Page 203 of 210 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4193

Thread: SDKFZs Mechanised Guards

CADIA STANDS! For The Emperor! For St Pius!

Re: SDKFZs Mechanised Guards

Nice Troopers mate and I'm still alive. Savaaage take the hit and enjoy the masters work.

This Baneblade needs a Squat as it is venerable! Oh with a big Stubber of course.
    Colonel Jacka
    12th Cadian Mech Regt (Orphan Brigade)
    Battle Group Imperators Aegis

CADIA STANDS!! All Hail St Pius! (RHUF)
    Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Loving the new lease of life you are giving this old Armorcast Baneblade. Such a great addition to an already superb collection.

Librarian

Nice few additions youíve got there bud, the old bane blade is particularly nice

Thanks for the replies, Mates
    @ Colonel Jacka: Ill do a squat and stubber, just for you Mate Great to hear youre still around !

@ Space Fink: Cheers, Mate Glad you like my efforts.

@ Mrnon: Thanks, do think this old chunk of resin looks very cool.
    / SDKFZ

Mors Cattus Moderatus DeathCat147's Avatar

The Armourcast Baneblade is looking great mate

Brother Sergeant

Hey SDKFZ, I am following your project log since you have started, have now checked the progress you made during my last visit and am pretty amazed how far you've come.
    I was more the calm reader than the active writer but your log has inspired me serveral times even when most of the inspiration never made it to a project (since time is short :/)
    Nevertheless keep up the fantastic work and I look forward seeing progress on the Stormhammer as I am also pretty in love with that model. But first I will finish my other super heavies from FW.

From now on I will try to be more active

Regards
    I-Paint!

@ DeathCat147: Cheers, glad you like it

@ I-Paint: Thanks for taking the time to look at my work and thanks for letting me know ive inspired you. That makes me bery happy, as thats what i think these forums are meant for (atleast in my world.).
    What FW goodness are you working on ?

So, ive had so much going on in my life atm that the hobby had to take the backseat for some time. Sorry for the lack of updates lately

Going to the big HQ in the UK tomorrow......scary,scary. Have never been to Warhammerworld before.....wonder if theyll let an old fart like me in.........

Is someone else going to be there this weekend ?

Wish me good luck and i hope to be back with some pics and so from the trip next week.

And if were lucky maybe even some update pics......you never know
    / SDKFZ

Librarian

Have fun today at the HQ mate!! And I'm looking forward to see what you bring back from the FW store as I know for sure you can't resist the temptation.

Anyways have fun!!

Boesoe

Quote Originally Posted by SDKFZ View Post
    And if were lucky maybe even some update pics......you never know
    That would be great- there is usually something worthwhile to take pix of at Warhammerworld.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

@ Boesoe: What ? Resist the resincrack ! Not a chance Youll have to wait some though to find out what i got (noting big this time).

@ Codsticker: Well, i did take some pics at the Mothership, but i wont bother you with all of them. Lets just have a look at what i found extra interesting.
    So without further delay, here are some WW pics., SDKFZ style

Loads of people playing 40k, very good

Who has the money to do one of these boards ?

Some cool vehicle conversions.

End of post one.
    / SDKFZ

Post two.

Then i found these.......

Knocked out tanks ! Perfect objectives......for someone like me
    Theyve featured in some older WDs, but now i got to have a real, long, good look at them.
    They were all cast from resin. And you coundnt buy them.....i asked

How does one cast an entire baneblade chassie ? Like, how do you get the details on the trackwheelboogies ? I was just amazed.

Now i DO have to make a baneblade objective........its just a mather of when i will find the time.......
    / SDKFZ

If You're DK You're OK! savaaage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SDKFZ View Post
    Post two.

Then i found these.......

Knocked out tanks ! Perfect objectives......for someone like me
    Theyve featured in some older WDs, but now i got to have a real, long, good look at them.
    They were all cast from resin. And you coundnt buy them.....i asked

How does one cast an entire baneblade chassie ? Like, how do you get the details on the trackwheelboogies ? I was just amazed.

Now i DO have to make a baneblade objective........its just a mather of when i will find the time.......
    Give me a shout buddy we can always add the objectives to our current line of projects haha! Glad you had fun! Now next time take the time to come down to the big smoke! Iíll do the same next time Iím in Sweden.... or maybe Copenhagen since itís closer haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're going to hate me then, SDKFZ.. I'm getting paid to design boards utilising ruined titans
    Getting sidetracked, a (dozen) projects at a time...

"Mathematics? Logic?
    Neither has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with any of this. Mixing Spock, the Borg and something else we arrive at the truth: Logic is futile. You will be administered. "

CADIA STANDS! For The Emperor! For St Pius!

Hmmm and Baneblades Faolan? Wonder if they were FW tests, they have a history of these type of kits. I remember a Chimera or two and a Valkyrie wreck.
    Colonel Jacka
    12th Cadian Mech Regt (Orphan Brigade)
    Battle Group Imperators Aegis

CADIA STANDS!! All Hail St Pius! (RHUF)
    Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Jacka View Post
    Hmmm and Baneblades Faolan? Wonder if they were FW tests, they have a history of these type of kits. I remember a Chimera or two and a Valkyrie wreck.
    They might well have been, and yes, I remember the Chimera and Valk wrecks from a while back. Think there were a few others as well.

"Mathematics? Logic?
    Neither has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with any of this. Mixing Spock, the Borg and something else we arrive at the truth: Logic is futile. You will be administered. "

Sorry for the late reply, things have been a bit hectic around here as of lately.

Not hating you Faolan, just wonder why i dont have that much money to spend on the hobby.

Thats right Jacka, they used to have a range of those kits but i never seen this baneblade before.

Doing some light modelling atm. trying to finish another Atlas. Also waiting for time/mojo to get started on that knocked out baneblade objective i wanted to do.......
    / SDKFZ

SDKFZ,

Yeah, the Baneblade one is based on the plastic model, not the old resin FW one. It was never done as a kit, I'm not sure if it was a one-off, or if they did one and then cast it and made a few more.

"Mathematics? Logic?

They were cast. They had four or five at Warhammer world. Some fixed to gamingboards and some of them loose on a small base.
    / SDKFZ

Hrm, I've got an idea or two percolating. Let's get together sometime to chat about it.

It just needs to not be 1am so I can tell if it's a good idea, bad idea, or GREAT idea.

"Mathematics? Logic?

Right, I've slept on it and cogitated it while awake today as well, and the Nurgle Plague I have has subsided enough for me to be sure.

Yup, it's an awesome idea I've got.

Right, so first we remove a bit more of the material from around the turret ring, roughly in regards to how it is on real tanks. Then, using the cramped T-55, T-62s as one set of reference points, and the roomier Panther and Koenigtiger as the other set of reference points, I can knock together 4-6 pieces that fit into the hull around the (enlarged) turret ring.

Which'll do for an ammo-racked vehicle nicely, then you just drill and damage to your heart's content and no two will ever be identical.

Now, from this it's a small extension of the idea (and project) to include the floor for the turret crew and their seats for including in another Baneblade that's set as more of a "museum piece" display.

"Mathematics? Logic?

Page 203 of 210 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 ... LastLast