Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bunkers, barricades and battlefield bits

Bunkers, barricades and battlefield bits

Picked up quite a few terrain pieces off eBay over the last year and have been slowly painting them up. So far it's been somewhat on the back burner, so I thought I'd start a tread to try and get the enthusiasm going:

This is what I have on the go:

This load of sandbagged emplacements all came for the bargin price of less than a tenner! Scrubbed,primed and basecoated.

This lot all came as one lot, a bunker, an emplacement and a couple of feet of defence line. Since I bought it, it's been identified as Micro Arts Studio stuff. So far it's all been basecoated and the bunker has had a floor + a few 40k bits added.

Commander

Re: Bunkers, barricades and battlefield bits

Tenner?
    You got a deal. I'm recognizing some of the stuff from somewhere else on-line.

Some of the bunker bits ended up in my other thread (see sig), just decided to split them up. Re the cost, I couldn't believe it myself, I was the only bidder!

I've already finished a couple of the smaller pieces:

I like them all, good work!

Only to say, perhaps you may add some little 'spots' or areas with different colour to make the terrain more interesting, or adding that artificial electrostatic grass (sorry i don't know the name in english :confused

Keep the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoarmurel View Post
    I like them all, good work!

Only to say, perhaps you may add some little 'spots' or areas with different colour to make the terrain more interesting, or adding that artificial electrostatic grass (sorry i don't know the name in english :confused

Keep the good work!
    I know what you mean, all the pieces I'm doing are hopefully going to look like they are from the same place, so will have a similar feel.
    I do have one piece that came with static grass already on it. Proved very hard to try and remove it!

I've seen your stuff on Ammobunker.

Nice work.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia800 using my microwave as a proxy server.

That is not dead which can eternal lie
    And yet, with strange aeons, even death may die.

I am the guy who thought the LoTR movies were crap and liked Judge Dredd.

Cheers. I've already done a couple of Heavy bolter turrets; three bunkers; a couple of dugouts and a Forge World building, pretty much all of it picked up via eBay.

One of the other finished bunkers, don't know the make (another eBay find):

A Pegasus bridge:

And a Quantum Gothic generator

Wow I really like the look of this, keep it coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by The pestilent 1 View Post
    Makes sense.
    Two armies shooting the crap out of each other in Nottingham, pretty much a Saturday night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Come now, Harry, what are the odds that someone on this forum would overreact to rumours?

Very nice. I especially like the inept sniper.

"Hmm, I got a jungle camo net. Where shall i put it? Hmm on top of this concrete pill pox will be nice and subtle..."

All very well done though, not least your ebay skills

Got a few more bits done, can't believe all this stuff has sat in a box for so long.

The two other sandbagged bits, they should end up with a heavy bolter team and a a lascannon . . . eventually.

With a few eternally WIP CSMs'

Librarian

Some really beautiful work there ash, I shall have to go on an ebay hunt for more bargain scenery pieces...
    Imperial Guard Project Log including scratchbuilt salamander.
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247616

Cheers, I must admit since I started buying on eBay I haven't picked up anything (other than Space Hulk) from GW for ages.

Next . . . . .

This had a fairly horrible moulding line/mark around the front edge of the roof, which gave me a good enough reason to indulge my cam net fetish. . . . .
    I do seem to be sticking them to just about everything at the moment.

The interior needs a bit of work, some mud on the floor and maybe a few crates/ammo boxes etc.

Here's a few more finished bits:

Same base, different options.

Just in case I didn't have enough bits waiting to get done, I found these on eBay :

A two part atmosphere processor in grey resin. stands 11cm tall with a 7cm square footprint.
    Not bad for 6 each.

I think the bunker with static grass on is actually a GW one that was sent to some shops but never sold, for some reason about the material I can't think of now (don't worry it wasn't something like it was corrosive)

Where did you get all this stuff on eBay? off particular shops or just looking at what people had put on (like it used to be...)
    We are HULL CITY A.F.C.
    NO to Hull Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by floyd pinkerton View Post
    I think the bunker with static grass on is actually a GW one that was sent to some shops but never sold, for some reason about the material I can't think of now (don't worry it wasn't something like it was corrosive)

Where did you get all this stuff on eBay? off particular shops or just looking at what people had put on (like it used to be...)
    I was given that piece by the manager of my local GW store a few years back, that and a whole load of old metal parts he had in a bag - nice bloke.

On eBay I generally go hunting in the 'Wargames & Role-Playing' section. Just punch in words like 'resin', 'bunker' etc find all sorts of stuff. If you do find something interesting remember to check out the sellers other items - you just never know.

Not sure why they were labelled atmosphere processors, personally I would go for some sort of heat exchanger as they have that sort of look to the top part.
    Had a go at chucking paint at them; tried a mustard yellow, with the intention of dirtying it up a lot - looked horrid.
    Sprayed Nato Green with the last of my Tamiya TS rattle cans, didn't quite have enough to cover all sides of both pieces - boo. That said I have painted too much stuff that colour.
    So, decided to have a go at a Mechanicum inspired red over the Salt/hairspray technique for weather worn paint. Resprayed both black, painted over with black/brown mix, sprayed with hairspray (chemist gave me a funny look buying that) liberally sprinkled with sea salt. Now waiting a blast of Halfords red primer:

Well, as a first go I'm rather liking the hairspray/salt masking effect. On the 'learning curve front', next time I try, firstly I'll spray a coat of varnish prior to the hairspray layer, as when I was rubbing off the top layer/hairspray the dark brown layer underneath was also disappearing back down to the primmer. Also, more salt, lots more. I found that the red spray really soaks around the salt crystals practically filling in the gaps/holes that should have been left in the top paint layer.
    Here's the latest WIP:

Commander

Great looking scenery.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast