So, this is my third paint log here on Warseer, and is a reincarnation of my (rather dated) log over on The-Waaagh. Since I mostly frequent Warseer, with the occasional excursion to other various sites, I thought it fitting to move the log over here where I spend most of my time.

Sadly, these pics are rather old, and I must say, I have seen a lot of excellent Ork paint jobs using the new GW washes. I am debating whether to take the bait and try my hand at the washes for my Orks instead of layering as I usually do. Keeping them Goff, I think, really helps speed up the process as a whole.

Anyway, without further ado, I give you Grimgut Ardskull's band of miscreant lads.

I think I am going to make a scenic base for this guy, since he is the Boss after all, and a strong centerpiece is needed for an Ork army.

Some of the lads.

I really, really want to go back in with my oil paints and rust pigments and really weather the ever-loving daylights out of all the metal bits to really give them that grubby look. I also need to weather the whites, since they are rather too clean for Orks.

Many of the Boyz will have skull motifs painted onto their faces, along with a variety of dags and checks on their arms as well. A nice touch I think. I haven't decided if I want to square off the top of the skulls or leave them rounded.

I also need to figure out a basing scheme for the lot of them, and I think a dusty tan will help make the black pop out. Plus, it gives me a reason to try some more MIG pigments for the 'eavy stuff. The basing on the shootas is from a previous paint job I simply painted over, and have been too lazy to scrape off the base.

Also, drilled barrels.

Eventually I will get some up-to-date pictures taken of the whole lot. I initially started an Ork army around this time last year, but had a wild hair around the start of the summer to start Guard.

I think I am cursed with horde armies.

~iPaint