Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the Oldest Non-Dreadnought Space Marine?

Who is the Oldest Non-Dreadnought Space Marine?

Just wondering who the oldest non-dreadnought, non-Primarch space marine is?

Banned
    in the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

Re: Who is the Oldest Non-Dreadnought Space Marine?

dante but not by much. i think logan is almost at old.

Dante is considerably older than Logan Grimnar--1100 years vs. 700 years, meaning a 400 year difference. Dante is also not the oldest living Blood Angel; that goes to Cleutin, who was Dante's sergeant when he was a scout. For that matter, Logan Grimnar isn't the oldest living Space Wolf either, Ulrik the Slayer is older.

With your Sister, Man, doing something you wouldn't like.

Veteran Sgt Cleutin of the Blood Angels, the Bearer of the Shroud of Sanguinius.
    He was the Sgt in charge of Dante's Scout squad.

Curses, ninja'd!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakanis View Post
    Listen to the Marv. He is wise and full of badgery knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meriwether View Post
    What Marv said
    Badgers Ahoy! A Dystopian Wars Plog

The problem with Cleutin is that until fairly recently, Blood Angels scouts weren't neophytes, and so it would have been possible for the sergeant of a scout squad to be older than the scouts themselves.

Unless of course Cleutin is specifically mentioned as being older than Dante (like Cassius and Calgar); I forget...?
    Last edited by Lord Damocles; 20-09-2009 at 22:30.

Luther...
    Created in M30.
    In stasis since +/- 015.M31, but since he's technically still alive, that'd make him the oldest not-in-the-warp marine.

Also, C:AoD specifically states that "Cleutin was the Sergeant in charge of Commander Dante's Scout squad when Dante joined the Chapter."
    The same codex also states that space marines initiates first become scouts and only after some experience as scouts that they move on to full space marines.
    Last edited by Onisuzume; 20-09-2009 at 22:46.
    My self within the dark. No... The darkness within me.
    Fātum est aeternum. Tōta animī lacrimae pro salūs. Ibi est haud salūs sine dolor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Damocles View Post
    The problem with Cleutin is that until fairly recently, Blood Angels scouts weren't neophytes, and so it would have been possible for the sergeant of a scout squad to be older than the scouts themselves.
    ??? In the 2nd Edition AOD codex, BA scouts were neophytes just like the scouts of most other chapters. I don't think either of the subsequent BA codices (the 3rd Ed. minidex or the current WD-article-dex) has contradicted this. What's your source?

Chapter Master

The 3rd edition minidex included a line about Blood Angel scouts being the most fiery individuals in the chapter, which the majority of Blood Angel players interpreted to mean that they aren't neophytes. Personally I always regarded it as a throwaway line to make the unit sound cool, like the line in the Blood Angels IA article about the special practices of the Blood Angels assault reserve company which were in fact 100% codex.

The 3rd ed. Codex: Blood Angels had scouts as being, 'chosen from firey individuals within the chapter' (pg.3).

Or was 3rd ed. a retcon which has subsequently been retconned?

Agh! I can't keep up any more!?!
    Last edited by Lord Damocles; 20-09-2009 at 22:51. Reason: Wrong page no.

Oh, hmm.. well I guess one of the more recent codices DOES contradict Angels of Death. I stand corrected. I prefer the AOD fluff where they are the same as other chapter's scouts, though.

To be fair, the current list has them as newbies, as does Swallow's car crash of a series.

Although I'm not particularly inclined to take either of those as great sources of background...

Acording to the darkangels codex the scout sargent of the deathwing to origianly start daubing their armour bone white is still kicking around telling the story to new initiates, I gues that makes him pretty old
    "every year spring has sprung, but why oh why has it never tangled and broken like a well used slinky?"

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    its in the very rare edition of the bible, along with the line "Its Hammertime" as he gets off the cross and smites Romans...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Damocles View Post
    Although I'm not particularly inclined to take either of those as great sources of background...
    Agreed... I'll stick with AOD as the most authoritative source of BA info, personally.

Age means little over all in the 40K. Asmodai is really freaking old (In the since that he was alive in like...M.37 or M.38, something like that) But he's supposed to still be alive in the M.41. The reason? Warp travel is a bitch.
    We are the guardians of His realm, and the bearer of His wrath. We will fight for His people, and die for His realm. Beyond this place of wrath and tears, from now to the end of days we shall remain. The menace of the traitor and the xenos shall find us, unafraid. For we are the Angels Invictus, the unconquerable souls.

-Thorian Castiel, Grand Master of the Angels Invictus Space Marine Chapter
    Oh snap! Warning level 15!

Almost every origional Chaos Marine is more than 10k years old (technically).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyfrej View Post
    Almost every origional Chaos Marine is more than 10k years old (technically).

The members of the Legions are. And some others are probably more than a thousand years older or more. But like I said...the warp makes things...funky.
    We are the guardians of His realm, and the bearer of His wrath. We will fight for His people, and die for His realm. Beyond this place of wrath and tears, from now to the end of days we shall remain. The menace of the traitor and the xenos shall find us, unafraid. For we are the Angels Invictus, the unconquerable souls.

-Thorian Castiel, Grand Master of the Angels Invictus Space Marine Chapter
    Oh snap! Warning level 15!

Constantin Valdor. He was given the title of Chief Custodian at the start of the Great Crusade and now watches over the Emperor (for all we know). He would also have to have served a lot longer to get that title. There are 933 titles in total for a Adeptus Custodes and Valdor has all of them. So 10,000+ years. Although not technically a Space Marine, the Adeptus Custodes were a sort of "prototype" in creating Space Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Warsurge View Post
    Constantin Valdor. He was given the title of Chief Custodian at the start of the Great Crusade and now watches over the Emperor (for all we know).
    What you're saying is that Constantin Valdor is mentioned in HH-era fluff, but has not appeared or been mentioned in anything set less than 10,000 years ago... so you're presuming he is still alive?

Considering that even the Primarchs were not immortal and could die of old age, with the fluff stating that the last of them died 1,400 years after the Horus Heresy, I think it's unlikely that a Custodes member has survived an additional 8,600 years to reach the age of 10,000.

Well it implies that he could still be there. Something along the lines of: after the heresy he went back to the position in the throne room to guard the Emperor. Of course you wouldn't know if he was dead or not because no one goes in and no one goes out. They have not named another Chief Custodian to take his spot so it seems like he is still alive.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast