Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Swifty2's many marines

Swifty2's many marines

Hey guys,

I've basically decided since I have such a fondness for space marines, and with my latest lack of hobby drive to do the same thing from one minute to the next I thought it would make more sense to go with a general marine log and maybe just let the others die.

If you've had a look at my other logs you'll have seen my other armies;
    imperil fists
    crimson fists
    black templars
    space wolves
    fledging dark angels

Add to this my being awe struck by the new blood angels I think I may need this log.

To get the ball rolling, i've got a dammed legionaire I did in january for a store painting competition, managed to win, here he is;

managed to win month 2 with a dark elf which you can see in its respective log.

For month 3 the category is walkers, just to push the release of the battle missions releases, I could have painted something I had lyeing around but as usual I cracked and bought a venerable dreadnought

I'm busy converting him into Bjorn the Fell Handed but I need massive help;
    Do people like the way the chaos smoke launcher looks or do you feel an imperial one would look better, i've only got a pic with the chaos one, I think they both look good but i'm leaning towards the chaos one as I feel it adds to the venerable look.

For the wolf pelt on the shoulder, i'm stuck between using lukas the tricksters backpack which I already have or a wolf guard terminator cloak, they'd both take a lot of sculpting, i'm a bit iffy on using lukas' backpack since it's a giant chunk of metal and it can only end in tears, and whilst the terminator cloak is plastic it'll take a lot more resculpting and repositoning.

here he is;

Re: Swifty2's many marines

More of Bjorn;

Also when I can get a hold of one i'll be adding the banner from the ironclad dreadnought.

All criticism is welcome and slightly necessary to motivate me/make up my mid for me.

Nice to see someone else with a variety of marines.

nice work on the legionnaire, the blue flames are a nice touch.

Really like the blue flames , never seen it done like that before.
    `I wasn’t scared, but I was up there looking around, and suddenly I realized I was sitting on top of a rocket built by the lowest bidder.’ Alan Shepard
    Imperial log http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...d-Wolves-oh-my

Thanks guys, the legionaire seems to have been unanimously popular so far, i'll have to paint a few more to make a squad.

titan136: thanks for the kind words, i'm a big admirer of your work, I frequently look at your templars when I need inspiration so that means a lot.

Really nice work on the legionnaire, maybe giving him green lenses would make his face pop more. Besides that, the blue flames are a nice touch, good work!

Toschenko
    My "to do" list. Last completed mini: IF Sternguard veteran Currently working on: IF Librarian and Sternguard squad

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowheart View Post
    Paint needs no explanation. Undercoat allows none.
    My painting log, now totally devoted to the Imperial Fists 4th company - battleworn style!
    A tale of two dwarf slayers - top level painting exercise with Avatars of War minis

Cheers mate, i'm still really proud of the way that legionnaire turned out, he's actually already got green lenses, but I can see what you mean, i've been considering brightening them up a little and glossing them, I may just do that now.

In other news the ironclad banner for Bjorn has arrived and is sitting all blue tacked and wonky on his shoulders (i'll stick it on properly when i've painted it). It's gonna take another few days for the wolf cloak to get here since ebay lied to me but shouldn't take too long.

It looks like i'll definitely be buying more damned legionnaires when I get some money because I really want to paint one right now.

I've repaintede a few of the details on the last few imperial fists I did, i've removed the battle damage and repainted the red shoulder trims to black. And i'm just about finished the yellow on another 3 marines so they'll hopefully be finished this week.

Space wolf dreadnought looks fantastic fella, looking forward to seeing it finsihed and painted!
    Petay1985

Trade Threads: Forsale / Wanted
    Project Legs: Brotherhood of the Sicklemoon, 5th Legion

That LoTD looks purely amaziong
    I see why you came first

Dread is looking nice,
    Mind if i ask what the claws are made from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosen View Post
    Pick any codex, and make an army from it.
    Tell your opponent that your army is Alpha Legion in disguise.
    For added fun, tell him that his army is too.
    Craftworld Dras-Vaulshen, an exploration of the colour turquise

love the LoTD marine - nice take with the blue, a deserved win!

rev

Thanks guys.

I've got the next few imperial fists to a halfway stage.

I'm still waiting for a wolf guard cloak to arrive in the mail before I can do any more work on Bjorn, hopefully it'll arrive soon since I need to have it finished for the competition on saturday.

Tourniquet: Thanks mate, i;m happy with it so far, the claw is just a dreadnought ccw with the old skaven spear blades on the end.
    Rev: Cheers mate, that really means alot, you're log is always a source of inspiration for me.

Also ordered myself a copy of insignum astartes hoping that'll give me a nice source of inspiration whilst i'm getting things back on track.

i like your LotD Legionnaire and i agree that the blue flame is nice. I also like your Bjorn, he came out very nice looking.

I am also looking forward to seeing those Imperial Fists.

hope you get that cloak soon so we can see Bjorn completed.

Thanks hushrong, i've got the cloak for Bjorn now and i'm hoping to do the greenstuff work on him today, although i'm not particularly looking forward to it. I'll hopefully have some pictures of imperial fists up later.

Also i've started looking towards flesh tearers after having looked through the blood angels book a little, and i'm starting to get a rough idea of an army i'll be working towards. After a bit of experimenting with rev's amazing colour scheme i've came up with a method i'm happy with.

you can see the test model here;

the lighting isn't great since it's pretty much verging on night time here but you get the point. I think in future i'll use a really dark grey instead of pure black but i'm really happy with how the red turned out. Thanks rev.

Just to throw it in here the list im thinking of is;
    seth
    2 10 man tactical squads with power weapons, melta bombs, lascannons and meltaguns.
    2 10 man assault squads but not sure over weapons.
    a unit of death company stilll pondering numbers
    and 3 drop pods for the tactical squads and death company.

mate, to be honest - I think its awesome! The colour is nice and deep, really rich.

To quote Burt Bacharach "What the world needs now" is more Fleshtearers.

Nicely done and very dark.
    `I wasn’t scared, but I was up there looking around, and suddenly I realized I was sitting on top of a rocket built by the lowest bidder.’ Alan Shepard
    Imperial log http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...d-Wolves-oh-my

Looking nice fella, i really like the deep red a very rich colour, i'll post some pics of my dabbling into the Flesh Tearers in the near future. Do you have plans to do may more? a proposed force perhaps?
    Petay1985

Cheers guys;

Thanks rev, i'm really happy with how it turned out and didn't take too long either.
    Petay1985: Cheers mate, i've been dabbling with the idea for awile and after reading the BA book a little i'm gonna find it hard to resist, theres a tiny bit above about the force i'm considering.

Planning out the flesh tearers a little more, i'm thinking other than the shoulder pads and seth I wont be using loads of the new minis (maybe an excuse to do some BA's aswell ) i'll probably get a box of death company to use as such but I think thats probably it. I've also been thinking the sanguinary guard could make nice imperial fists.

Apologies, apparently being tired affects my ability to read, who'd have known lol. Other than Seth i am not planning on using anything from the new BA model range. Looking forward to what you do though fella. Its always a pleasure seeing your work!
    Petay1985

Cheers mate, the way i'm looking at it so far is that for all they're a successor the flesh tearers simply dont share a lot of visual traits with the blood angels, but the best thing about that is it gives me an excuse to a blood angels army aswell.

I've managed to take a better picture of the flesh tearer since i've got better light at the moment;

I've also got a few snaps of the imperial fists i re-did;

theres another 3 fists on the way in the same style, since i first did them i've repainted the shoulder trims black, and i'm considering doing the same with the aquilas, i've also added some metal to the backpack.

All looking good fella, the yellows has a nicely vibrant finish, not an easy one to achieve so well done! the better lighting on the flesh tearer presents him alot better too!
    Petay1985

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast