Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tale of Fantasy Painters. Month 6 (& Februarys WIP)

Marine

Re: The Tale of Fantasy Painters. Month 6 (& Februarys WIP)

@Braad - There is an error in the painters table! I didn't use a joker last round. I posted Khalida for month 5, who is worth of 420 points!

ARMY: Tomb Kings (2000)
    UNIT: 3 Tomb Swarms
    TOTAL POINTS: 1280
    DICE: 1

3 Tomb Swarms:

TOFP so far:

I... am... DONE!!!

Dice roll (if we are still doing that): 4

Units: 10 quarrellers, 14 miners w/ FC, 20 longbeards w/ FC, banner and musician for thunderers.

Highs: Finishing a full army so that now I can play a 5K game with fully painted models

Lows: Was REALLY tough to push myself to finish... I was just tired of painting dwarfs...

Final total: 4496 (not counting any upgrades and white dwarf is counted as a naked lord)

So with my dwarfs done my aim has turned to my lizardmen. I actualy own over 10k of lizardmen and other than painting the odd model and playing around with a paint scheme they are fairly untouched.

So please now add Lizardmen (X2) for me
    The only cure known for the dreaded illnes of Ruleslawyeritus is a swift dosage of punchinthefaceicilin. -Tapok
    The 7 Habits of Effective Gamers: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232493
    The ONLY reason i joined this forum was to join Malorians arenas. - teafloy_the_damned
    Join the Arena of Death!: http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
    Me on Youtube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMalorian?feature=mhum

Brother Sergeant

ARMY: Dark Elves
    UNIT: 6 Shades (+Bloodshade) / 5 Black Guard
    DICE: 6
    HIGHS: I had a really fun time highlighting the Shades cloaks
    LOWS: Clearing off my painting desk to do real work

Shades

5 old assassin models converted with Corsair handbows and new swords. The Bloodshade is another Hasslefree female with a greenstuffed cloak

Black Guard:

Basic conversions of old spearmen and a bolt thrower crewman, they are rear rankers so didn't get as much love as the rest

Whole army shot:

Since it is the 8th over here:

PAGE 1

@ Harry (Nurgle): Good to see you back in the swing of things. The painting is great and the linked bases are awesome.

@ Harry (Empire): Well you should be able to get these blokes back on track in no time if you get back into batch painting form! A great extension to that unit.

@ Ego Ninja (WoC): Well if there is a mould line on that Slaanesh Herald, you sure hid it well with that photo. The Tzeentch Herald is excellent, particularly the robe and the fireball.

@ Ego Ninja (Empire): Nice work. The shields are rather eye catching.

@ Jim: That Steamtank is ace! Especially the Engineer on top, though he seems to have more guns then he can feasibly use...

@ Braad: Great work. Seems to be giving us a thumbs up . Looking forward to that Wyvern.

@ EmperorNorton (Middenheim): Apart from the lack of shading on the front and centre modelís face and the glossy finish Iíd be quite happy with those models if they were mine as the rest is well done.

@ EmperorNorton (Middenland): Apart from the big white feathers (which I think are rather daft from a model perspective) those are some ace Knights Panther. Iíve got the Heraldry book so if there is anything you need just drop me a PM. And what happened to the Ďhappy with his workí EmperorNorton from last month .

@ Desert Rain: That Archmage is really impressive. Especially the gems on the staff, those are something I can never get right myself.

@ Dino: Great work from you once again. The Quarreller Veteran is very good.

@ Krzyek: Very nice, especially the Amethyst Wizard. Good work. The rune work came out quite well.

@ fluffystuff: Amazing Saurus. You never disappoint. So, another Saurus unit for next month ?

@ gsmc: Very nice. The dark skin tone works really well with the snow bases.

@ Shazarn: You call that a knife? This is a knife! . Nice work so far, but I donít really see the normal Dwarves working as Slayers all too well. Looking forward to seeing smoe more proper Slayers next month!

@ arobe: Those Corpse Carts are ace. Iím not completely sold on the Spirit hosts though, from a distance they just look like trees. Ethereal trees, admittedly, but just trees. I think if the tree itself was painted as normal it would work a lot better and give the impression that the spirits are just passing through them.

@ korkalis: Wheelchairs, snow and walls might not have mixed for you, but I bet it did for anyone watching . Nice work from what I can see, but the photo doesnít show much close up.

PAGE 2

@ Dakkapantz: If my own armies are any indication, those shields of yours will never get done! The really dark metal colour works really well on the Knights, probably one of the best colours to deal with the rather old horse models.

@ 8BitMummies: I know they arenít the feature of the model, but those severed heads are fantastic! Iím not sure what to make of your Razorgor stand in though, seems too much like a Minotaur to me.

@ Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull: That banner is excellent, the freehand work is fantastic. Great work.

@ Bluesabre: Great work. Really makes me want to base my own RBTs...

@ Giledan: Very nice, his face in particular is quite striking. Hoping to see those Lion Rider conversions next month. Want to see if youíve done anything similar to mine (albeit, mine have goblins on top).

@ Calibretto: Great work. The cannon stuffer guy would be my favourite.

@ Morglum Necksnapper: Excellent work. The Giant and the Boss on the Wyvern are fantastic. What is the base model for the Warboss?

@ smokemeakipper: Great stuff once again. Iím really enjoying seeing this army come together with its non-traditional robe colours. Looks quite fetching.

@ someone2040: Great work on those Knights, but now you have me all excited for Asarnilís arrival! Canít wait.

@ Matrim_Cauthon (Empire): The fire robe on your Wizard is outstanding! My only criticism is that, while the Elvis and Napoleon ones donít seem out of place in that unit, the one that reminds me of Elton John does. Which is odd since he is the one that has the same colour scheme...

@ Matrim_Cauthon (DE): Ooh, what colours do you use for the purple on the Dark Riders? It is excellent. I think the gloss finish is a bit off putting though.

PAGE 3

@ Nefelenwen: Nice work, but it feels strange seeing your models without that purple and green scheme. Not that you could really work that into a swarm base.

@ Malorian: You, sir, are a painting madman. 4500pts in six months is a might feat. And to think youíre going to be doing it for Lizardmen now is ridiculous...

@ Inquisitor Pariah: Very nice. Those shades are quite impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Morglum Necksnapper View Post
    @ Doi,

How in the hell did you do the grass on the ogres bases? Looks great! It would be nice if you add more contrast to the eyes, more dark shading around the eyes and more highlights in the eyes. Because the ogres are so few and big, one concentrates on the face much more.
    Giving the ogres different colored pants, even with designs, makes them look like they have a sence of fashion. Iím not sure if I like that... But great painting all in all!
    I bought a 30x25cm (roughly) sheet of groundcover from a company called MiniNatur which I cut up to fit the bases. Looks like this normally.

Doi

@ Nefelenwen
    Sorry, must have missed it.

@ Malorian
    Please! Teach me! How do you do that? Are you family of Harry?
    But cool. Got you marked for 2x lizardmen coming up. We do still require a complete army shot
    Tale of Fantasy Painters hall of fame: 2008/09 edition, 2009/10 edition, 2010/11 edition, 2011/12 edition

Even I have a Blog nowadays...

Chapter Master Morglum Necksnapper's Avatar

@Doi
    The base model for the Warboss is made out of real rocks and styrodur. You can see how I did it in my painting log.

Thanks for showing how you do the bases of your ogres. What a clever idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Doi View Post
    @ Matrim_Cauthon (Empire): The fire robe on your Wizard is outstanding! My only criticism is that, while the Elvis and Napoleon ones donít seem out of place in that unit, the one that reminds me of Elton John does. Which is odd since he is the one that has the same colour scheme...

@ Matrim_Cauthon (DE): Ooh, what colours do you use for the purple on the Dark Riders? It is excellent. I think the gloss finish is a bit off putting though.
    Doi
    Thanks for the comments!

The thing I'm not especially fond of on the "Elton John" mini is the banner. Or what counts as a banner anyway. Might have to redo that sometime with a real banner or something...

The purple is painted as follows (on all my dark elves):

- Liche Purple basecoat
    - Shade with a Liche Purple / Chaos Black mix (about 80%/20%)
    - Then highlight starting with Liche Purple with a little Warlock Purple mixed in.
    - Work this highlight up all the way to pure Warlock Purple (very watered down)

Quite a bit of work, but I think it pays off, especially on those fancy robes the dark riders wear. The glossy finish really is bad on the pictures... might try some dull coat, but not sure where to get it here in Belgium (and they won't airmail a spraying can).

Cheers!

@ EmperorNorton,
    I like your old Kislivetes, the Altdorf color scheme looks good on them. Adding just a slight highlight, and sealing them with a satin varnish instead of gloss would really make them look ace!
    @ EmperorNorton (Middenheim): Apart from the lack of shading on the front and centre model’s face and the glossy finish I’d be quite happy with those models if they were mine as the rest is well done.
    The reason these guys are shiny is because they were done with the old inks* and I haven't come around to applying varnish yet.
    As for the lack of shading, I'll have to take another look. Maybe it's just the flash that has drowned them out.

I also like the Knights panther unit, would love to see them in a larger unit (say 15 or 18).
    Well, stay tuned. More Knights Panther are in the works, but only plastic ones.

@ EmperorNorton (Middenland): Apart from the big white feathers (which I think are rather daft from a model perspective) those are some ace Knights Panther.
    The white feathers are a bit bright, I guess, but your criticism comes too late as the other knights are already done.

I’ve got the Heraldry book so if there is anything you need just drop me a PM.
    I have that Heraldry book as well and it's no help at all. I meant a historical heraldry book, but forgot to pick one up when I was at the library earlier this week.

And what happened to the ‘happy with his work’ EmperorNorton from last month .
    He's buried in the desert.

*this made it clear to me that whatever progress I thought I had made in painting I have to thank the new washes for
    Last edited by EmperorNorton; 07-02-2010 at 19:55.
    2012 Minis bought: 363 - - Minis painted: 373
    2013 Minis bought: 1060 - - Minis painted: 210
    2014 Minis bought: 651 - - Minis painted: 63
    2015 Minis bought: 1057 - - Minis painted: 105 - - Sold: 556
    2016 Minis bought: 386 - - Minis painted: 8 - - Sold: 332

Since there were quite a few changes, I just updated the table at the start of the thread. Hope it is okay now. Otherwise let me know.

Sweet, I even did some painting today. Had 3 slow weeks, as I'm looking for a new house and started to pack up allready. But now my wyvern has eyes, teeth and claws, and also a bit mor finished on the base.
    Tale of Fantasy Painters hall of fame: 2008/09 edition, 2009/10 edition, 2010/11 edition, 2011/12 edition

@Doi
    The base model for the Warboss is made out of real rocks and styrodur. You can see how I did it in my painting log.
    I actually meant the model used for the Warboss as I thought it was converted from a GW model (so the base model used for the conversion rather then the base itself), but your plog tells me it is a Gamezone model, so that answers my question anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrim_Cauthon View Post
    The purple is painted as follows (on all my dark elves):

- Liche Purple basecoat
    - Shade with a Liche Purple / Chaos Black mix (about 80%/20%)
    - Then highlight starting with Liche Purple with a little Warlock Purple mixed in.
    - Work this highlight up all the way to pure Warlock Purple (very watered down)

Quite a bit of work, but I think it pays off, especially on those fancy robes the dark riders wear. The glossy finish really is bad on the pictures... might try some dull coat, but not sure where to get it here in Belgium (and they won't airmail a spraying can).

Cheers!
    Thanks for that. You should be able to find some kind of Matt Varnish in an Art Store if there are any near you.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorNorton View Post
    As for the lack of shading, I'll have to take another look. Maybe it's just the flash that has drowned them out.
    It was only one the one model's face in my eyes, so dont let it worry you.

The white feathers are a bit bright, I guess, but your criticism comes too late as the other knights are already done.
    Oh it isnt the colour that bugs me, it is the massive size of them. Which there isnt much you could do about anyway unless you were inclined to hack at it with clippers (and since you've painted the rest already, that wont happen). You could almost hide the Knight entirely behind them...

I have that Heraldry book as well and it's no help at all. I meant a historical heraldry book, but forgot to pick one up when I was at the library earlier this week.
    You couldn't find heraldry on the internet? The book would be better, but it could tide you over til then.

He's buried in the desert.
    Well hopefully he can find his way to the surface in time for next month .

Doi

THIS MONTHS PAINTING:

8x stormvermin (including standard bearer)
    8x giant rat
    2x packmaster
    1x jezzail champion

BUILD/CONVERSION: One packmaster was made by giving a tiny skaven a chariot pulled by two giant rats. The chariot is a chocolate egg surprise and work quite nicely! The jezzail champion is an ancient unit champion + last edition clanrat holding up the shield.

PAINTING: Annoying. There's a load of slaves drying up from dipping. I'm really getting bored of painting skaven. Well not skaven but the amount of them. I calculated that I have around 100 minis still to paint...

BASING: Missing grass and such.

HIGHS AND LOWS: Losing motivation. Big problem with horde army. I think February will most likely be a joker month to paint something completely different.

The high point was the jezzail champion that came out great (even though the pic sucks). It's one of my favorite minis. I also had a chance to release my skaven upon Giant Dwarf's wood elves a couple of weeks back. Everything went better than expected even though I didn't have any legal sized unit and therefor was REALLY low with Ld.

POINTS: 136 (pretty low... But I'm only lacking 17 points of where I should be so no biggy.)
    TOTAL POINTS: 983 (The score on the excel table is wrong as I changed the total to current edition)

I'm disappointed for myself as I haven't given any comments. That really sucks - I know. I'll try to catch up one of these days... Sorry for ya all.

Stormvermins (lacking unit champion - painted; also musician and another 10 stormvermins are coming)

Jezzail champion

Giant rats with packmasters

Tiny packmaster!
    Last edited by doc_cthulhu; 11-02-2010 at 08:52.
    Guild Redemund's Blog about gaming and nerdy stuff.
    My painting log

January Comments

Page 1:

@Harry: lovely dragon ogres and very well done greatswords. Who would win I wonder? It’s nice to go to your log and see the development of these – you are clearly a devoted servant of the painting gods.

@eco ninja: well robed slanesh. Do you have a closer shot of the knights? I like the armor treatment and am curious to see closer and check the recipe.

@jim: inspiring steam tank.

@braad: he’ll be fierce on the wyvern – nice war paint – looks so simple…

@emporer Norton: 20 years if the rate of painting exceeds the rate of new purchases. Are the leopard cloaks standard kit from the original leopard knights or did you modify?

@desert rain: The warmachine crew recovered well. The everqueen looks great and stands out nicely from the rest of the army

@dino: if you tire of painting the sweaters – don’t despair – they’re worth the effort!

@doi: keep the black and white pants. Very circusy. I didn’t notice the GS stretch marks between the man (er) ogreboobs. Nice touch.

@Kezyek: I like the smoky skull and freehand runes.

@fluffystuff: I quite like the bases – nice recovery if they were a problem. I think you’re the first warhammer player I’ve heard of who couldn’t find any dice…

@shazarn: the slayer army is looking good. Your model this month is very Yosemite Sam – perhaps it’s the mustache.

@arobe: the carts are great – but overshadowed by the spirit host. Models of the month in my mind. Did you consider putting some hands and feet at the end of the branches?

@korkalis: Snow, Wheelchair and walls – there’s a story there. Well painted. What did you think of the model?

Page 2:
    @Dakkapantz: The simple color scheme works really well – and one of my favorite units. Groups of 5 knights to run around and cause havoc!!!!

@8bitmummies: I agree, the colors on the banner are great. The sigils work well.

@Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull: The skull on the banner is fabulous. Is the shield an option for the BSB? Or just for fun.

@Bluesabre: Bonus to paint more than you planned – wish it happened to me more often. Nice looking units

@Dark Apostle: Just give the ape a sword and paint it as a Wissenlander champion.

@Giledan: I like the sickly look.

@Calibretto: Looks good – especially if it was quick work. Have you ever found a way to keep the 3 ‘hammers’ securely fixed to this version of the hell blaster?

@Morglum Necksnapper: The color scheme is really effective and you paint it well. The base for the wyvern is great. Your plog towards 20k of O&G is also most impressive.

@Smokemeakipper: lovely little greenskins! The N Goblin archers are smashing. Hopefully you’ll still have time to paint in Oz between all the mandatory rugby and beer.

@someone2040: The barding looks very good, but agree that a touch more highlight will balance the black against the shiny trim

@matrim_Cauthon: the colors on the empire are really vibrant! And yes the bases look great. Are you going to do anything to the ends of the handgun barrels – they look strangely bright. I agree about the extra accouterments, I’m going to trim some from my next batch. Nice musician in the Halflings! Dark elves are too evil to comment on although they are also very well painted.

Page 3
    @Nefelenwen: A nice continuation of the excellent look of your army. It might be the picture but it looks like the scarab beetles could use a highlight. The real thing has a bit of shine and I think it would work with your color scheme and approach.

@Malorian: Truly heroic. What was the model count painted? Glad you’re moving on to the Lizardmen!! (Although I worry about obsession.) By the time General Bart chases down Gor Gor Sinn we can have the 8k battle all painted.

@Inquisitor Pariah: I like the converted assassins. I do worry that your dark elves are studying a business manual though – perhaps they are entering the corporate world to ply their trade in death.

@doc_cthulhu: I like the Jezzail and the mini chariot – cute – at least for rats. Painting looks effective from what I can see from the pictures

Sorry I'm a little late this month. (again )

ARMY : Empire (2000 Points)

THIS MONTHS PAINTING: Empire Captain + 4 IC Knights

HIGHS AND LOWS: I think the captain is well done, though I did the Sisqů mistake again. His hair is a little too white. Not so sure what I'll do about that. I do want white hair, but it should seem less artificial.

POINTS TOTAL: 778

DICE: 1

Comments later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by gsmc View Post
    @doi: keep the black and white pants. Very circusy. I didnít notice the GS stretch marks between the man (er) ogreboobs. Nice touch.
    Thanks, but uh, I didn't sculpt them. That is the stock model .

@ doc_cthulu: That mini chariot is ace! Sometimes a joker to paint something different is exactly what you need in something as long as the TOFP. Hope you come back with rejuvenated motivation!

@ Gargobot: Great work. I dont really see anything wrong with the white hair, but maybe a little more grey shading so it is more in line with the beard?

Doi

Thanks, but uh, I didn't sculpt them. That is the stock model .
    Doi
    How embarassing! I just painted 4 ogres and never noticed the stretch marks - admittedly hidden behind the greatweapons etc. I suppose I was trying not to stare.

Somewhere under your feet... *shifty eyes*

I'm back on track!

This month's entry was going to be Chaos knights, but I got bored and cross painting bronze, so I painted my army's general instead.

Unit: Gisela, Sorceress Lord of Slaanesh

Background: Trapped in a loveless marriage to a man old enough to be her father, and desperate for both pleasure and affection, Gisela made a terrible pact with the Dark Gods. In return for her soul, and those of all who would follow her, Slaanesh granted her sorcerous powers - and an irresistible hold over the hearts and minds of whoever she wished. The deal was not without side-effects, however, and over time, her unspeakable patron warped her into a form more pleasing to him.
    Now Gisela and her band of followers roam the Chaos Wastes, seeking to unite all the world in adoration of their leader. Those who resist them are swistly dispatched; Gisela does not, after all, like to be rejected.

Build/conversion: Converted from this Reaper Miniatures model, with the lower two hands replaced with large Daemonette claws. The staff is made from the cage from the giant kit, and the top of an Empire wizard staff.

Painting: Skin is basecoated Tallarn Flesh, with Ogryn Flesh and Leviathan Purple washes, then blended up to 2:2:1 Tallarn Flesh, Space Wolves Grey and Skull White. The scales are basecoated 2:2:1 Liche Purple, Regal Blue and Chaos Black, painted up to pure Liche Purple and highlighted with pure Warlock Purple. The metal parts are Dwarf Bronze with a highlight of 1:1 Dwarf Bronze and Chainmail, and a brown wash.

Basing: Scorched Brown over gravel, drybrushed Khemri Brown and Bleached Bone, with Scorched Grass.

Still to do: She's all finished.

Highs: She makes a fantastic change from painting Chaos armour, and she was a hell of a lot of fun to paint.

Lows: The hair. Ugh. The detail on the strands was really shallow, so I'm not convinced it doesn't look blobby.

Points: 350-ish. I seem to have mislaid my army list, but I know she was somewhere around that points cost.

Total points: 1055

Dice roll: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by IncubiLord
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychodelica
    Not an insult towards Verminmistress, whom I believe has not only a wonderful naked tail, but also the most shiny and black/brown/agouti of rat furs!
    <gets a disturbing image of a rat-girl in a bikini>

Ok so I'm back in with some really horrible pictures, sorry all I'm going to get a lamp before next month which should help with the awful lighting here.

ARMY : Orcs and Goblins (2000 Points)

THIS MONTHS PAINTING:

Black Orc BigBoss on boar with the Battle Standard 179pts
    Savage Orc Bigboss 122pts
    Orc Boar Chariot with an extra crew orc 85pts
    An extra crew orc for the first chariot I painted at the start of the tale 5pts
    An orc bully 5pts
    An extra boy with an extra handweapon to take my main block to 25 (mostly painted pre tale) 7pts

HIGHS AND LOWS: Got a lot done here and have managed to more or less catch back up with everyone else, on the flip side it feels less like an achievement as most of the points are in characters! Also my pictures are horrible, hopefully I can improve them for next month.

POINTS TOTAL: 593

DICE: 6!

The Savage Orc Bigboss is my general in my 1500 pt list and is unbased as he goes in one of the chariots. The BSB needs the standard painting really as he's going to be using Mork's Spirit Totem and I've thus far bottled the ethereal orc head I have envisaged.

I've got an even more model light and point heavy load for next month to catch me right back up. I'm currently working on 2 spear chukkas and then have the avatars of war orc shaman, my giant and the old Azhag model on a newer, though not the current Azhag's Wyvern which should get me well back on track! Don't worry I should get some rank and file done after that though.

Last edited by nkicik; 10-02-2010 at 00:07.

@ Verminmistress: Ooh that is amazingly painted. Especially the skin (though I'm not staring ). And the scales. And the rest of it . The Daemonette claw conversion works really well too.

@ nkicik: Very nice. The Savage Orc is really good. I also really like the Black Orc banner on the chariot, might have to steal that.

Doi

Brother Sergeant

Time for some comments;

Page 1:

@ Harry: Very cool Dragon Ogres, like the way you did the bases with all the green slime. Nice old Greatswords models.

@ Ego Ninja: Sweet Heralds, really like the way you did the colouring of the bird head is growing out of the staff.
    The white shields on the knights are really striking together with the red crosses.

@ Jim: Very nice metal colouring of the sides of the steam tank.

@ Braad: I like the tatoo you did on the stomach of the orc.

@ EmperorNorton: Its a nice dark colour scheme you got there; planing on keeping that, or going for something else if you are re-doing them?
    - The leopard skin cloaks of the knights looks good. Well done on getting nice different colour schemes on all the horses.

@ Desert Rain: Really nice gems on the staffs. Bolt thrower looks nice as well.

@ Dino: Hehe; like the musician! The army is really starting to look good.

@ Doi: Have you green-stuffed the gaps between the arms and the torso? I like that better then the large gaps seen on alot of ogres. The bellies looks good on the ogres without gutplates.

@ Krzyek: Really nice dark 'scrolls' on the death wizard. The bottle of the bright/sun wizard looks good.

@ fluffystuff: Very nice painting on that many models. Like the purple scales, and it must have been alot of work on the bases.

@gsmc: Cool ogres, and its a nice snow effect you did on those bases.

@ Shazarn: Really nice conversion of both the helmet and the axe, looks very natural on the model.

@ arobe: Ah! Really nice spirit hosts, great idea!

@ Korkalis: Nice screaming bell. Looks like the smoke effect of the came out really good.

Page 2:

@ Dakkapants: Nice job on the lances of 2 colours, must be tricky.

@ 8bitsMummies: I like the banner, to my taste its is just enough (and fitting) runes/markings on the banner.

@ Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull: Very nice freehand on the banner, looks like alot of work gone into that.

@ Bluesabre: Very striking colour scheme! I really like the highlighting of the shields and edges of the bolt thrower.

@ Calibretto: Sexy fluffy pants on the crew, true empire style!

@ Morgul Necksnapper: The old orcs are so amusing models! Good to see a giant of something else then the plastic kit. And the 'poor' little wyren may have to struggle to keep the black orc up, but its eye certainly looks evil enough.

@ smokemeakipper: Lovely combination of old and new models, with a striking colour scheme. Keep it up!

@ someone2040: The models are really cool, and you did a good job on the colour of the barding on the horses. Well done shading on the banner as well.

@ Matrim_Cauthon: Awesome job on that mage! Scrying ball and his cloak is most impressive. Cool looking spearmen as well! ^^
    Manticore rider is really looking wild; but then so is the beast itself.

@ Nefelenwen: very nice combination of different swarms on those models.

@ Malorian: Really impressive amount of models there, well done!

@ Inquisitor Pariha: Nice choice of models for the shades, and a nice 'camo' on the cloaks.

@ doc_chuthulu: Awsome mini chariot! Stormvermin looks nice.

@ Gargobot: Very nice Captain. In a way reminds me of that commander dude form Avatar ^^

@ Vermin Mistress: Sweet model there, very nice combination of weapons, staff and deamonette claw!

@ nkicki: Nice chariots there, is all the crew removable? That is if so a really nice feature.
    Last edited by Giledan; 10-02-2010 at 18:05.

Sweet. This month we already got 9796 points painted and need only 800 more to surpass last month, and we're up to a grand total of 84372.5 points!

The amount of wyverns painted this tale will be awesome!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast