Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: The Host of the Feathered Serpent - Lizzie Blog + Other bits i fancy doing...

Re: The Host of the Feathered Serpent - Lizzie Blog + Other bits i fancy doing...

Great use of the Stegadon extra headset! I am planning to do the SC Skink 'slann' with two of those as the palanquin. I'm ponering wether I should tackle with a lizard or VC blog, and I'm not too keen on intergrating both as the same thread..

Love the Slann!
    If you liked my comment, please return the favor and comment on something I've made!
    How about checking out this random cavalcade?

I'm crazy and I'm Finnish. Don't blame me, it's the polar bears!
    <

Re: The Host of the Feathered Serpent - Lizzie Blog + Other bits i fancy doing...

Amazing! You have done great conversions, with the Stegadon and Carnosaur. Your stuff-skills are really good.
    <

WOW! I am really jealousy of how you have sculpted all your creatures. I have to try some of these for myself. I can't wait to see what you sculpt next.
    The Man's Prayer
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

I'm currently taking painting commissions and drawing commission at the moment.

My worklog: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175350
    <

Thanks for all the fantastic comments! =D

Mr Chair: The brown stuff i use is Terracotta Miliput, its quite a bit cheaper than GS, but it is of a different consistency. Whereas GS is quite sticky, and when dry is bendy like plastic, Miliput is very much like clay, you can smooth it with water, and it dries very hard, and afterwards can be filed and suchlike. I really like it personally, its very easy to get smooth joinings and hard edges, and the cost reduction is as always a plus point ;]

And iv considered casting up my stuff before, but with everything going on at the moment, i really cant be doing with all the hassle...besides, i like the uniqueness of my stuff, there isnt another in the world like 'em! :P

pointyteeth: Yup, i turn 17 at the end of February, im only a wee beardling =P

Ok guys, a small update, nothing to get TOO excited about, just that i have done more on the Slann:

- Warpy
    <

Awesome! I can't wait to see this model completed.
    <

I want his chair... and his waterpipe!
    <

you're right, nothing to get too excited about at all

Bar none, that is the most badass slann ever. Great work!
    <

Love the hookah! If he was a bit fatter you'd have a jabba the hutt on your hands! All your work looks amazing by the way. Look forward to seeing more
    <

It may be nothing to get excited over but i'm gonna anyway. Looks very cool man. Will you be adding more gold to him?

And once again you make me want to start converting dinosaurs. I will be PMing you for help some time in the next few months for help and ideas OK?
    The Man's Prayer

<

you are 17? OMFG!... well thats good news, you have plenty of time to make things like that to amaze us...

looking forward more advances
    <

the snake n the "carnie" look brilliantly painted
    <

this is easily the coolest looking lizardmen army i've ever seen.

keep it up!!
    <

I really like everything I've seen in this log so far. Also, the Slann kind of reminds me of Ziro the Hutt from the Clone Wars movie.

Khrangar
    Assault Marine Brother Antinor of Assault Squad Yerpovius

Pre Heresy Iron Warrors: Golg's 11th Grand Company
    The Emperor's Word Part 2
    <

A m a z i n g ....
    "Cursed be he who moves my body. To him shall come fire, water and pestilence." Tomb Inscription of Senuknet the Eternal
    My Necrons:http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322236
    My High Elves:http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108870
    My Napoleonics: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295917
    <

Quick-quick. The counsil want the feathered ones dead-dead! Dispatch the eshin to poison their eggs!

Really sweet stuff, the "coatlsaur" is really impressive and I'm looking forward to see the completion of that slann
    <

Your scultping as well as your converversions are inspiring. This plog alsomts makes me want to start my own lizzies! Your carnosaur is breathtaking. I love the color scheme on your amy. The variety of colors is awesome on the feathers. Top notch painting here! Your Slann is coming along great as well. Did you use brown stuff on him? How do you like it compared to green stuff? *SUBSCRIBE*
    -POW

"These xenos think they can prey upon mankind like sheep, I intend on showing them the error of their ways" - Bulveye Wolf Lord of the 13th Great Company
    "Though the storm rages and the foe gathers about us, we are unmoved. Let them come: we are the warriors of the First Legion, and we have never known defeat!" - Brother-Redemptor Nemiel
    <

Dino - Yeah man, PM me any time to need some ideas or constructive advice...if i feel generous, i wont charge you ;] Hahaha jk jk...or am i? =P

Khrangar: THANKYOU! You have just given me the much needed colour scheme ;]

npow34: Cheers man! And i really DO like milliput, its very easy to get smooth edges and blending, it dries rock hard, it dires alot quicker, and its relatively cheap as chips! Whats not to love?

Well guys, another wee update... truly sorry about the awful, awful photos, its hard to take good ones now its getting dark so early D:

- Warpy
    <

Looking very good. I definetly see were you are going with some of it.

As to the awful pics, have you ever tried a light box with a desk lamp or two? I do that with mine and I never have to worry about the time of day.
    The Man's Prayer

<

Wow, your army looks amazing. Just shows, that when you pick a theme and stick to it, the end result is an amazing looking army.
    Your Slann also looks like it is shaping up well, can't wait to see it painted. And of course... you will have a Coatl in your army in the end right...? I mean, they ARE the feathered serpent (IF only you could make a Slann fly... perfect Coatl proxy right there).
    <

Glad I could help. I'm sure he'll look great in those colours.

Khrangar
    Assault Marine Brother Antinor of Assault Squad Yerpovius

Pre Heresy Iron Warrors: Golg's 11th Grand Company
    The Emperor's Word Part 2
    <

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast