Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Fredman's Epic Project

Re: Fredman's Epic Project

I usually hang out at Tactical Command for my Epic fix. There are some good Ork plogs over there:

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/tacc...hp?f=7&t=25290

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/tacc...hp?f=7&t=23911

/Fredmans
    <

<

Kinda wish I didn't get rid of my epic now :-( Sweet looking army dude!
    <

For once, I update while on page 1

So, I put the final touches to what I brought to the tournament.

Another set of blast markers, just a few to get the idea across (small for BMs, large for broken). I just based the old Epic 40.000 blast markers.

Damage markers (bought from an eBay seller)

Couple of Deathstrikes (performed miserably, causing 1DC on a Dominatrix, and blasted to bits before activated the other two games). I picked up some old ones at eBay, since the new ones were so expensive, and a little over the top, to be honest. I kind of like the tractor vibe going on here.

As always, thanks for watching,
    Fredmans
    <

My first shot at Imperial Titans of a homebrewed legion. These are ForgeWorld Warhounds. I wanted to try out matte oranges, and to resist the urge to paint Warp Runners or War Gryphons. I am saving that urge for later, I guess. Fire or Sun something would be an obvious name, so I'll keep wondering for a while. While orange is the main colour, individual titans will use different set of complementary colours (predominantly white, green or black).

For #1, I built a little ruined building, reinforced with some barrels to make a fire post, complete with a little sniper team. #2 uses a weird little fence/bushes I picked up at eBay years ago.

Warhound 1:

Warhound 1:

Warhound 1: Notice the sniper team through the windows (observer and sniper)

Warhound 2:

Warhound 2:

/Fredmans
    Last edited by Fredmans; 06-06-2014 at 12:06.
    <

I LOVE those damage markers!
    Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Space ship design project

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror
    <

Last of all, the painted Fortress of Arrogance. It was a crappy cloudy day today, so I'll make another photo session a bright summer day (I promise, we do have those in Sweden).

Arrogant side

Fresque side (Defence of Hades Hive)

A better view of the pulpit

Sermon delivered

/Fredmans
    <

Amazing job on the Baneblade! And nice Warhounds too, though I'm not too sure on the black as a complimentary colour; it kinda makes that one look unfinished compared to the other one. Maybe go for a grey instead?
    Like slack-jawed never Gnyaarg. Some then folks'll folks'll skunk, some. the but, again yokel eat a Cletus.
    | Project log |
    McMullet's avatar has poorly hands and so few postings will be written and they may be a little terse.
    <

Any insights from this I might bring over to the attempt to paint my 28mm-scale Warhound? ;-)

Scarily good work all around, I really like the black highlights on the baneblade, how did you do those?
    Plog of Jericho - Wood Elves, Daemons, Beastmen, CSM and Whatnot.

MD: You got a christmas gift?
    House: Yeah, 'cause I worship Santa. Or wait, is that Satan? I always get them mixed up.
    <

The Fortress of Arrogance is just excellent. A great conversion, with a top notch paint job.

Makes me want to dig out my Epic models and get painting again!
    <

Thanks for the comments, folks. Summer in Sweden has been excellent, almost too excellent in fact. Back to work, and painting...

Quote Originally Posted by McMullet View Post
    Amazing job on the Baneblade! And nice Warhounds too, though I'm not too sure on the black as a complimentary colour; it kinda makes that one look unfinished compared to the other one. Maybe go for a grey instead?
    I see what you mean. I have two more FW Warhounds and have to ponder how to paint them. Grey sounds good, and complements orange well.

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Any insights from this I might bring over to the attempt to paint my 28mm-scale Warhound? ;-)

Scarily good work all around, I really like the black highlights on the baneblade, how did you do those?
    I have found a black pattern that works for me.
    1. Black
    2. Black Grey (Vallejo Model)
    3. Luftwaffe Uniform (Vallejo Model)
    (4. Wolf Grey (Vallejo Game))

In Step 2, I try to highlight areas, whereas 3 and (4) is for edges, adressed in a somewhat realistic manner. I bet every manufacturer has equal colours, but I keep the black in shades of added blue. The last stage is only used when I want a detail to pop, or more contrast is needed.

My Guards and Tyranids are largely finished, with some small projects remaining, but I wanted to start the core of a third army, so I give you some teaser shots of my desk.

Khorne Cultists #1

Khorne Cultists #2

Chaos Hounds (Flesh Hounds depending on army list) and part of a Renegade Fire Support team

Those with acute eyesight might be able to discern satyrs, halberds, head swaps and weapon swaps.

The models are a mixture of now OOP Chaos plastics and Dark Realm 6mm Humans.
    http://www.darkrealmminiatures.co.uk...home.php?cat=2

Chaos Marines (Sanctified) are sprinkled throughout the rebels, to portray a malign force plotting and orchestrating the rebellion. I now work on two covens' worth of mutants (satyrs, centigors and various mutations on the beastman theme) and a more regular traitor company. Then I'll base the lot.

Thanks for watching, and your kind words,
    Fredmans
    <

Excellent cultists. Is that servitor-type model at the right of the last picture a Dark World model? He really fits in here well.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by van helser View Post
    Excellent cultists. Is that servitor-type model at the right of the last picture a Dark World model? He really fits in here well.
    Thank you. I think the mix makes them suitably chaotic. It is part of the Reg Hq pack.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drm reg hqproduct_image.php.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	198959

/Fredmans
    <

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7