Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Touch of Destiny -Rogue Trader Recruitment

Re: The Touch of Destiny -Rogue Trader Recruitment

Psiarceon is such a massive prick. Much more so than I originally planned. I already love him.

Banned

Psyker status:

[X] Told
    [] Not Told

GO THROW ON A SWEATER AND DEAL lol

Lyei is still hoping Jassmine has some Sat or somesuch in her liquor cabinet, which conveniently gives her a place to duck and cover if things go south. Though kneecapping is fun.

WiP. I have a character in my head and once RL decides to stop being such a huge ball n' chain I might be able to actually articulate him properly. Just using this post as a standin.

Name: Samuel Haberus
    Height: 5"10
    Weight: 110kg

Appearance:

Personality: Sardonic and wry beyond belief. Very closed about his feelings; tends to change the subject by spouting off old war stories if anyone starts to 'get soppy' around him. Not a particularly violent man, unless necessity dictates it so.

Wargear:
    -Hot-shot lasgun. A standard-issue lasgun with a modified power pack that allows it to easily shred armour.
    -Catachan Fang. A gigantic, serrated combat knife acquired by some unknown and nefarious means.
    -Laspistol. A side arm, more often used for lighting cigars than hurting things.
    -Carapace Armour. Thick armour plating that restricts mobility somewhat but provides unparalleled protection.
    -Targeting Optics. A small eyepiece that allows more precise aiming.

Other Equipment:
    -Cigars. Foul smelling and well chewed. Noone knows how he gets his hands on so many.
    -Locket. Small and silver. Noone knows who's picture is inside and noone dares ask.
    -Imperial Guardsman's uplifting primer. Either heavily annotated or heavily defaced. Possibly both. It's hard to tell.

Background:

Born to a pair of arbites in the Anothoran underhive, from a very young age Samuel was instilled with a sense of right and wrong. The Emperor was right. Xenos were wrong. Mutants were wrong. Heretics were wrong. He took this attitude with him to the Imperial Guard where he served an unremarkable tour of duty and returned home, content in having done his part in the universe. He started a family and settled down on a nice agri-world. Life was good.

But fate would not have it so. Old friends from the regiment started to trickle onto the planet. They would stay a while, eat and sleep and talk and leave. Sam continually told himself that he was happy with his life but some primal part of him missed the guard. They wouldn't take him back though: too old with no distinguishing battlefield honours. So Sam started doing jobs on the side. It started small; shaking down a local restaurant owner who'd apparently been consorting with the Tau. The jobs got bigger and bigger until Sam was hardly ever home. 15 years it went on, until Sam returned home and found his son missing. The house was untouched, the only thing out of place a small note reading 'bye mum'.

Sam cashed in a some favours to get himself better equipment and a few more favours to find out where his son had gone. The closest he'd heard was 'east', so he got on the next shuttle to the eastern fringe and headed out. It was reckless and stupid, but Sam knew he was doing the right thing. That was six months ago...
    Last edited by polymphus; 13-03-2010 at 02:50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor's Shadow View Post
    Poly, Step away from the keyboard. Slowly turn around. Put both hands on the wall with palms flat. Bring head back slowly. Ram forehead into wall. Repeat till unconscious.
    Ardent hater of the Space Marine Chaplin.

Max is ready for action.
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation:
    We have assumed control.

Quote Originally Posted by RampagingRavener View Post
    MMm, Dark Eldar/Ork combo army...*drools*

I don't think you can loose with that amount of awsome in your army.
    Prog-lover and \m/ Metalhead of Warseer \m/

SylverClaw, hows does the Navigator fair in open space?

Approved players:
    1) The Gothic Me -'Loki Black'
    2) Luthor's Shadow -'Rachel Lilia Reeves'
    3) RampagingRavener -'Sicoh’varvi Lazokas' -Xenos: Dark Eldar
    4) SandQueen -'Lawrence "Larry" Van der Mir'
    5) SylverClaw -'Psiarceon Thanlorn' -Pysker: Navigator
    6) Souless Enigma -'Keruuh Vhek' -Xenos: Kroot
    7) Dakkagor -'Zachary Dupont'
    8) T_55 -'Lieutenant Thomas Jake'
    9) Slazton -'Incendium' -Psyker: Rogue Psyker
    10) kardar233 -'Lyei Heild'
    11) Otterpot -'Gibani Saddler'
    12) Asi the Red -'Alasdair Hab-Block 5A' -Psyker: Misplaced (lol) Sanctioned Psyker
    13) polymphus -'Samuel Haberus' -You can post, but I would like the background section completed by Sunday.
    14) The Grand Wazoo -'Maximilian Rodikoff' -Missionary

Now once our two new players post, we shall progress
    Last edited by Chiara; 16-03-2010 at 23:04.
    'Scatter ...... Senbonzakura.'
    'Bankai! Senbonzakura Kageyoshi ("Vibrant Display of a Thousand Cherry Blossoms")'
    Byakuya Kuchiki, 28th Head of the Kuchiki clan, Captain of the 13th Squad and Irresistible Heartthrob and my own desire
    Davic|Jassmine's Crew|Aduro|Rain Potorskas|Lady Behontas Louvera, Gwenifer Souke, and Arisates|Inquisitor Ulkaret's Retinue

As well as a Rogue Trader's ship copes without a Navigator - poorly!

Chapter Master RampagingRavener's Avatar

Though it must be said, I would expect any Rogue Trader worth their salt to have at least one spare Navigator on their payroll. Perhaps not as good as their main one, but if he insists on both acting like a colossal dickbag (and thus inviting retribution) or leaving the ship (and risking getting shot), then it seems like a poor idea not to have another one kept aboard as a just-in-case.
    Do YOU love Orks?
    Quote Originally Posted by biggreengribbly
    The Bunny will remain an evil mystery. Maybe it's actually a lobotomised Dead Baby in a fur-suit, who knows?
    Every time someone says Dark Eldar need to be dropped or turned into Chaos Eldar, a little piece of me dies inside.
    Apparently, I'm Warseer's Best Roleplayer. Go me. Have a poke about in the Roleplaying forum to see what I tricked people into thinking I'm good at.

The family contract with House Thanlorn has not always been reliable with a few disputes over payment for dead Navigators have led to Jassmine and her forefathers always seeking possible contracts with Rival Houses.

If Thanlorn continues, she will be paying his death fees....almost too willingly I might add
    'Bankai! Senbonzakura Kageyoshi ("Vibrant Display of a Thousand Cherry Blossoms")'
    Byakuya Kuchiki, 28th Head of the Kuchiki clan, Captain of the 13th Squad and Irresistible Heartthrob and my own desire
    Davic|Jassmine's Crew|Aduro|Rain Potorskas|Lady Behontas Louvera, Gwenifer Souke, and Arisates|Inquisitor Ulkaret's Retinue

Hey, at least he ain't waving his gun/sword around like some kind of proxy-penis. Pretty much everyone in else in the room is - rogue trader included.

Brother Sergeant Luthor's Shadow's Avatar

Aye, he is a different type of arrogance. And to note, Lilia has not drawn her weapon. She has gone for it, but not drawn it. I do not think the psyker, the two Xenos and a few others have not resorted to their weapons yet.

I think all of what maybe three or four have?

In a group of 14, thats good numbers

May Insanity Grace your Day

Luthor's Shadow
    Sanity is judged by those most insane, for only the insane may truly know what sane really is.

The truly Blessed shall Dine in the Halls of Hell and know true Release and Pleasure

A government should fear its people, not its people fearing the Government

Sylverclaw, I hope this is still fun and games. You're pushing a very tempermental woman who I did outline in the personality. I was only teasing in my OoC post. I do apologize if words were mistaken.

However, I am acting as I see how she would act, but I do not mean it personally. I am quite enjoying getting to know my characters and looking forward to the success of this RPG.

lol. Of course. Though I do think you are operating a very pro-xeno anti-mutant regime. Does the ship have a mutant union rep? Because this is absolutely strikable, and no scab backup Navigator would cross that picket line!

Her every retort is music to his ears. She is only reinforcing this terrible man's obvious superiority. Even the apparent punishment of assigning the greasemonkey to him is what he wanted - how better to lord over everyone than by standing near a smelly gearhead? Why he'll be positively kingly by comparison.

For when someone does, almost certainly, shoot him in the back of the head I have an even more annoying replacement character in mind lol.

Yeah, Lyei hasn't drawn either weapon yet. She's too absorbed in her search for illegal narcotics.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SylverClaw View Post
    lol. Of course. Though I do think you are operating a very pro-xeno anti-mutant regime. Does the ship have a mutant union rep? Because this is absolutely strikable, and no scab backup Navigator would cross that picket line!

Her every retort is music to his ears. She is only reinforcing this terrible man's obvious superiority. Even the apparent punishment of assigning the greasemonkey to him is what he wanted - how better to lord over everyone than by standing near a smelly gearhead? Why he'll be positively kingly by comparison.

For when someone does, almost certainly, shoot him in the back of the head I have an even more annoying replacement character in mind lol.
    Larry's not going to shoot you in the back of the head. He might ruin one of your hands but so far he's not going to shoot you unless you sprout horns or start projectile vomiting.

No one should need to shoot anyone. The Navigator should cut back a little off of his arrogance when we are around trade deals.

Forwarding the RPG tonight. I'm late.

I hope Chiara's Rogue Trader can summon a Navigator from the Warp .....
    The Immortal.
    Starlight's comment on the RPG forum. We are the Rogues of Warseer!
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    *chuckles*

Rogue...? You lot? Surely you jest...
    'Death is only but a sweet release I shall deny you for all eternity.'

Not going to be able to post ..... A certain PS3 game was released on Tuesday .... Snow, do I like you more than Byakuya? I promise to post tomorrow. Sleep now ... or so I hope ....

Sunday? Consider it done.
    Last edited by polymphus; 11-03-2010 at 02:24. Reason: Stupid question. Forget I asked. Poly needs to read the whole thread before posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor's Shadow View Post
    Poly, Step away from the keyboard. Slowly turn around. Put both hands on the wall with palms flat. Bring head back slowly. Ram forehead into wall. Repeat till unconscious.
    Ardent hater of the Space Marine Chaplin.

Thanks to Final Fantasy we have more time to burn, yes burn more, it pleases Master ....
    The Immortal.
    Starlight's comment on the RPG forum. We are the Rogues of Warseer!
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    *chuckles*

Rogue...? You lot? Surely you jest...
    'Death is only but a sweet release I shall deny you for all eternity.'

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast