Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: StraightSilver's Macragge PDF (pics soon)

Re: StraightSilver's Macragge PDF (pics soon)

Very nice StraightSilver.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Hi everybody,

Small update from me, as ever bad photos though...

Considering starting a new plog as I have lost all of my photobucket links, not sure how everybody else is resolving that one?

Anyway I have managed to find a bit of time to get some painting done. Not much, just a WIP of the Primaris Lieutenant from the starter set. Need to get some photos in daylight as the face is looking a lot darker than in IRL.

Last edited by StraightSilver; 07-07-2017 at 08:37.

I am moving my images to Imgur, starting with my Elysian PLOG...it is taking a long time, but like you I have no intention of paying the $400 a year for them to host my war gaming images.

Nice work on the figures I can see.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG

The Marine looks great! Really like the lighter blue you've used.

Cheers guys, I have deleted my photobucket account and moved all my images to Imgur as well. Gonna start new plogs at some point and move all the images there.

And cheers The Pounder, it's the same blue I have been using on all of my other Ultras but looks lighter on the Primaris - I guess because they're bigger. Because I started my Ultras about 8 years ago I am using Altdorf Guard Blue rather than Macragge Blue for my base colour as it's actually a match for the old Citadel Ultramarines Blue, and I'm not really a fan of the newer darker scheme.

Ok so apart from the base the Primaris Lieutenant is done. Took way longer than I was expecting (so used to painting "normal" marines and these are pretty different) but overall happy with it, hopefully be able to get them done a bit quicker now.

As always my photos are awful though! The blue is actually nowhere near that bright / light IRL.

Very crisp work there StraightSilver.

Cheers,

CB

Cheers CB, I painted up their heads last night but then realised I can't remember which one goes on which body.... I thought they were all the same but they each have a different tab I didn't notice and will only fit certain bodies.

Not that it's an issue - gonna just cut the tab off and glue them on but it confused me for a bit last night, lol.

Will post pics later.

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

That bare face is ridiculously good.

Thanks Inquisitor Engel - I love that model, possibly one of the best face GW have sculpted so glad it turned out well, has a lot of detail on it.

I have a tiny bit more progress. Heads aren't attached properly yet, just wanted to get a sense of what they looked like. I have also started a painting challenge on another forum - paint 100Pl army in 6 months. I have decided to do 100Pl Ultramarines Primaris for this to encourage me to paint more. First month's pledge is a Gravis captain and 10 x Intercessors so these have had base coats and first shading completed.

how to upload photo to internet

Looking ace, Mate
    / SDKFZ

Cheers.

Some very early WIP on the next 2 units of Intercessors and the Gravis Captain.

Everything's looking a bit messy at the moment, need to tidy up my base coats and get rid of some of the lumps and bumps. I have done more painting this month than in the whole of 2017 though so at least I'm getting stuff done.

Last night was spent doing the checks on the 2 Sergeant's knee pads. Did not enjoy these at all and silly mistakes meant i had to redo them both several times - hence the lumps. Hopefully can tidy these up tonight and a coat of gloss varnish should smooth them out a bit.

This is the stage I hate - lots of work but not much to show for it - this evening though I can start highlighting which is when everything starts to come together.

That is the spirit StraightSilver.

Fight the war against the unpainted.

Cheers,

CB

Yeah Photo Bucket really screwed everyone over BUT you are still able to download your pictures from your photobucket albums back to your computer

What I did then was Create the New Album in Google Photos
    Then ADDed Photos to album... on the top right when you do that you have the option to "Add Photos" then after you click that then again in the top right is the option "Select from computer" you choose that to upload any pics you have on your computer ( ex I downloaded all my old Photo Bucket Albums from PB and I made the albums on Google Photos and I uploaded the pics from the downloaded PB albums <after I unzipped them of course>).
    Then to embed individual pics in your Warseer Plog just open the photo in your Google Photos album and then right click on the photo and select "Copy Image Address"
    Then in your Warseer Post Select "Insert Image"
    Then in the Insert Image window Click on the "From URL" Tab and paste the link in the URL box and make sure you UNCHECK "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
    Then click on OK and Post your reply then smile as your pic is now in your post

Alternately in your situation you could also just share the Google Photos album and provide a link in the beginning of this plog to it so people could see the old pics.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12