Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inquisitorial Witch Hunters

Inquisitorial Witch Hunters

Making a log for them. Photos aren't great but a big improvement on the first attempt, when the weather lets up and I can venture out side I'll update.

George Bennet - Inquisitorial Stormtrooper
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...geBennett1.jpg

WS BS S T I WP SG NV LD
    66 68 55 58 60 65 68 70 68

Weapons & Armour
    Flak armour (chest, abdomen, groin)
    Open helm
    Laspistol - Fury pattern [1 magazine]
    A32 "Equaliser" Automatic combat shotgun [24 shells]
    Auxiliary grenade launcher (1 frag grenade)
    Knife
    2 Smoke grenades

Equipment
    Medikit

Skills
    Medic
    Life ward - The character becomes subject to the rules for Nerves of Steel whenever he attempts to reach a friendly character for the purposes of medical treatment.

Arthur Monroe - Inquisitorial Stormtrooper
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...hurMonroe1.jpg

WS BS S T I WP SG NV LD
    70 68 58 55 60 60 60 66 70

Weapons & Armour
    Flak armour (chest, abdomen, groin)
    Closed helm
    Laspistol - Fury pattern [1 magazine]
    Heym 440 "Diplomat" compact Autogun (Drum magazine, Shot selector, +12 manstopper shells)
    Shock maul
    1 Smoke grenade
    1 Frag grenade
    1 choke grenade

Equipment
    Gas mask
    Laser sight
    Motion tracker
    Null collar - A heavy metal collar that can be clamped around the neck of a subdued target (1 action point), interfering with normal brain activity and causing the target to become highly suggestible. Any target with a null collar reduces it's Wp and Sg by 30%. Removing a null collar costs 1 action point and requires a successful Sg roll. A character attempting to remove a collar from him/her/itself must also make a successful Wp roll.

Skills
    Ambidextrous
    Subdue

Work is pretty much complete on the Cyber Mastiff. Also I'm working on an Acolyte to lead the group, should be finished within a matter of days. Also need to paint the lenses on Munroe's gasmask. Updates soon.
    Last edited by Ferran; 11-03-2010 at 18:08.

Re: Inquisitorial Witch Hunters

Added a pic of the Cyber Mastiff that I painted before Christmas. Looking through my models I decided that I'll drop the Acolyte from this retinue and do a Commissar-cadet instead, this means that the group will be a bit lighter on firepower but the upside is that I can paint a sniper too, after that I think I'll probably make some adversaries for them.

Hopefully the next installment will be up before the new year.

Quick wip of the Commissar, I think I can have him completed by tomorrow and I intend to write some fluff for the 3 so far too, as well as some expanded stats/fluff on the weapons they use.
    Last edited by Ferran; 14-01-2010 at 11:15. Reason: Image removed

Librarian

I really like your paintjob; I found bought the private model, and found myself profoundly uninspired by it. However, you've really brought it to life!

Any background for them?

Thanks for the comments!

Yes I also had some concerns about how plain the miniatures can look, especially in comparison to the more outlandish models in the range, but I think they're looking ok as a set, and the adversaries that I'm planning are going to look a lot more interesting I think.

As for background, I wrote some today for the Commissar but I found it a painful experience, it's not really my thing, so I'm going to try to do as little as possible for the troopers. Here's what I managed.

Background for Commissar Cadet

When Marco Burudezski’s father, a Colonel in the Kirovgrad 118th Imperial Guard, was killed in action, his Uncle chose to have him educated in the Schola Progenium, as was his right as the son of an officer fallen in the line of duty. Marco quickly distinguished himself as an able cadet and was seconded to special duties under sanction of the venerable Inquisitor Titus Quintilius Voteporix. He is currently occupied in hunting rogue psykers in the notorious under hives of Teodor.

Marco Burudezski - Commissar-Cadet

WS BS S T I WP SG NV LD
    72 66 52 58 62 72 58 75 75

Weapons & Armour
    Flak armour (chest, abdomen, groin, legs)
    AR VI "Stringent" - Dueling laspistol [1 magazine]
    Kirovgrad Termite - Compact Autopistol [1 magazine]
    Burudezski Sabre

Equipment
    Uplifting Primer

Skills
    Duelist (Laspistol, Sabre)
    Leader
    Swordsman
    Word of the Emperor

Duelist - A character with this skill has honed their nerve and reflexes in countless saloon brawls and duels of honour, able to keep a cool head and steady hand in almost any situation. A duelist may re-roll 1 failed hit roll (per weapon) per game with their duelling weapon/s.
    Swordsman - A character with this skill wields their chosen blade with speed and precision, as if it were an extension of their own arm. A swordsman may add or subtract 1 from the reach of their chosen sword. They may do this at any time before or during a combat. Their blade is effectively +/-1 reach.

Uplifting Primer - A character with an Uplifting Primer automatically passes rally tests.

AR VI “Stringent” Dueling Laspistol - A standard variant of military issue las weapon, the Stringent finds favour amongst the Imperial Guard officer cadre due to its reputation for accuracy and reliability. The stringent trades a certain measure of capacity for increased accuracy, but loses none of the stopping power of a standard issue las pistol.
    Kirovgrad Termite Compact Auto pistol - A small back-up piece commonly held in an underarm or leg holster, the Termite is a popular “last ditch” with all manner of fighting men throughout the sector, whether they be frontline Guard or back street hustlers, due to its robust nature and ease of concealment.
    The Burudezski Sabre - A finely crafted antique passed through the Burudezski family for several generations, this supreme example of the sword smith’s art is a precision killing tool in the hands of Marco Burudezski. The sabre increases the wielder’s str characteristic by +10.
    Last edited by Ferran; 11-03-2010 at 18:08.

Good stuff. You'll get better feedback and suggestions, I suspect, at the Conclave.

http://the-conclave.co.uk

R.

Thanks! More to come tomorrow

Very nice work! There's only a couple of things I'd have done differently - his left wrist looks a little weird and he could have done with a badge on his cap. Otherwise though he looks great.

Where you you plan to play? If you're in the UK, it'd be great to see you and these guys at the Spring Conclave in April.
    I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

The Inquisitorial Gallery
    The Conclave Hobby Competition Gallery

Thanks! Yes the wrist does make his arm look slightly over-long, I'm happy with the angle but could have done with shortening the wrist part down to the cuff. Hadn't considered a badge but I agree it would have been a good addition. Personally I think the pistol looks a bit long, though it actually scales well with the Major Jaxon pistol. I think I should have used a Kal Jerico pistol instead since he's a duelist.

I am considering the Spring Conclave, can't really plan that far ahead but I'm hopeful.
    Last edited by Ferran; 12-01-2010 at 16:32.

Quick WIP of an additional character, an Enforcer. I have about 6 of these models for some reason and it fits the theme so I may aswell paint one, plus it gives me a nice excuse to add another Cyber dog. Not yet decided wether I should go with implant stubber + shield or implant melee weapon + handheld stubber.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...orcer_WIP1.jpg
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...orcer_WIP2.jpg

I can see we're going to like you.

R.

Thanks!

I went for the stubber/shield combo, modelling is done now but for this one I'll get a proper wip pic.

As stated in my other thread I've pretty much done the base colours on this latest mini, not progressed any further but the good news is that tomorrow is a painting day, the aim is completion tomorrow (in the morning with any luck so that there's light for photos)

Pic as it stands at the moment - http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...staff_wip1.jpg

I have slightly ambiguous feelings about the gun/gun arm, but happy with the rest (reason I mention this is because I was a bit displeased with the overall appearance at first but it has grown on me)

Profile, based on the rulebook Enforcer profile -

Elizabeth Falstaff - Adeptus Arbites Castigator

Brief background (to be expanded)
    Born on Ultramar to a military family Flastaff joined the arbites after her compulsory period in the PDF. Gaining extensive experience and respect from her piers and losing an arm to a mutant aggitator on (random world), she was recruited by (Interrogator as yet nameless) due to her exemplary character and skills, particularly in the field of fugitive aprehension.

WS BS S T I WP SG NV LD
    68 60 50 55 65 66 70 72 70

Weapons & Armour
    Flak armour + abletive layer (chest, arms, legs)
    Enclosed helm
    Implanted BD4 "Regulator" mk 2 Stubber [1 magazine]
    Supression shield
    Knife
    1 Frag grenade

Equipment
    Motion detector, Rebreather (both in helm)
    Cyber Mastiff

Skills
    Dodge
    Shield slam (variation on shoulder charge, need to work this out)

I plan to expand the basic shield rules a little, the riot style Supression shield that is, as I don't think the current (afaik) rules are adequate (movement, impairment etc). Also I don't think the model justifies carapace armour so it's flak + abletive layer.

Not sure if Castigator is a recognised rank, hopefully it won't overlap existing fluff.

This model gets the mastiff now, the Commissars being replaced by a gun dog varient.

that's it so far.
    Last edited by Ferran; 11-03-2010 at 18:09.

I love it. I can see what you mean about the gun arm. It looks strange to see one on a character who isn't a servitor. But the muted colours look really great, as does the very moody urban/wasteland base.

I'd be inclined to say "press on" with the arm. If nothing else, it will make for an unusual character.

R.

Thanks! Yes I'm quite pleased that the scheme seems to suit this model quite well. Managed to pretty much finish the job today, still need to paint the details on the shield but that's about it. I might have a bit of a break from this retinue after this, painting so much grey and black is wearing on me a little, I want to do some proper colours. I'll probably paint some Cadians or something, then return to =][= after that.

ok here's where I left off during the week. A little detailing, hilighting, glazing, and weathering is really all there is left to do, no more than an hour of work I should think. I can't really finish the visor as it requires a gloss coat to be applied after the dullcote, but as I don't have any dullcote it might be a while

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...staff_wip2.jpg

Although I didn't manage to get everything on the body finished up I did paint the shield, I think it's turned out fine. I had originally planned to try some more advanced weathering techniques here but at the last minute I opted to use my old method, reasoning that if it would shine anywhere it would be here. Alas I fear I've been a little over-zealous, and in truth the colour scheme doesn't really suit this style of damage but as I say I'm not dissatisfied. edit/there's a heavy dose of lighting imbalance on this pic which makes it look a little wierd, I think the right side of the pic reflects the actual appearance best.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...aff_shield.jpg

oh yeah the icon was originally planned to be a continuation/modification on the serpent motif seen on the enforcer but it ended up looking like a sperm so I did a bit of on-the-hoof fixing

So finishing this character today, and probably with time enough to start an Acolyte this afternoon.

Librarian

Very nice; I like shield

Thanks! That model is finished now, I'll update pics on the weekend.

In the meantime i've been working on some =][= 28 models, they're quick to paint relative to these 54mm models so I hope to have a few finished by the weekend too (and will probably start an =][= 28 log to run alongside this one).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast