Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: This log might take until the 41st millennium...

Re: This log might take until the 41st millennium...

...lo and behold: more pics! Mutie Seeker and an Orrus Spyrer in progress:

Attachment 85161
    Attachment 85162

I've been putting the Seeker and his ugly horse off for a long time. I still haven't thought of a good way to have his falchion holstered - I'm not keen on some sort of massive scabbard, so I might mock up a few ideas and post them here. As always, any suggestions would be handy...

I'd be keen to see more Ash Waste Nomads... you'll need more for a proper gang.

Your sculpts seem impressive. What's the stuff you're using - not green stuff?

What line of work are you in? Sounds arduous. On oil rigs or something?

The Sweeney? Don't make me laugh!!!
    Check out my great new Necromunda log
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249570

Oi! Shut it sunshine, you're nicked...

Yep, night shifts on oil rigs are sometimes hectic, and sometimes dull - I get through a lot of DVD box sets...I haven't managed to take any modelling with me, as I don't think I could justify the scalpel in my luggage :-P

Not using green stuff any more - I use something called brown stuff (catchy name). You can get it from Heresy Miniatures. I find it handles just as well as green stuff, but you can shave and file it better (as it dries harder).

Hopefully have pictures of a painted Malcadon and a naked (well, unpainted) Orrus by the end of the week. Ash wastes nomads are a few recruits short - I plan on a twelve-man (and woman) gang by the time I'm finished. It'll be the closest I've ever got to finishing an army or gang...attention span of a gnat, me...

The Orrus looks fantastic! I love seeing sculpted models, my kitbashed conversions always look very dreary in comparison.

Cheers jlmb_123 - Orrus pics to follow in a few days (curse this pic limit), but for the moment, my latest offshore trip has been delayed, so I got a couple of minis finished this weekend:

Attachment 85831
    Attachment 85832
    Attachment 85833
    Attachment 85834

Ignore the white gunk on the leader's foot (varnish is currently drying). I'm really liking how these nomads are coming together, and I'm really pleased with how the leader turned out. One mini I really want to have in this gang is a female nomad with a rocket launcher - anybody got any ideas about a base model?

I'm quite impresses with the damaged look of the weapons. How do you achieve it? I'm thinking of doing something similar on my Van Saar leader's chainsword.

I'm like you - I can never wait for the model to dry before taking the picture and posting it

Hmm female models... Escher models? Depends on the size of the missile launcher. Female models tend to be quite small etc.

Heidi hei...

Quick post from me tonight, as I have work tomorrow: here's the Orrus Spyrer before I slap some paint on him (well, there's already a bit on him, but y'know)...

Attachment 86086
    Attachment 86087

I finished the autogun nomad, but I'll wait till I've got my long rifle nomad finished up before I post pics of the both of them. I'm juggling several projects right now - I've got the urge to finish my Mutie Seeker, but there's a lot to do (although he is looking damned good). I'll be offshore again any day now, but I'll try to finish something before I leave...

Right, that's enough waffle, time to do something. Any ideas what colour I should paint the Orrus? I was thinking of a red/red and black scheme...

Go with the colour scheme that seems right I guess. How about grey?

I was thinking grey, possibly mixed with blue, but I'm saving that for the Yeld spyrer (due to the camo effect thing). I've plumped for a red/terracotta mixture, which could be a disaster, but only time with tell...

Hopefully have some pics up in a couple of days...

All of these look fantastic, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    You never go full Corax.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxSigmund
    One mini I really want to have in this gang is a female nomad with a rocket launcher - anybody got any ideas about a base model?
    How about the one in Colonel Schaeffers Last Chancers set? Top left hand corner.

Nice models in here too!!
    Hey, come and check out my log 'o guard right here.
    If you like what you see, leave some feedback, if not leave some feedback anyway.
    While you're at it, maybe check out his other stuff too?

"You can't rush art" - The old guy from Toy Story 2

Hmm, good thought about Rocket Girl - I'd forgotten about her, I'll scour eBay for a cheap one...thanks for all the feedback guys, always appreciate a mild boost to the painting ego

It's been a while since my last update, as I'm a lazy slob (as opposed to the active kind of slob). I've finished my Orrus spyrer; I'm not particularly happy with the paint job, as I don't think it does the sculpting justice. Still, it frees me up to work on my nomad sniper, so: huzzah...apologies for the shoddy photo quality:

Attachment 86682
    Attachment 86683
    Attachment 86681

e2055261: Sorry, forgot to reply to your request. The battle damage is quite easy - basecoat the weapon with the primary colour as normal, then paint the damage on with black, then boltgun metal with chainmail streaks. After that, highlight the edges with a lighter mix of your base colour, then wash the whole weapon in babab black and devlan mud wash.

That's ok. I've actually been experimenting a bit with that on the bounty hunter I did recently.

The Orrus looks fine to me and so does the nomad. The orrus looks a bit dirty I guess - is that the effect you're after? I noticed that the Jakara model is much cleaner and elegant looking.

Do you have any original ash waste nomads from GW? They fetch a pretty penny on eBay...

Gah - found out that I'm offshore tomorrow (less than 24 hours notice, got to love the job), so I thought I'd post pics of what's cluttering up my desktop at the moment. Progress will resume when I get back on dry land...

First up, my nomad sniper - I've got high hopes for this chap. I'm even tempted to turn him into a her (sculpt the jacket, add a ponytail), as I want to have a few female nomads in this gang, to represent a community of raiders.
    Attachment 86785

Here's the Mutie Seeker; I finally figured out how to make a charging station for his falchion. There's a lot to do, but I'm chuffed with how gribbly the horse has turned out:
    Attachment 86786
    Attachment 86787

...and finally, some scout for my upcoming Knights of Mars marine chapter (once I figure out a paint scheme, chapter badge and how to truesclae my marines properly):
    Attachment 86788

Alright chaps, adios, and I'll post more updates when I get back...usually I'm bursting with sculpting ideas during an offshore job, and I promptly forgot 99% of them when I get back. Ah well...

It's been quiet over here...

Offshore was fun - lots of volcano inconvenience. Still, I escaped, and I've made a little progress on some more Necromunda:

Attachment 87800
    Griffin, the nomad sniper, as every gang has to have one (his hair might look out of place, but it's based on a gun-toting friend of mine)...

I got bored watching a film a couple of nights ago (Mission Impossible III, I think), so I turned a badly posed pair of catachan legs and a flagellant torso into this body. I'm rather pleased with it, but I'm not sure what I want to do with it now. Any thoughts? My current idea is to turn him into a pit slave:
    Attachment 87801

I've have some pictures of my Yeld spyrer soon. I recently ordered a load of sprues and bits from one of those great bits websites, so I'm going to be kitbashing a biker gang and some ash wastes vehicles. I remember seeing some great ork warbike conversions on the Eastern Fringe forum, but I can't find it for the life of me. If anyone knows where it is, please post the link :chrome:

Sniper looks cool!
    Kinda reminds me of Leia's bounty hunter disguise in star wars
    Are you in Tokyo? If so, PM me. I'm looking for more gamers!
    Project Logs:
    Dark Eldar (ongoing) and Skaven (dead) and Digital Wastrel, my blog.

i can see that second body as a dual stub pistol wielding ganger with a hockey mask in my head for some reason!
    Last edited by cyphertheory; 26-04-2010 at 09:38.

Dayspringer: Sniper looks cool! Kinda reminds me of Leia's bounty hunter disguise in star wars
    Yes, I thought that about halfway through sculpting it, then I remembered that I'd watched that film a while again and told myself I'd use that costume as a sculpting reference...I really should write things down. Now I'm considering going through my sci-fi collection with a pencil and paper

cyphertheory: i can see that second body as a dual stub pistol wielding ganger with a hockey mask in my head for some reason!
    Good thinking, but I've got this guy down as a Pit Slave now...still, the hockey mask is a good idea, although it'll be nailed to his face...

Anyway, pics! Sniper is finished - I now have an offical gang, although I still want to make a rocket girl, nomad with grenades and some more juves. Here's a(nother poor) photo of the sniper, and a group shot:

Attachment 88312
    Attachment 88311

Now I'm putting the finishing touches to the first of my Yeld spyrers - she's coming along rather well, but the wings were far too fiddly, so I went with jump jets. Hope you enjoy the pics, more updates in a few days...

That sniper looks superb! Nine guys now. All you need is to get a campaign going on the offshore rigs... Though I imagine a grizzled set of men not given to Necromunda on most rigs... oh well if you're ever in West Aust you can play in our campiagn.

e2055261: I'd love to have someone to actually use these guys against, but I can't see myself playing anybody any time soon (mainly because I don't know anyone else who collects Necromunda). I build them all to be game-legal though, so that when the chemicals form my job rot my brain enough, I can play against myself. Still, you'd be surprised at the interests of some rig workers - a lot of WoW addicts, I recall...

Right, more pics: the first Yeld spyrer in progress - I'm still working on the laser arm, and I'm not entirely convinced that it'll turn out well, so I might have to scrap it and start again. I've also started work on the male Yeld, so pics of that when I make more progress:
    Attachment 88501
    Attachment 88502

I found a use for that walking body, and I've turned it into my test model for my pit slaves. I've got a lot of details to sculpt to make him look more like a pit slave; he'll probably be the skinniest of the gang, apart from the techno.
    Attachment 88503

...and finally, here's a body I was going to make into my pit slave techno, but I think that it's a good concept for a Van Saar gang - working coveralls and with a utility belt. Makes a bit of a difference from the conventional high-tech leotards, anyway...any other thoughts about what I could do with this chap would be welcomed...
    Attachment 88504

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast