Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Space Hulk 3E Tileset

Re: Space Hulk 3E Tileset

@ CRasterImage, This is -Ace-! thank you so much. Simple to use, and looks great. Double thumbs up for the 2 set useage! I have 2 sets and this will make it simple to design maps without using more tiles then I really have. /salute!
    ++++ Salmanders Librarium Archive ++++

"The faith of the Salamanders is not forged in the chapel, but on the fires of the battlefield." Chaplain Xavier

++++ End Transmission ++++

You're welcome Sandalphon. As well as the rest of you. Thanks for the kudos! It is one of the things that fuels weekend warrior projects.

Here You go

I have added a patch for mine in a zip file. Dowload it then extract the contents to the SpaceHulk3E folder. Ylick yes when asked to overwrite the end pieces file. Then if you open it up again you should have the infestation end piece tile.

Last edited by fiore hellheart; 04-09-2009 at 07:37.

I don't see it. Could the link be bad?

Maybe, Ill re-do it as an attachment.

EDIT: done ^^^

the Infestation tile reminds me of the times I used to combine Space Hulk and Tyranid Attack tiles to make an infested hulk

Ooh! Pretty!

GW should have gone for one more sheet of cardboard and done up the spawns like that.

I just thought of something: How do you indicate that the spawn point is supposed to be a "second wave" spawn point?

(a concept covered in one of the mission briefings)

Chapter Master

Double arrows?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    They don't die! They are just sleeping! And carried away in sleeping bags!

Chapter Master

How about spawnpoints that are closed by a hatch that looks like it's being battered, clawed and shredded from the other side?

Any tilesets for 2nd or even 1st edition space hulk kicking about? The author makes mention of a "Spacehulk tileset" on the his website.

Chaplain

Fantastic work!

I had a quick play around and put a brief (probably flawed) scenario together- can you spot the Aliens influence?

Let me know what you think, hoping to see plenty of other new scenarios from everyone out there.

Goroul

Quote Originally Posted by CRasterImage View Post
    I just thought of something: How do you indicate that the spawn point is supposed to be a "second wave" spawn point?

(a concept covered in one of the mission briefings)
    On the map i simply placed an arrow over it anyway. so the double arrows sorted that out.

@CRasterImage. Is it possible that you can provide me with the hi res image of the disposal chutes? Also how come the background image is so small?

@goroul. Awsome, thanks for using my tile but i think in that mission looks fun. Need to test it though as i think 50 may be too little with those sentry guns.

@snottlebucket. How do you mean. As in the hatch has been battered and opened or battered and not quite opened. either way they are both going to be hard to do but i think i will give them a shot. Wont be great though.
    Last edited by fiore hellheart; 04-09-2009 at 17:03.

Sorry hellheart, I didn't scan the images.
    I assume you are asking so that you can print out custom bits and glue to some cardboard or something.

If your Alien artwork is at a higher res, then you could always upscale the tile and paste the high res alien artwork on top.

Also, if it makes more sense for them to have purple arrowheads (single or double) on them, then maybe the editor's version should have the arrowheads built into them?

I wanted i higher res image so that i could print these as replacements for the elien entry points. I will however take your suggestion and add purple arrows however they will be small arrows in the centre of the chute so that you can still see my detail. Also if i was to get A higher res peice of art then i would completely re-do the niddy stuff on top because i forgot to save it as a PSD. I will re-do my tile then and post modified tiles and files here in a bit.

Also its quite funny going through the scans of the tiles as you can see quite clearly that they must have made a model of all of the floors and photographed them for the tiles. Especially on the fourlong corridor with control panels in it.

I heard two conflicting rumors about how they made (some / all) the board sections.

One story was that they created physical models and painted them and lit them with little bulbs.

The other story was that it was all done in a 3D modeling software package. Or maybe just the lighting was added to the physical models using 3D software.

Either way, the results are beautiful. The little details like blood stains, oil stains, bolter casings, rusted / eroded holes in the floor, a discarded scroll, a cogitator left on, etc...

Commander

Very cool.

Thanks for this.
    Battle reports, painting and more at Meandering the Dune Sea

Veteran Sergeant

Cool program, already working on a mission, any play testers?? I would but I wont be able to until next week sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by CRasterImage View Post
    I heard two conflicting rumors about how they made (some / all) the board sections.

One story was that they created physical models and painted them and lit them with little bulbs.

The other story was that it was all done in a 3D modeling software package. Or maybe just the lighting was added to the physical models using 3D software.

Either way, the results are beautiful. The little details like blood stains, oil stains, bolter casings, rusted / eroded holes in the floor, a discarded scroll, a cogitator left on, etc...
    I believe that they moddeled them for real. but only the floor pieces. then added in extras such as the bolter casings and skulls and bllood ect, with an image editing program such as photoshop.

Veteran Sergeant

Alright so I just finished my mission. Haven't been able to "truly" play test it since I don't have anyone to play with right now. So If anyone plays it, some input would be wonderful. This mission has no name currently.

Edit: Updated a few small things in the pdf (special rules)

Edit 2: Fixed the door positions and added text for the fallen captain.
    Last edited by Guerillaboy; 05-09-2009 at 00:08.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast