Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Captain Brown builds the Flower Class Corvette HMCS CHILLIWACK (What did he say?!)

Re: Captain Brown builds the Flower Class Corvette HMCS CHILLIWACK (What did he say?!

Quote Originally Posted by f2k View Post
    I’ve got good news and I’ve got bad news. And I’ve got a cliché...

The good news is that I’ve finally found a Danish hobby store that claims to have this model in store. And not only that, but also the patrol boats and u-boats made in the same scale.

The bad news is that I’ve suddenly found myself with much more work on my hands than I have time. So this project will have to wait for a while – probably until, at least, the end of April.

Still, I’m tempted to buy the model now, just to have it around for when I finally get some time to look at it.

f2k,

I completely understand the too many projects dilemma. As for the UK distributor who I bought a second kit from I cannot recommend them. First they said they shipped in early September...then they said they did not ship as they were out of stock (this after taking my money at the beginning of September)...then they said they found the kit I bought but they had sent it to another customer in the states who also bought one (in fact they sent both of them there)...so know they are trying to sort out what to do.

I would recommend buying the kit as the producer [Revell] has pulled all their 1:72 naval kits and they are starting to go for really crazy prices on e-Bay (especially the U-Boat models).

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Chapter Master

Re: Captain Brown builds the Flower Class Corvette HMCS CHILLIWACK (What did he say?!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It really sucks when that sort of thing happen. But what can you do...?

Yeah, I might just go ahead and order the box, just to have it on hand when I get the time to work on it. But for now, I’ve got a lot of Germans to paint...

Chapter Master

Uh, uh , uh...!

* Jumps up and down like a kid in a candy-store *

Guess what the nice mailman had for me today... Oh yes, my very own H.M.C.S. Snowberry kit! I couldn't have been happier if he had let me lose in a LEGO shop for five minutes!

One cool thing is that it arrived in the original Revell packing, judging from the logo on the side of the package. And everything was completely sealed - something that the box of my old kit wasn't.

One thing that that I do wonder about, however, is the fact that the content of the box doesn't seem to be quite what I remember from last time. The rigging, for example, is different. As is the chain. Didn't Revell re-cut the set at some point in time? Perhaps, then, my old kit was one of the original kits.

Let me tell you, I've got such an itching in my fingers to start gluing. Better put the kit away for now - I've still got a lot of Germans that needs to be painted before January...

The original issue had much more to offer. Parts and markings and instructions to build three different ships and a very detailed booklet as a modeling resource.

The Corvette turned out gorgeous Capt. brown. Amazing job there brother!
    The 75th Logres Prime Ice Drakes:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96543

Chapter Master
    Now Terra...Soon HOLY...Eastern fringes of Europe

Amazing stuff. Just impressive...
    IG: 2th Company/9th IG Hohenstaufen Regiment.
    "La garde meurt, mais il ne se rend pas"
    "To hell and back...Again"

Brother Sergeant

Sir, I just wanted to say this is amazing! I have the H.M.C.S. Snowberry kit at home. I haven't built it because I was unsure as to which Corvette I wanted to make. That and I want to ensure I do a top job!

If I can achieve half of what you have, I would be very proud of my finished kit.

Amazing looking Kit, you wernt by chance on Ex RimPac?

As this project is nearly three years done I am closing this thread.

Codsticker

The Warseer Moid Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Well I have re-opened my log to repair the broken Photobucket links, another PLOG with loads of images.

The long painting war continues...

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10