Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: This log might take until the 41st millennium...

This log might take until the 41st millennium...

Hello Warseers,

I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster (well...I joined a few years ago, and promptly broke my camera, so no posts since then). Anyway, since I appear to be painting at an almost respectable snail's pace, I thought I'd share my work with you talented people on a semi-regular basis...

I also have the attention span of a hyperactive mayfly, so I'm currently making slow progress on my Gorkamorka/Necromunda Mutie Raiders, NM Syprers and Ash Wastes Nomads. So, advice and criticism much appreciated (although you may see me cry if you recommend sawing my models in half)...first up, a Jakara Spyrer conversion based on an old Howling Banshee and plasticard (see attachment, I still haven't figured out how to display images yet)...

Anyway, enjoy!

Re: This log might take until the 41st millennium (NM, 40K)...

Hmm, really should have mentioned Necromunda at some point...ah well, hopefully people will get the point when they see an Evil Yuppie Predator Spiderman...

OK, it's a Malcadon, not that thing I just said - besides, he's not going to inspire fear in anyone without arms or a head...

Attachment 80658

...and I managed to finish another of my Ash Waste Nomads. It's a rare enough event that it's worth a picture:

Attachment 80659

Enjoy...

Re: This log might take until the 41st millennium...

I'm suprised I'm the first person to reply here...

There brilliant sculpts so far and after seeing what you did with the Jakara Ill be coming back to see what you do with the Malcadon as that was always my favorite spyrer
    [Gomez and Jihad shoot some Zeds] [The Addams go to Malifaux]
    Quote Originally Posted by mdiscala referring to my Lady J
    Well I'm off to cruise bars for goth chicks.

They look really good lad, cant wait to see how they progress

Cheers guys, I was beginning to worry that I'd missed some sort of forum initiation ceremony...

I have to confess that using the Howling Banshee for a Jakara was an idea I nicked from an old White Dwarf (issue 214, I think...nads, no-one work out how long ago that was, please)...

Well, if you want more photos, here you go: Evil Spidey has arms now. I'm not sure which way to put his head though - thoughts? Looking right (defiant and heroic/menacing), or left (for someone else to slice into human carpaccio)?

Attachment 80728
    Attachment 80729

...and since I still have a couple of picture slots available, I thought Id show you other Necro stuff. Below are my Nomad leader (damn proud of this one, crappy picture notwithstanding) and my Mutie Raiders as they currently stand (i.e. without their ugly, UGLY horses)...

Attachment 80730
    Attachment 80731

Flying home this weekend, but hopefully I'll come back with a box of good stuff to work on...have a good weekend, all

Nice Nomad Juve! And some very promising Spyrer conversions, I approve.

Looking forward to seeing more, then I'll rate ya
    Imperial and Ork starships, random Imperial troops and now the developing zombie plague...
    Building the Orkmada- BFG Orks
    :skull: World War Z :skull:
    Quote Originally Posted by GomezAddams
    Right I'm going to head off, got cowgirls with massive racks to paint - its a hard life

Great conversions. Happy to see a Necromunda paint log. I do not think you have failed any forum initiation protocol, I just think that the General Science Fiction Logs sub-forum is a path less travelled by the masses.

By the way, I think the "looking right" pose is stronger than the other.

Keep up the good work,
    Fredmans

Amazing stuff I love necromunda and your sculpts are fantastic keep up the good work.

Hello again all - nearly two weeks since my last post...sadly, this might be indicative of my future progress...it's only going to get worse, as I'll probably be working offshore for a few weeks (where being craft knives and glue is actively frowned upon)...

Anyway, finally got round to slapping some paint on the Jakara spyrer - here she is, all in blue. Hair, weapons and details are still to go, and the paint keeps scraping off the feet as I hold it, but it's progress of sorts...

Attachment 81848

Malcadon spyrer is pretty much done, minus the odd detail:

Attachment 81849
    Attachment 81850

More to come...

And some more: a Necromunda scummer - I've sculpted his plasma pistol from scratch, and you'll get to see that next time. Bulk of him is done, a few details to go (pouches on his back, finish the right holster, and I'll consider giving him an arm if I'm feeling generous). I've got a pile of Mordheim and WH Empire plastics, I foresee a lot more conversions of this nature...

Attachment 81851
    Attachment 81852

...and finally, an ugly, UGLY horse in progress - the rider isn't much of a looker either. I plan on making a basic gang of five or six muties with an array of snazzy weaponry, so it's only fair that they should have similarly grim looking mounts. This particular one is for my Mutie Seeker...

Attachment 81853

Hopefully I'll have time to do another update before I head offshore, otherwise it'll be a few weeks until my next post. Enjoy the pictures :chrome:

good job, Im always searching inspiration for my inquisition models
    * Thunderbolts, Inquisition and GK Plog :chrome:
    * Khorrrne Plog
    * Dwarf adjuster, D&D and Mansions of Madness
    Quote Originally Posted by me on jan/2010
    In one year or so: Codex: Grey Knights, focused on them and inquisitors; Codex: Sisters of battle, focused on them and priests; No allies rule, but more inducted troops
    Quote Originally Posted by me on nov/2010
    Inquisition codex in one year

Aye 'oop lads,

Well, I've come down with a cold (curse this snow), so I haven't made much headway with anything this weekend. Still, I managed to finish the painting on the lady Jakara and the sculpting on my ash wastes scummer:

Attachment 82469
    Attachment 82470

Next, I think I'll work on a Necromunda wyrd I started a couple of years ago, and start brainstorming on my Orrus spyrer concept. I don't plan to change it radically, but the original spyrer models are so poor that there's a lot of scope for improvement. (My own opinion, I know, hope nobody is too attached to those models...)

Right, painting time! Hmm, maybe I could pretend to be sick tomorrow...I'd get a lot more done...

...and Irbian, always glad to provide inspiration - some nifty ideas on your blog. Would you mind if I shamelessly pilfered some of them? :-P

No problem, maybe someone could do something interesting with them XD
    * Khorrrne Plog
    In one year or so: Codex: Grey Knights, focused on them and inquisitors; Codex: Sisters of battle, focused on them and priests; No allies rule, but more inducted troops

Re: This log might take until the 41st millennium (NM)...

Curses - a stressful weekend of travelling, so I'm separated from my models for a couple of weeks. Shame, I was making decent progress on my Orrus spyrer...ah well.

While I'm here though, I'd value a bit of Warseer brainstorming: I'm going to be building an ash wastes shaman, based on the body of a WH flagellant. However, I'm bereft of ideas for his staff - what sorts of things could a nomadic shaman scrape together for a staff? A big wood-like stave with carved symbols? A mashup of scrap metal with some bits of animals tied in?

Ideas and inspirational pictures all welcome...

"Ash wastes" remind me gas masks.

For the staff, take a look at sylvans elves :P
    * Khorrrne Plog

Aha! Offshore now, but I had this picture left over from a few weeks ago that I forgot to post - this is the way I plan to convert a lot of my Necromunda autoguns, and it seems quite effective:

Attachment 83158

I'll slap some paint on this chap when I get back to dry land...

very inspiring sculpts, i have persuaded my friends to play some necromunda, and this log is exactly what i need to kick start me into trying some sculpting, hope you dont mind if i bother you for some tips!

CONFESSION: I was a bit dubious when looking at your converted Jakara Spyrer

APOLOGY: I apologise for my lack of faith, the painted article looks reeeeeeeeeeally nice indeed! The shield and sword pattina is really nicely done!

The Ash Nomads are really nice pieces but you're right about something.... That is one ***** horse Great stuff here, pal!
    Imperial and Ork starships, random Imperial troops and now the developing zombie plague...
    Building the Orkmada- BFG Orks
    :skull: World War Z :skull:
    Quote Originally Posted by GomezAddams
    Right I'm going to head off, got cowgirls with massive racks to paint - its a hard life

Wotcha all,

It's been a while since my last post (due to work, travelling, and a DVD boxed set of The Sweeney), but today I managed to set up my camera, so here's a few pics of my Nomads, including the heavy that I haven't touched in a long time:

Attachment 85157
    Attachment 85158
    Attachment 85160
    Attachment 85159

More pics to come...thanks for the feedback so far

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast