Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Host of the Feathered Serpent - Lizzie Blog + Other bits i fancy doing...

Re: The Host of the Feathered Serpent - Lizzie Blog + Other bits i fancy doing...

Thanks for the comments guys! =D Im really really sorry about the pictures, i know they are diabolical, but they are gonna haveto do for now untill i have occasion to unpack everything again... so...so much toilet roll :|

martjin - Hahaha, well, i *suppose* i could give you an unpainted pic of the Carnie

Jormi_Boced - Yeah man, those are my count as Razordons...i dont have any painted pics, but here they are unpainted...

Goat of Yuggoth - Im not too sure where i got my ideas from, the ways of the Old Ones are mysterious indeed My army-wide theme is a Host of the Old One Tepok, symbolised by the Coatl, a feathered serpent (hence the name...gettit? ;]) so i thought using lots of feathers would be cool...thus allowing me to use alot of bright colours and such, and the ideas just came on from there!

SonofBaharlu - I dont mind, as long as you post them up on here and say 'Warplock gave me these ideas, oh yay he is all knowing, and oh yay may he be thanked for this inspiration.', Oh, and you must sacrifice a white rooster at dawn. Then i will be appeased =P

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys! =D Im really really sorry about the pictures, i know they are diabolical, but they are gonna haveto do for now untill i have occasion to unpack everything again... so...so much toilet roll :|

Anyway, what im working on now is a full-sculpted Slann and his palanquin...nothing really picture-worthy yet, but stay tuned for updates :]

- Warpy
    <

Re: The Host of the Feathered Serpent - Lizzie Blog + Other bits i fancy doing...

Ah Ok I remember seeing some of these over at TVP,
    But you have done a lot of converting since then,
    I realy like how the whole army has a cohesive theme.

Ps. What prehistoric creature are your Razordons proxies based on ?
    <

N810: Yeahh, that was quite a while ago! i havnt posted on there in yonks!

And they are just based on these little critters...

I christen them my Death Kiwis :P

- Warpy
    <

Banned

Wow, Kiwi's. Those are awesome models. Did you buy these or sratch build them?
    <

Very rarely does an army combine great sculpting, theming and painting so well! Really glad I ventured into the fantasy logs and found this, hope to see more soon.
    <

Ive been "spying" this thread in the Glass cabinet, in the WH forum..
    now that you post it in a forum in which Im registered, I can say AMAZING...

The concept is original and nice, the conversions awesome as well your painting..
    so looking forward to see more!!
    <

Chapter Master

By the old ones this is one of the most greatest ever lizarmen blog ever.
    <

Incredible. Simply incredible. So many amazing conversions, and you certainly have the painting technique to back them up.
    My Talabecland project log:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280554
    My Warriors of Chaos, Wood Elves, and Vampire Counts Project Log:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175187
    <

I think i'm in love..

the purple looks amazing!
    <

I missed the headline

But yeah, Tepok is a god favored by many (although I didn't use his spawning too much when we had sacred spawnings).

And those kiwi's of death are magnificent! I always disliked those Razordons, I'd be more happy playing against these!
    If you liked my comment, please return the favor and comment on something I've made!
    How about checking out this random cavalcade?

I'm crazy and I'm Finnish. Don't blame me, it's the polar bears!
    <

Goat of Yuggoth - Well, i think its just because his imagry is so alike to the orginal Aztec/Mayan stuff, with the god Quetzacoatl or whatever his name was, and great minds think alike Hahaha!

SonofBaharlu - Nope, they are ALL sculped by me, i used pebbles i picked up from a trip to the beach as a base to build upon! It give them weight, plus it saves ALOT of time and putty =P

Anyway, i have an update... *waggles eyebrows*...

One of the greatest criticism of my list at the Maul was the fact i had taken Temple Guard without a Slann (infact, the sole reason i took them was to use up point that i hadnt got in model form... :/), and the other greatest criticism was the fact i hadnt had a Slann at all... so i thought that would be my next project, to construct a Slann worthy to lead my Host, and here he is so far! =)

The thing on his face is going to become an elaborate, golden, and of course feathered mask, to tie him in with the theme of the army. The palanquin itself is HUGE, just a bit wider than a 50 x 50 base, so its going to be a real challenge to get it to fit in the unit :/ But i plan to have it blinged out to the MAX, with a hookah, a bowl of Itxi Grubs, and other Jabba The Hut-esque gubbins

So what do you think guys?

- Warpy
    <

That is a bad ass Slann. I love it so far!
    <

(Nearly falls down in shock at the sheer quality of those models.)

You sir, are an inspiration to Lizardmen players everywhere. I can't decide what I like more-- your converted engine, greenstuff-made Slann, or your Death Kiwis.
    <

amazing.... the palanquin lloks really nice as well the slann, want to see this mask.... can be amazing
    <

Wonderful work here, man !
    I'll keep an eye on this thread to see more of your minis !
    My blog of commission work and personal armies => http://studiocaillou.blogspot.fr/
    <

I don't really like the steg piece on top of the banner ( it makes it too high IMO )

Also it will take focus away from that incredible looking Slann. It will also take focus away from whatever decked out options your thinking of for the palanquin as well. That's just my opinion but I would take it out.

Just wanted to say I really love your whole army. That coatlsaur and EOTG are amazing. I also really like your temple guard and the kiwi razordons and basically everything else from the priest caddy to the flying skink to the salamander and the bases are all well done.

Brilliant theme, sculpting and painted excuted about as pefectly as can be done. Very awe inspiring and Im sure it's even more of a sight to behold on the table top in person.

I can't really say Im a fan of the blue color for LM ( I actually like skinks blue but not saurus for some reason ) but that's a moot point and only a matter of taste.

Also just wanted to say that diorama was incredible but kind of a waste of models in a way....Only In the sence that most would kill to have an Oldblood/Scarvet and Nurgle Herald that unique and cool looking.

Looking forward to more.

Cheers
    <

Wow! This gets a gold star from me for being one of the nicest armies on warseer yet. Brilliant painting and sculpting. And you're only 16?!?
    <

I like the stegadon bit at the top, but I can see your point. Personally I would keep it.
    <

Incredible work. What sort of putty are you using there, and why? Cheaper than green stuff? Different qualities?

The Kiwis are my favorite so far. They really got my brain cooking. If I had your talent I would make something similar for some Tzeentch knights to ride in the service of chaos! Have you considered casting any of your creations?
    My Talabecland project log:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280554
    My Warriors of Chaos, Wood Elves, and Vampire Counts Project Log:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175187
    <

Awsome, I love em.

Keep up the great work
    High Elves W:9 D:2 L:3
    <

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast