Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Interex as an army

Banned

Re: Interex as an army

Generally if someone makes a claim, it falls on them to prove it. So I'd agree with Clockwork Knight in principle, that it's not his job to prove your claim. From what's been said here, everyone thinks "oh yeah I think I read that somewhere", and "yeah I'm pretty sure that's what they would have done", but nobody has said anything more definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by massey View Post
    Generally if someone makes a claim, it falls on them to prove it. So I'd agree with Clockwork Knight in principle, that it's not his job to prove your claim. From what's been said here, everyone thinks "oh yeah I think I read that somewhere", and "yeah I'm pretty sure that's what they would have done", but nobody has said anything more definitive.
    i dont disagree with you, but considering his response to my post, which was in response to his post about another post.... ( i think thats right) was out of order and childish.

id love to have time to read through the HH books again, but simply i dont, as i have life outside of GW, and should i want to waste time flicking through a book i could happily disprove him, but as it stands ive no real need to.

we are all supposed to be at least civil within the communitya re we not? ive even less intention now to prove him wrong, after all he cant even be civil.

your post would be spot response to what i posted, which in hindsight wasnt really the best way of responding to his post.
    Wanted: MK6 SM Legs (legs with no Knee Pads) and MKV studded Shoulder Pads. PM Me please.....
    Quote Originally Posted by marv335 View Post
    I went to Australia last year with work.
    The Immigration officer asked me if I had a criminal record.
    I didn't realise I still needed one.
    would like C+C on my homebrew chapter the The Wolves of Dorn - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200505

To be honest pookie, your post stating:

Quote Originally Posted by pookie View Post
    why should we spend hours finding that when you could read it yourself?
    Was a lot closer to what most people would consider to be 'childish'.

Clockwork-Knight's respose was also childish. However, you did provoke him.

Now kiss and make up the pair of you
    Urza's Anvilarium - My Heresy-Era 'Iron Hands' 10th Legion Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Urza View Post
    To be honest pookie, your post stating:

Was a lot closer to what most people would consider to be 'childish'.
    i agree, and with that i do apologise Clockwork-Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Urza View Post
    Clockwork-Knight's respose was also childish. However, you did provoke him.

Now kiss and make up the pair of you
    only if he wants ( deffinatly if she wants )

CWK - soz for been a goon.
    Wanted: MK6 SM Legs (legs with no Knee Pads) and MKV studded Shoulder Pads. PM Me please.....
    would like C+C on my homebrew chapter the The Wolves of Dorn - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200505

Banned

Yeah, I'd second the suggestion of using Codex: Tau Empire. I've been toying with the idea of using Codex: Witch Hunters for the Auretian Technocracy; power armoured warriors with bolt calibre weapons, but without the black carapace and genetic enhancements of the Astartes.

Edit: However, I'm not sure how to model them; I don't really want to use yet more Power Armoured Astartes models, but what choice do I have?
    Last edited by Urath; 09-12-2009 at 15:03.

I could well be mistaken, but I seem to remember discussion about a little nod to the interex (n.b. it's always with a lower case 'i', for some reason)in the most recent Codex: Space Marines. I think that one of the interex planets is named and shown on the page with Space Marine homeworlds.

In response to the idea of an interex army, why not? Nowhere does it say that the 40k rules can't be used to play historical or theoretical battles. If you're prepared to be creative and use your imaginination, more power to you!
    Death of a Rubricist
    My blog
    The M37 Scallop Star Purges
    A PCRC Campaign Project Log

Industrious, bionically-enhanced member of the Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic
    Noospheric transmissions from the PCRC

Quote Originally Posted by Urath View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of using Codex: Witch Hunters for the Auretian Technocracy; power armoured warriors with bolt calibre weapons, but without the black carapace and genetic enhancements of the Astartes.

However, I'm not sure how to model them; I don't really want to use yet more Power Armoured Astartes models, but what choice do I have?
    The latest offerings from Pig Iron Productions bear a resemblance to marines that could be played up. Alternatively, convince all your opponents to true-scale their marines
    Death of a Rubricist
    My blog
    The M37 Scallop Star Purges
    A PCRC Campaign Project Log

Industrious, bionically-enhanced member of the Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic
    Noospheric transmissions from the PCRC

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Apologist View Post
    The latest offerings from Pig Iron Productions bear a resemblance to marines that could be played up. Alternatively, convince all your opponents to true-scale their marines
    Hmm, I didn't consider Pig Iron. But I'll have a little look now. Cheers for that; somehow, I don't think any of them would agree to true scaling.

Edit: Just looking at Pig Iron now; god, you get a lot for your money over good 'ol thrice cursed GW! Were you refering to the 'System Troopers'?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork-Knight View Post
    Well, which passage in which book tells that they've been annihilated/subjugated/given ultra-wedgies?
    Second Horus Heresy book, Loken (I think) says that the Auretian Technochracy will be wiped out "just like the interexians were". I distinctly remember it because I liked Interexians a lot. The aria concept was cool.

Would it require two troopers to make a single Interex on a centaur base then?

One as a whole model, the other sliced to make the rear legs with milliput forming the gap?

I can't think of any 28mm robot horses you could use instead.
    this may be a time for learning to cast.

If you've got the cash then you could try using the bright stallions from teh epic eldar range. It'd take some doing to find them all on ebay but they're out there.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c...rknights-h.htm

Then there's this...

http://www.coolminiornot.com/189747

which may work for you.

All in all live the concept and I wish you luck in completing it. Post some pictures if you do.

Cheers

Vogon
    Praise the Emperor and pass the Ammo.

I believe that towards the end of Horus rising when it is describing Abbaddon attacknig the planet that it was the interex first taste of the Astartes and that they would get more in the future.

Not along the lines of Hurr Hurr we'll get you but more of a "yeah they got their **** handed to them" kind of wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Vogon View Post
    If you've got the cash then you could try using the bright stallions from teh epic eldar range. It'd take some doing to find them all on ebay but they're out there.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c...rknights-h.htm

Then there's this...

http://www.coolminiornot.com/189747

which may work for you.

All in all live the concept and I wish you luck in completing it. Post some pictures if you do.

Cheers

Vogon
    They look brilliant, thanks for showing me it

Might start making the army after my new tyranids. Will start getting ideas now.
    Preview of General Disaster's story Ebon Chalice:

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDisaster View Post
    Chapter One:
    The Canoness was standing in the middle of the room, still squeezing the balls.

mmm. hooves and backwards bending knees on the rear legs are the way forward.

Unless you do it as big as that and have them count as battlesuits or something.

anyone whos crazy enough to cut up those epic models, really is dedicated to the hobby!!!

not to mention that in around 10 years they will be worth 3/4 times what you pay for them!!!!

hmm...didn't think about it much then...there are more problems than I originally thought
    Preview of General Disaster's story Ebon Chalice:

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDisaster View Post
    Chapter One:
    The Canoness was standing in the middle of the room, still squeezing the balls.

Interex as an army

sounds good
    But i would suggest giving the raiders scaling nets and including Drahzar. i have him in my army and even if all the other incubi get killed he can defend the archon and kill almost anyone or anything that poses a threat.

If you want i could post my army?

If you decide to go ahead with this army I would recommend you tale a look at Warmachine Cryx Soulhunter models.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2