Page 2 of 147 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Forces of Warmachine: Books and New Models

Commander

Re: Forces of Warmachine book thread

im not sure why they couldnt be included in the mercenary book. 'mercenary' and 'minion' are only really game terms for who can hire what sellsword and with many minions and a growing number of mercs crossing over to work for the other game.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGPaul View Post
    Yes. So? That's not really relevant to there being a "Forces of Hordes: Minions" book. It just wouldn't be a very thick one.
    It would sort of be a misnomer seeing as the Minions aren't a force in and of themselves, thus defeating the purpose of having "Forces of...." books. Honesty I don't see how it's a good idea to have a book that's pretty much just add-on units, it'll only serve to limit their exposure (especially to new players) so I think the only good place for them would be in the Primal book. They may get an unnecessarily large section but seeing as they are pretty much regulated to being used with all of the other factions I don't see where else they can be better put. It'll probably be better for sales as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius_Baltar View Post
    the Orange again has a pretty good idea.

The thing with that is several of the Minions work with Warmachine factions as well as Hordes. Given the choice I'll take the 15 faction book rather than a 30 rulebook I don't need just to get the stats for some of my models.

The thing with that is several of the Minions work with Warmachine factions as well as Hordes. Given the choice I'll take the 15 faction book rather than a 30 rulebook I don't need just to get the stats for some of my models.
    Technically, the books are moot for that purpose, anyway - just pick up the faction deck. You'll likely have to do this anyway to update your cards.
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*

The thing with that is several of the Minions work with Warmachine factions as well as Hordes.
    Were there really that many? I thought there were only a handful maybe, and mostly (if not all) from the Meta book.

Quote Originally Posted by loveless View Post
    Technically, the books are moot for that purpose, anyway - just pick up the faction deck. You'll likely have to do this anyway to update your cards.
    But then I won't know anything about the "missing " minions other than their stats. What a boring way to build an army.

But then I won't know anything about the "missing " minions other than their stats. What a boring way to build an army.
    First you say you just want the stats, now you say you want the background on them. Had you said that in the first place, I wouldn't have advocated just getting the deck
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*

OK, I was unclear. What I meant to say originally was I don't want to buy a whole rulebook just to get the information on some of my models - fluff, rules, etc.

OK, I was unclear. What I meant to say originally was I don't want to buy a whole rulebook just to get the information on some of my models - fluff, rules, etc.
    Yup, I figured that out

They probably will release them in a separate supplement, the more I think about it. Ah well, time will tell.

Well we won't know until we know. But from what I can tell if PP did put them in the rulebook it probably wont be that bad because they usually keep the price of the initial rulebooks down.

New unit for Cygnar, to be in their Forces book:

Trencher Commandos

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine...cher-commandos

10-man box, no price as of yet, but $45-50 is probably a good guess.

Larger picture and 360 at privateer's site, as usual.

I like these guys. Silencers? Potatoe masher grenades. stealth? Siege is going to love this.
    If I'm wrong Im sure someone will correct me. Hell, even if Im right someone will correct me.
    There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Jon 'Brimstone' Wilson... We will remember.

Pretty awesome looking... Silenced revolver-carbines aren't exactly the most practical things ever, but Cygnar does have some pretty high manufacturing standards, so they might actually be able to machine a tight enough seal at the cylinder to have the silencer actually be worth something.
    All things wash away, but blood stained the sun red today. -- Metallica, "Ronnie"

My Blood Angels, Grey Knights, and Dark Eldar.

New WHFB project. And new 40k project.

It's only a guess that those are suppressors, but I wouldn't get to picky about the reality of silencing a revolver. I don't think the sculptor would take something like that into account when trying to make a cool looking mini.
    If I'm wrong Im sure someone will correct me. Hell, even if Im right someone will correct me.
    There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Jon 'Brimstone' Wilson... We will remember.

maybe they get stealth.

Oh and i really like the look of the khador caster with the minigun.

Re: Forces of Warmachine book thread - UPDATED 12 Nov

Quote Originally Posted by loveless View Post
    Lame title, yes, but I couldn't think of anything exciting.

As a reminder, the order is as follows:
    Cygnar
    Khador
    Protectorate of Menoth
    Cryx
    Mercenaries

And for Hordes:
    Skorne
    Trollbloods
    Legion of Everblight
    Circle Orboros

First, of course, is Cygnar.

are there dates of their release? I saw Cygnar being posted on the PP site but it doesn't say if the book is already out nor is there a date saying when.

Ideas?

Re: Forces of Warmachine book thread - UPDATED 12 Nov

Quote Originally Posted by kipoyph View Post
    are there dates of their release? I saw Cygnar being posted on the PP site but it doesn't say if the book is already out nor is there a date saying when.

Ideas?
    Cygnar comes out in February (per TGN).
    Khador in March (per Strakhov's release date).
    Protectorate in April.
    Cryx in May.
    Mercenaries in June.

I'm not sure how Hordes breaks down as their field test hasn't started yet, but I'd imagine...

Primal Mk. II in July
    Skorne in August
    Trollbloods in September
    Legion in October
    Circle in November

I'll update the first post.

Privateer decided that they needed to release more goodies. I agreed.

Winterguard Rifle Corps

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine...rd-rifle-corps

A number of Winter Guard conscripts have recently trained to use of rifles as part of the ongoing modernization of the Khadoran army. Those selected to join the Rifle Corps receive advanced training with their Blaustavya military rifles. When ordered by their sergeant, a Rifle Corps squad can produce such a tremendous volume of fire in a general area as to make it virtually impassable to enemy troops.

A good assumption is that they'll be in the Khador book

They may get a preview in a future NQ or Privateer Newsletter, however, so watch those sources.

$49.99
    10 model box

My god, loveless, what would this Forum do without you?!

Those winterguard are nice on their own, but compared to the regular WG they are superb works of art
    More seriously, they are quite nice, and it's nice to see PP revisiting old mainstays. Both for the sake of new models to paint, but also because it grants more flexibility to themed lists and casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
    My god, loveless, what would this Forum do without you?!
    Lurk on Privateer's forums like I do? Okay, I post, too, but they're not as much fun as here.

Those winterguard are nice on their own, but compared to the regular WG they are superb works of art
    More seriously, they are quite nice, and it's nice to see PP revisiting old mainstays. Both for the sake of new models to paint, but also because it grants more flexibility to themed lists and casters.
    I've heard them described as being very generic - a sort of quality "everyman" sculpt that's perfectly fitting for the Khadoran Winterguard. Forward Kommander Kratikoff will be pleased.

Page 2 of 147 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast