I realized this thread would make more sense in this section rather than the general painting, as it is a project log after all. I will let the other thread die a natural death, and update over here instead.
I have built a sizeable DA Army over the last couple years, but in order to remain consistant, and to stay within my personal guidelines about only using painted figures when gaming, I only painted the armies to a certain level, and in a certian style. For speed and consistency, I was locked into certain markings, colors, basing styles, etc. There were a lot of things I wanted to try, but never did, knowing I would never allow myself to break my self imposed consistency rules. I guess that's a bit nutty now that I think about it.
Anyway, as the year closed I decided I was officially done building that force. With Deathwing and Ravenwing it had grown big enough to play 6000 pt games of painted minis. Knowing there are a lot of cool 40k events this year, and with the DA codex coming out at the end of the year, there would be a lot of building excitement, I knew I would want to add more DA models, but with an army already at critical mass, and locked into a constraints I no longer wanted to work within, I knew I would be unsatisfied with just adding more to the horde. So, the solution...
A new DA Army. An 1850pt battleforce featuring a little of everything, built from the ground up (instead of organically grown a squad at a time). It's been a mental leap for me, composing a list, collecting and building it all without quickly painting as I went. Lots of GW DA Bits, Crusader bits, Forgeworld iconography and greenstuff touches. But the force is built and ready. It's not the most combat optimised army, but it feels right!
If you're still interested after that long diatribe, here you go, my Dark angels Work in Progress.
After the paint tests at the top, if you scroll down the Librarian, a scout squad, a tactical squad, and the predator are all complete. I am currently working on finishing the terminator squad.