Guys, for any info on booking events/prices etc at Maelstrom Game's 'Eye of the Storm' venue e-mail the Eye's venue manager Gary Moore (aka Dark Alliance) at garymoore[nospam]@maelstromgames.co.uk (obviously remove the brackets bit ).

Would be helpful if just one of you (preferably the organiser) contacted him though.

The venue is just a few miles off J28 of the M1 with good transport links to both the M1 and A1, it's just a mile from the nearest train station and bus station ( for those that have walked along the canal from Notts train st to WHW, it's shorter than that walk) and it's also a mile/15 min walk from the closest Travelodge.

By next year the full facility will be up and running with 70-75 tables, a fully licensed bar (till 2am) and a restaurant facility. All tables will be professionally made (hand made by a carpenter and finished to a high standard with a variety of themes) and we will have (very nice) terrain for all major (and more than a few minor) games systems. And of course we will allow any game system using any manufacturer's minis to be used.

First aiders, CRB checked staff and Public Liability Insurance are all standard, we're a professional outfit with years and years experience of attending and organising tournaments. We have a good idea what people want and expect from a tournament/gaming event because we've been to literally hundreds of such events between us!

We have a large shop on site with gaming tables and we stock a massive range of products and hobby materials. All at a discount from RRP.

The venue is a grade II listed Mill that we are currently restoring to its former glory. So a nice historic setting with a real atmosphere, not just a warehouse unit with some flat green tables that looks cold and boring.

The first phase of the venue (a smaller area housing 20 tables and a bar area) will be up and running at the end of October and this area is already fully booked until the end of the year and early next year is filling up fast.

The shop (the whole gaming area and restaurant will be completed to the same high standard.

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/q...l/SL271549.jpg

Like I say, whomever is organising I'd reccomend speaking to Gary, he can fully enlighten you with the Emperor's light. And provide the organiser with as much info as required.

Cheers

Tim Fisher

Maelstrom Games.