Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Scumdogs of the Universe

Re: Scumdogs of the Universe

He rolled his eyes and stood stretching he holstered his weapons as a runner came adn found his attention. Taking the message from the runner he scowled at the letters before torching it with his pocket lighter.

"Damn. Well it has been fun watching your ego swell ... but I got a patrol to do."

He grabbed his gear and 'acquired' one of the longer grey bodycoats from the cogboys ... it would help him to blend into the urban devastation everywhere better than his standard fatigues ... setting off into the darkness he saluted Elizabeth and was out of sight, his autogun locked and loaded, testing his vox a few times before his form faded from view.

An hour or 2 later ...

He crept down the halls of the tunnels not noticing anything out of the ordinary ... wait ... was that a noise he heard.? Slowly creeping towards the sound he had to doa double take noticing some ... Grots ... of all things down here he hadn't expected Grots ... Opening his vox he began issuing his report but before he had finished a warcray of 'WAAAAAAAAAGH!' echoed down the hallway and the ambush began in earnest... he opened fire trying to safely make his way back towards camp ...

Over the Vox...

"Mack to base, Mack to base! Orks Incoming pl.... +click+"

The Vox went cold...
    Current Project(s): Necrons and The Empire

clinging desperately to Ciaphas Cain's coat tail as he flees in terror

Elizabeth snorted and rolled her eyes as Mack left.
    You sunk my scrabble ship!
    :cries:

Charon:

I'm still sitting in recovery when my vox crackles into life, sounding like it's right inside my head. It probably is, now. Mack's on patrol and run into trouble.

I stagger to my feet and head to the armoury. Brushing aside a protesting cogboy I grab my kit, check my rifle, and head out into the underhive, a long grey cloak draped over my shoulders my only attempt at camouflage. With a head like this, I'm gonna be a beacon, so I draw the hood up.

As I step into the gloom, I hear a faint whine and my vision jumps into crisp resolution, my new eyes picking out the shadows and rubble in perfect detail. I hear gunfire, and as I concentrate on it, the sounds are amplified enough that I can detect where it's coming from. I head towards a warren of tunnels, and soon I can see sporadic flashes of muzzle flare.

I duck inside what I assume is a gloomy tunnel, but I can see perfectly. The heat signatures of the Orks and their weapons stands out against the green, and I can see a human figure pinned down behind some rubble.

"Mack!" I yell, my voice disorted and fuzzy like a cogboy's, "Pull back!"

I prime a frag grenade, and toss it over Mack's head as he scrambles back towards me. The flash momentarily blinds me, but through the smoke I can see the ruined bodies of a couple of little creatures. The Orks don't seem to have been slowed, however. Mack makes it back to me, and we both pull out of the tunnels. He tells me his vox is dead, so I radio back to the base, calling for reinforcements.

As we scramble away from the tunnel entrance, I catch something move out of the corner of my eye. A small explosion, a hiss, and I see a rocket curling towards us, leaving a corkscrewing contrail of smoke. Mack grabs me and pulls me behind a huge, half-rusted girder, and I hit the deck hard.

There's a bigger explosion as the rocket impacts, and I black out...
    I want to live
    I want to love
    But it's a long, hard road
    Out of Hell

Following Hoots into battle in an autocannon equipped sentinal walker

Grit coldly asurveyed the two ruined gangers. For an hour, Altan had tourtured them. The result was the truth as fully as these two zeros knew it.
    Orks had been seen. Gangs clashed with them. But no-one had colaberated with the xenos. Yet, anyway. The Von Strabb case was a textbook example of that brand of heresy. "For the crimes of obstructing Imperial justice, failure
    to comply with Imperial soldiers, and opening fire on an officer of the Commisariat, you are guilty. The sentence is death by bolt pistol.
    "Altan, Betsy, carry out the execution. " Altan eagerly took the pistol and splattered the ganger's brains all over the room. Betsy timidly picked up the weapon and reluctantly fired. For a moment her composure wavered.
    She kept it though. The vox crackled with Mack's message. "Keep them from fleeing! Backup is enroute now! No retreat, Mack! Not one step!" He replied,
    grabbing his own pistol and donning his powerfist. "You two with me! Let's go!"
    He ordered, storming out of the room at a great pace.

Grit
    Pain always brings out the truth. These scum have no stomachs. I coldly observe as Altan gleefuly mutilates them. Bethany is disgusted, I can tell, but controls herself well. Scum she may be, but she's entitles to that much.
    A person her age should be in the Schola learning to be a storm trooper, not dismantling a man alive. I take note of her lack of protest in executing the prisoner. I find this pleasing. For a breif moment I compare her with Altan.
    Diferent as they are, they are also the same. My once best prospect, and the carrier of that torch. She might even stay out of trouble where Altan failed. Reports come in of an attack. They know the drill. I lead the two of them out to find the orks.

Trooper Bethany
    I'm so sick and scared, after an hour of doing all kinds of stuff that'd make a crime boss wet himself. Those two poor goons are still alive. Not forl ong.
    Grit has what he needs, and orders us to kill em. Altan is so happy I'm surprised he can wait. I just wish I was home, and do as I'm told.
    I never shot anyboy in cold blood before. I feel numb when I do.
    Then the vox blares. Grit yells back, and then says 'Follow me'. So I do.
    I brad my grenades and run after him. He says it's orks. I'll get em allright. That's my job. That's all I can do til I die, or live and get pardoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat
    McGuyver could make a meltagun out of that. a meltagun with a coaxial plasma rifle.
    All hail St.Olanius Pius. RHUF!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaneshi Slave
    Are you saying you don't worship Him?
    I think my Adepta Sororitas will be paying you a visit soon.

GM: There are light ork infiltrators assaulting the Admech facility as a front to distract you from them attacking a much more critical target. Grit has been PMed the details. I am going on a camping trip and will not be back until monday, TG you have the helm.
    You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be
    Oh so many way for me to show you how your Savior has abandoned you
    **** your Lord, your Christ, he did this, took all you had and left you this way
    Still you pray, never stray, never Taste of the Fruit, never thought to question "Why?"

A Perfect Circle - Judith

Following Hoots into battle in an autocannon equipped sentinal walker

OOC//It's in good hands boss.*salute*

IC//
    "Squads alpha, beta, gamma and foxtrot converge on me now andm oveo ut to dea with the orks! Let's go!" Grit shouted into the vox. He set off at a jog for the ambush site, Betsy scurrying to keep up.

Temporary GM: We are to hit the orks attacking Mack's group. Mack, you have some cannon fodder to play with. Use it. Everyone else, come up behind the orks and surprise them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat
    McGuyver could make a meltagun out of that. a meltagun with a coaxial plasma rifle.
    All hail St.Olanius Pius. RHUF!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaneshi Slave
    Are you saying you don't worship Him?
    I think my Adepta Sororitas will be paying you a visit soon.

The call goes out. Orks. I'm up and running before the other members, sprinting over rubble. It's good to be mobile again. Thank the Omnissiah. My new leg works like a charm, but there's some residual pain in my other leg. I shrug it off, clutching the drill to my chest. I hear an explosion somewhere nearby, a tunnel from the looks of it. I see two men, Mack I recognize. The other one... he's different. Something wrong with his face, I can't tell from this angle. Down the tunnel there are Orks moving up. They don't look heavily equipped, and there are smaller, runtier Orks mixed in with the larger ones. They're coming now, small arms shooting random shots. I duck to the side of the tunnel, holding position as they advance.
    Other members of the squad are starting to pull up, some take cover with Mack behind a girder, others crouch down and start firing. The first Ork breaks free of the tunnel. I punch him in the face with my drill and imagine it spinning. It works like a charm, thank the Omnissiah. Again. The drill spins and burrows into the thick xenos skull, whips of green ichor fly out as well as his brain. In bits and pieces it sprays the ground, the thick Ork skin twists unnaturally under the drill, leaving a broken mockery of a face behind. This is going to be fun. I already feel some glee, and it seems like a voice is speaking. I can't hear the words. I whisper to myself, not even loud enough to be heard over the autogun fire.

"Let's make angel proud."

John wished he had never committed that vandalism aged 16, it had landed him in the penal legion after all.

No one had moved in over a decade.

John felt his sphincter begin to feel pressure as it had so many times before. This time however, he couldn't hold it. The maw gaped wide like the eye of terror and he deposited a hot, meaty mass onto the battlefield floor.

Now to do up his webbing and get back in the fight!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11