Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: This log might take until the 41st millennium...

Re: This log might take until the 41st millennium...

I reckon a hired scum or bounty hunter for that last pic.

There's got to be loads of Necromunda campaigns in UK?
    Check out my great new Necromunda log
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249570

Really digging your spyrer sculpts, I wish GW supported necromunda properly. It's such a good game to get people into cool skirmishes in the 40k world before the get hooked onto the marines and what not.

That Yeld is ace.
    Really nice dynamic posing!
    Are you in Tokyo? If so, PM me. I'm looking for more gamers!
    Project Logs:
    Dark Eldar (ongoing) and Skaven (dead) and Digital Wastrel, my blog.

Thanks for the comments and compliments all

Yes, it's a crying shame that GW don't support Necromunda properly, but what can you do...still, although we don't have access to most of the miniatures any more, there's lots of great conversion potential from all the new plastic kits...

I'm going offshore for a week, so I thought I'd drop off a couple of pics of what I've been working on: Pit slaves!
    Attachment 88698
    Attachment 88699

I'm liking the way these pit slaves are turning out - I'll probably kit-bash a couple more before attempting the gang characters (chief, techno and servitor)...

Awesome work Max, your conversion are excellent. I especially like your take on the spyrers!

HN

Yeah, conversions are really a great strength of yours, Max. I've never really even attempted sculpting or conversion work for reason or another. What's the secret? I mean where do you start?

Incidentally, I'd love to see more of your guard if your Avatar is anything to go by...

Gah - still offshore, stuck here due to an unpronoucable volcano...

Thanks all for the feedback on the Spyrers - I've got the last Yeld to make, then it's the Daddy Spyrer (and possibly the Matriarch if my attention span holds out). I've had quite a bit of spare time this job, but I really need to commit some of my ideas to paper if I want to keep them. I've got some nifty ideas for ash wastes vehicles, so next time I head home I'm going to spend some of this offshore money on as much plastic as I can get in my luggage :chrome:

e2055261: Thanks old chap - I'd seriously recommend trying some minor conversions to get yourself into the habit. If you practice using green or brown stuff to make small things (e.g. purity seals, belts, pouches), you'll really get used to working with it. After that, you can mix and match bits of bodies, confident that you can fill in any gaps and discrepancies...that said, you can do a vast amount of good work just by hacking up plastic bits with a good model knife and a razor saw...

Well, since you asked, and I haven't made any recent progress whilst offshore, I thought I'd post a few old pics of my Guard and Marine command models. Apologies (as always) for the shoddy picture quality (that's the closest thing I have to a catchphrase)...enjoy, let me know if you want to see more...
    Attachment 89473
    Attachment 89474
    Attachment 89475
    Attachment 89472

Usually lurk in the historicals bit but must say i very much like the way you've done the grey armour on the guard in the central photo - subtle and simple and the black contrast plus nicely done flesh is really excellent - central sergeant figure shows it best. Nice work.

That's almost the same grey scheme I use on my own IG. Many conversions there on the seconds pic?

I just bought that hired scum model you changed into a pit slave.

Aha, I've escaped from offshore! With barely any swimming!

Off for the weekend, but I thought I'd post the two finished pit slaves and my Yeld spyrer in the early stages of painting.
    Attachment 89692
    Attachment 89693

colhodg: I must confess I only went for that scheme out of laziness, but it is simple and effective. The vehicles were especially easy to paint - spray it black, airbrush codex grey stripes, then drybrush the hell out of it. I've found a few more pics of my generic grey PDF Guard...

e2055261: Yep, a few conversions in that command squad - the captain is a standard guardsman carve-up with an added power fist, the commissar has had HIS power fist replaced with a bionic arm, and the others are just plastic bashing. Here's some more basic guardsman, with a few minor conversions:
    Attachment 89694
    Attachment 89695
    Attachment 89696

Have a good weekend all...more updates next week...

I love those two pit slaves. There's a lot of personality there. Such a shame not to use these in a game...

Uncanny: almost the same as my guardsmen. Did I mention I worked on offshore gasfields in West Australia? Actually that's a fib.

Hey all,

Sorry it's been so long since my last post (on the offchance that any of you have noticed) - personal circumstances, work and moving house have all intervened. As a result, I haven't made much hobby progress over the last month, but I have painted up half of my Enforcer squad:

Attachment 91275
    Attachment 91276

I must confess that it's been a while since I painted entirely metal miniatures, and it's been a collossal pain in the **** - they chip even if I breathe too hard. When I find time to get back into the hobby proper, I'll be working on finishing my Spyrers and bashing up some more Pit Slaves...

P.S. e2055261: Now why would you lie about working in the gasfields of Oz? Is it seen as a particularly glamorous profession? Because it really isn't

As you know, I'm doing the same enforcers at the moment too. I don't like the models much. There's just something not right about them. Your scheme a good one. I might take the time to do some insignia on the shoulders but I might not bother. Tbh I don't think our models will get much use and I'm much keener to get my hands on more delaques at the moment.

The mining sector (gas and oil included) in WA pays very well. While the work may be terrible (I don't really know that it is/isn't) the pay is well above most professions.

Hey all,

Sorry it's been so quiet here of late - here's a quick upload before I head off for the weekend. I repainted my Yeld spyrer, so here she is:

Attachment 92483
    Attachment 92482
    Attachment 92484
    Attachment 92485

Enjoy, and have a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by MaxSigmund View Post
    Lovely work Max!

HN

Wonderful stuff, its criminal the lack of attention this log is getting.

Ha, I'd love to agree Deathskullork, but it's also criminal how little progress I've made of late, so I'm in no position to complain...

No pictures at the moment, but next in line is my long-awaited Mutie Seeker - I was a bit annoyed that the new plastic Slaaneshi steeds would be perfect mutie horses, but I've spent so long making these things that they'll probably have made plastic mutie sprues by the time I'm done. Ah well...

Anyway, watch this space all, and thanks for the encouragement

That Yeld is really well done.
    Great sense of movement!
    Are you in Tokyo? If so, PM me. I'm looking for more gamers!
    Project Logs:
    Dark Eldar (ongoing) and Skaven (dead) and Digital Wastrel, my blog.

Outstanding work on basically all those models Max! A lot of new pictures in my inspiration folders.
    Keep up the great work!

Hey all,

Thanks for the comments and compliments (especially the latter) since I last posted...it's been a bit quiet on the hobby front, but now I'm chucked in the career and am back at uni, I should have more time! I'm rashing promising at least one update this week.

Coming up: more Necromunda, and the start of my new Marine chapter, the Knights of Mars (I'm sure I've just invented that, please nobody tell me if they already exist). The colour scheme will be primarily a dirty red, and there will be a strong emphasis on Techmarines (and jetbikes!). I'm not sure what to do about a chapter symbol - I'll probably go with the basic AM skull and cog. Anybody got any more ideas?

I'm tempted to repurpose my Omegamarines Chapter Master for the chapter. Here he is in power armour, and incomplete in Terminator armour (as I felt he was a bit bland for a CM):

Attachment 97913
    Attachment 97914
    Attachment 97915
    Attachment 97916

- Max Sigmund

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast