By accident I stumbled unto the plans for the diy Reaver, and I see that some of you have done that also.
This is my attempt:
The materials are mainly cardboard 0.4mm thick, I had a few doubts with this, but after test building a few parts, I'm rather satisfied with the cardboard, with a few tricks here and there it looks like it will be strong enough, it is extremely easy to work with, and I have loads of it
I started out with a foot, but realising that I shouldn't have glued the toes into place before the hydraulics was in place, plus being slightly unsatisfied with the overall looks, I decided to try something else.
Adding the corners helps me keep the corners well defined, and they will later be "riveted" in place the same has been done to links between the foot and the toes.