were planning on playing about 6 games, upto a possible 9 if you get to final.

Chaplain

I voted Skaven, but the undead teams shouldn't be lumped together; very different playing necromantic to the other undead sides, you actually have speed. I would have voted Necro if it was singled out.

If you work it out purely of the builder formula then Dwarves are the best team. I personally think Orcs are the best team for a league because they are good players (Blorcs and Blitzers) with great armour (hard to injure) and cheap linemen and re-rolls. They are almost as adaptable as humans but so much better at the biff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus View Post
    Iron Warriors are just pursuing their own vindictive, bitter agenda as usual... trying to beat the Imperial Fists at Lego building or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintertooth View Post
    Have you been reading this forum for long? Unfounded, ill-conceived whining *is* the party line.
    Quote Originally Posted by RBLFunk View Post
    Of course you don't have to play like that, but have fun playing with yourself.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by harrytheschmuck View Post
    well the new edition of the rules if its that important, not much has changed. i guess were planning on playing about 6 games, upto a possible 9 if you get to final.
    The reason I said that is in a long league Chaos Pact can manufacture some truly nasty players out of their Marauders.

But with such a short league, I'd go with Wood Elves and just run the score up on your opponent. Orcs and Dwarfs are just starting to get nasty at 6 games. Don't worry about Dwarfs tackle, cause the players with enough movement to be hitting your dancers and catchers are gonna be the Blitzers and Runners, so no tackle. Just get into their back field as quick as possible and spread them out.

Indeed lumping necro with comedy khemri and vapid vamps isn't fair on them.
    God of Battles on Facebook
    Fantasy Battle Games played since 2010 log
    WoC 21, Orcs 17, Beastmen 11, Ogres 9, Tomb Kings 9, Demons 3, High Elves 1, Brettonians 1, VC 1 71
    Other games
    40K 11, Gods of Battle 10, Malifaux 7, Saga 5, Deadzone 3, Dreadball 2 38

Banned

the poll only gives you 10 different answers to vote for and about 21 teams so as they have some of the same player trypes i had to put them together.

I voted elf, mainly for the reasons Tennboy said. Over a 6 game league I'd fancy them to improve quicker than the blocker teams, and wardancers are possibly the best starting players. Just to sit on the fence a bit, Skaven, Orcs and Dwarfs are probably pretty good bets too.

Within 6 games, it's not out of the ordinary to get at least 1 Wardancer to level 6 with the amount of TDs they can get, especially if you get lucky with a MA increase which isn't altogether unheard of on only a 10. AV7 might seem flimsy, but all you have to do is survive 2 turns at a time, really and you're golden. (Kick on a Lineman seriously helps make this happen)

- Cirrus
    Last edited by Cirrus the Blue; 28-07-2009 at 05:08.
    "*Everyone* can be super! And when everyone's super--[chuckles evilly]--no one will be." - Syndrome: 'The Incredibles'

Banned

well Ive always played orcs. (4 black orcs, 4 blitzes) Ive been thinking lizardmen for a change, not to much of a change but still get me away from using the same team every time. i like the strong players but the orks do lack a bit of speed. a lizardman team is faster in particular the skinks. Ive never had much luck with passing etc so maybe I'm better sticking to with the running game?

Orcs are best out of the box in one-off games. But in a league, the Elven teams start to take over. They score faster and their players advance faster than the slower beat-em-up teams. So, I voted Elves. I`ll agree with Cirrus the Blue (above) and even give the nod to Wood Elves as being slightly better than the the other Elf Teams. I once scored four touchdowns in one HALF with the same Wardancer (and the Lineman with Kick skill trick).

AlmightyNocturnus
    The Death Company were outnumbered, encircled and had no hope of survival, but hope and survival were no longer concepts that they understood. - Battle for Antax.

Quote Originally Posted by harrytheschmuck View Post
    well Ive always played orcs. (4 black orcs, 4 blitzes) Ive been thinking lizardmen for a change, not to much of a change but still get me away from using the same team every time. i like the strong players but the orks do lack a bit of speed. a lizardman team is faster in particular the skinks. Ive never had much luck with passing etc so maybe I'm better sticking to with the running game?
    I'd be cautious with choosing Lizardmen above Chaos due to the fact that the Lizardmen have ZERO agility besides the skinks - who are weak and squishy as hell even though they can run pretty good. At first glance, they might look, meh, pretty close and only a tiny bit off from Orcs, but their game is VERY different in comparison.

Chaos, on the other hand, is all AG3 (besides the Minotaur, that is) with 4 ST4 MA5 with the Warriors, so they'll be closest to the Black Orcs in playstyle, but will always give you more satisfaction in comparison due to the fact they're faster and generally paying more attention to incoming passes, dodges, etc. Not to mention the fact you have access to *dun-dadaDAAA!* MUTATIONS! Only takes a couple to change the statistics of your guys! Extra Arms+Two Heads=AG4 (essentially), for example. Get lucky with Pass on one of your Beastmen, slap on Extra Arms and you're golden.

Overall, Chaos is far more versitile to play with than the Lizardmen and I feel as an Orc player that you'd find them far less frustrating because the playstyle is far more similar from the start with Chaos. Just make sure you start your team with MINIMUM 3 Re-Rolls. Ideally 4 in league play. I hope they treat you well if you decide to give them a try. They're my favorite team. Perhaps not the 'best' team (as I said earlier Elves were at winning games), but they're hands down my favorite.

- Cirrus

Banned

i thought there would be more support for skaven?

My vote went to the box "Dwarfs" but I need to make it understood that it is a vote for Chaos Dwarfs.

Rock hard line-dwarfs, Sneaky hobgoblins who become strangely useful once they have a skill, Awesome Bull-Centaurs (Break Tackle is sooo Good) And if you must, a big nasty Mino to hold your line.

May be biased as they have always been my only BB team but meh.

Banned

choas dwarfs was one of the teams i was looking at as you dont see many around. if you some how manage to get the ball to a bull centaur then you have a very good chance of scoring

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast