Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Moon Kabal

Re: Dark Moon Kabal

I'm glad you enjoy my Kabal, I know I enjoy it myself.
    It would have been wrong not to share it with everyone.

I bet you guys will fall off your chairs if I tell you I have other armies

Like 6000 pts? eldar, 2500 Tau, 3500? tyranid, 2500 harlequin and a cute necron battleforce + lord. All planning on expanding : D

If the rumors are right, the harlequins will become part of this army, making it even bigger. If they stay like described in the eldar codex, I'll be able to add 7 harlequins squad to this army. Even so, they're already kind of part of my eldar army.

Obviously, I got them all from ebay.

and for the sake of showing off my cute tyranid force:

I'm also a nid fan obviously, later on when I'm done with most of my Dark eldar & eldar stuff I'll start expanding my nids with forgeworld kits.

and btw picture does almost shows all my nids, I bought a few later on, which I still havn't painted.
    Dark Moon Kabal

The biggest Dark Eldar Kabal ever! Don't hesitate to take a look.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!

Commander

Any chance for a couple of pics of the tyranids, especially the carnifex & hive tyrant.
    Your views much appreciated as I need all the help I can get!
    My WH blog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195162
    My Iron warriors and word bearers project log http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260551
    Imperial Blog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288036
    Xenos Blog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288038

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer49 View Post
    Any chance for a couple of pics of the tyranids, especially the carnifex & hive tyrant.
    These are one of the few nid pictures I have, I have never actually taken pictures of each unit, simply because their bases aren't fully painted, I painted mainly the nids themselves. Some bases are done, but some details on the bases aren't done, the second carnifex base is still in primer.

BTW I spend like 2 and half years painting my nids, I was just tired of seeing all those nids only primed, I decided to paint them all. After I was done I decided to seriously paint my favorite army: dark eldar. In between nids I also painted my necrons

I'll get back to my nids some day on another thread, probably to finish the last 3%, which are the bases and various rogue trader nids + 2 warriors
    Dark Moon Kabal

Hey :-)

wooza damn HOW many models you got...so many points you listed above there and they should all look spot-on according to the things you have already posted.
    Hm..I would love to see more tyranid close ups since I'm very into nids myself, but you haven't to make pics if they are showcased etc.

Really great to see such big and painted armies :-)

Noc
    -
    > Hive Fleet Esus <
    > Nocturn's Almighty Push <

After a long break updating with Tau, Eldar, Chaos and 'Nids.
    (latest Update 08/22/2017: T'au "The Fallen" - Kroot Paint Scheme)

-

It's enough that there alot of models, but the thing we are getting away from is the detail of thoose first few raiders squads.......incredibly. Will be watching this blog for a while yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Inquisitor View Post
    I'm Sigmar and so's my wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceSaba View Post
    as a slight bump and through much respect. thesheriff is the law around here when it come to WoC.
    ┏(-_- )┛┗( -_-)┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Wow! Quite a collection you have here. If I had that many armies at those sizes I wouldn't need friends...just a huge table to game on.

Hope to see more of your armies soon.

Sry this thread is for dark eldar, I'm keeping my nids in my display for now.

@Hushrong
    Nah, it's not fun to play alone.

Still a week or 2 before I finish my (30) warriors.
    If I really paint like crazy I suppose I could finish those warrior by the end of the week lol.
    After that I want to do some reavers and then more raiders. All pretty boring and it will take weeks to finish. But I'll finally have a full FOC.

When you look at the results you understand it's worth waiting weeks.
    Dark Moon Kabal

The scale of this is just epic, i love how different all the raiders look, also very cool incubi, (the master incubi are from Vect's raider amiright?)
    Iron Warriors log: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...on-Brotherhood

Commission painting service: http://fantasyforger.wix.com/home

"Remember a war is easily won if your enemy does not know he is fighting." - Lord Commander Solar Macharius

Quote Originally Posted by Sork21 View Post
    The scale of this is just epic, i love how different all the raiders look, also very cool incubi, (the master incubi are from Vect's raider amiright?)
    yep, Vects incubi are commonly used as master incubi and I spend quite some time thinking about how to paint my incubi, but I knew I didn't want them to be simple and they they turned out great!

yep, I spend a lot of effort on raider converting, next bunch of raiders will show even more variations : D

Huge armies inspired me to go past the 7000-8000 pts I already had, I started expanding more and more and the army got pretty big.
    In return I inspire others to expand their armies.

New codex will mean another expansion : D

This is my Tau force, not worth showing close ups, most units only have basic colors, no shading or highlighting at all , the entire army is WIP. I'll go back to Tau as soon as I finish all my eldar.
    (btw yes, in the middle I got a bunch of gue vesha

This is my eldar army (around 6000 pts, barely any skimmers)

It will be my next big project after I'm done with dark eldar. (I'll expand my eldar force as well)
    I'm going to repaint the whole army with some exceptions, a very small part of the army is actually painted lol.

BTW this was also right before I started expanding my dark eldar army, back then my army was quite small as you can see on the pciture
    Last edited by kharandhil; 27-04-2010 at 20:59. Reason: Just wanted to add more pictures
    Dark Moon Kabal

seeing all these massive armies...are you the monopoly guy or a money-tree farmer?

i have to say that this thread is the largest xeno one i have seen. i think the only thing i havent seen here are orks.

looking forward to more updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Hushrong View Post
    seeing all these massive armies...are you the monopoly guy or a money-tree farmer?

I have to say that this thread is the largest xeno one i have seen. i think the only thing i havent seen here are orks.

looking forward to more updates.
    I'll keep this thread dedicated to my dark eldar only. I hate orcs, you won't see any orcs in here. But I'm obviously a xenos fan.

I've been collecting for over 12 years...I just buy a lot in one time then don't buy for years. Havn't bought anything ,except paint for months now.
    Dark Moon Kabal

That's what I do too. I buy a lot of model from ebay and I usually trade. I wanted to ask, How did you do your paint scheme? I wanted to do something familiar but in green. It looks great! I'm a semi decent space marine painter so any tips help. Looks great and wish you good luck with bringing home many slaves!

I'm still trying to think of a name for my 1,500 pt Kabal.
    Ork Goff army: 3 wins - 0 tie - 0 lost
    Chaos Word Bearers: 7 wins - 1 tie - 1 lost

Ahhh, so Dark Eldar CAN be painted...
    Quality, Affordable, Mini Painting for Collectors and Gamers:
    http://www.wix.com/lazulipainting/site

LIKE My Facebook page for a chance for a free models:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lazuli...36168673101405

Of course they can. If I may shamelessly direct you to my Plog, too...it's full of painted Dark Eldar

I'm following this plog because it's really nice to watch somebody so dedicated to the Dark Ones.
    Last edited by Bloodknight; 01-05-2010 at 09:11.
    http://www.mekwars.org Play Battletech online in the MegamekNet 3025 campaign environment with people from around the world. New players welcome. Join a noble house and fight for supremacy in the Inner Sphere. Non-commercial community project, no cost.
    My random Sci-Fi Plog, mostly Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar and CSM Current Project: Bad Moons.

Quote Originally Posted by Serg. Lynchbox View Post
    That's what I do too. I buy a lot of model from ebay and I usually trade. I wanted to ask, How did you do your paint scheme? I wanted to do something familiar but in green. It looks great! I'm a semi decent space marine painter so any tips help. Looks great and wish you good luck with bringing home many slaves!

I'm still trying to think of a name for my 1,500 pt Kabal.
    Take you time in naming your Kabal or any army for that matter. I just liked the dawn of war fluff and imagined that my Kabal is known for attack Moons and they mostly attack during the night... I didn't want something evil in their name, but I still wanted it to reflect their fluff.

As for the painting, I'm going to make a Tutorial on how to paint the purple, too many people have been asking how I did it. I'll paint a few raider hulls, each with the different steps and then take pictures, just give me some time to get the paintjob done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodknight View Post
    Of course they can. If I may shamelessly direct you to my Plog, too...it's full of painted Dark Eldar

I'm following this plog because it's really nice to watch somebody so dedicated to the Dark Ones.
    Yeah, I'm interested in other dark eldar blogs as well, I'll take a look at it for sure.

As for my dedication, I'm fully dedicated to all my armies, I just decided to pick one untill I have painted the entire army. I did that with nids, necrons and now it's dark eldar.
    Before all that I used mix up all my armies and none of my armies seemed to get done at all, it was very chaotic and it seemed like an endless task.
    Now I'm more motivated, since I can clearly see that I'm slowly progressing on the painting. When I'm done with the dark kin I'll move on to dedicate myself to my eldar and so on, untill all my armies are fully painted.
    Dark Moon Kabal

Several people have asked me how I painted the purple, how I did the highlights, etc...so here's how I do it:

Here's the Tutorial step by step:
    Before I even start some nice advice everyone should follow: make sure your paint is fluid enough, if it is not the case you'll get a very different result.

Step 1:

You need all these paints:

It's obvious why you need the black and the purple, the white and blue are used for mixing.
    You may be surprised to see light blue, but you shouldn't. When you mix white + purple what do you get? Pink! If you want to get light purple (or any variation lighter variation of your purple) you need to add light blue. You can see I already have pots with the mixed colors I'll be using. I donít know the proportions exactly by heart but the first pot has mostly liche purple in it with a little bit of white and blue to get a slightly lighter version of liche purple.
    The last pot is mostly white actually, with a little bit of purple and a little bit of blue.
    I have a huge army to paint, I only make "highlighting pots" in case I'm painting tons of models.

You need to have your raider or any other dark eldar model, I'll just show it on a hull of a raider, but I actually apply the same on all raider parts.

No picture for this is needed; first you need to prime your model in chaos black and then you need to paint a thin coat of chaos black over the entire model. You just have to make sure your model is 100% chaos black, the primer doesn't have the same color as the paint btw.

Step 2

You start the real painting, just paint a thin/ fluid layer of purple to begin. This will be the base for your purple. How much purple should you paint on the armor depends on you only. The more purple, the more purple armor effect you'll get, adding less purple like here (and leaving a big black part) will make the armor a bit darker purple. (only from an optical point of view)
    Paint 2 layers if needed, just make sure your liche purple is smooth and visible.

Step 3

What did I do? Pure drybrushing.
    This is actually the most important step, it doesn't take long to do, but you have to do it right.
    Basically you take some liche purple on your brush, then drybrush on your armor.
    What you want to do is create a blending between the black and the pruple part, you can't just go from purple to black, you need to shading, some blending, that's what this step is all about.
    You can see the different parts clearly, one is pure purple, the other one seems like a darker purple.

You have to follow about the same form as the armor plates, one or several light drybrushes can be applied. The more you do the better, but remember, I said "light" drybrushing, the first layer will transform the area in very dark purple, you can a second drybrushing or even more, each time closer to the purple, to create a better blending. Of course there's a limit on how many drybrushing you can do, if you do too much you'll end up having 100% pure liche purple. I did about 4 light drybrushes of purple on this raider.
    What you want is to have the black, then dark purple, then more and more purple to get to the 100% purple part.
    If you do perfect blending you can't even tell where the purple truly started and you won't even be able to see the different layers of purple.

Step 4

Most of the work is already done, these are the last 2 finishing touches.
    You paint a thin layer of the lighter purple on the edge to start the highlighting.
    I said start the highlighting, this isn't enough!
    As you may also notice (or not) the lighter purple is a little bit thicker towards the points in the middle. These highlights are still pretty thick compared to the final touch.

Step 5

The final touch, you apply a very thin line on the edges, to finish the highlights.
    Combined with the previous steps, the blending, etc... this is the step that makes the highlights pop out.

Important sidenote:
    You can't always use this technique on all raider parts.
    If the area is too small there are only 2 steps, paint in purple and then do the light purple highlights (from step 5).
    You can't do advanced highlights on a small area, you still want it to look mostly liche purple. You can't do any shading either, because of the same reasons above.
    Dark Moon Kabal

Now you have various variations to get different final results, but the big changes happen mostly during step 2 & 3.

Here you see I barely did any blending, I only did one purple drybrush and I did it over a big part of the black. The raider hull is fairly dark, it is darker (purple) than the one in the tutorial.

This raider on the other side is a little bit mroe purple, the difference lies in step 2, I applied more purple on the raide hull, before getting to step 3.

On this raider I put even more purple during step 2, the hull is almsot completely purple, with a little bit of black shades.

another change you should have noticed for the 3 skimmers above:
    Last step was done with white + purple only (which is basically very light pink)
    I decided to go for a more purple look on my next raiders.

Same techniques were used on my flyers btw.

Hope this tutorial helps!

These raiders will be fully painted in a few weeks : D
    Yeah, those warriors are going through their final touches, but painting the raiders have slowed me down on the warrior painting. Doing the raider hulls tempted me to do other parts of the raiders .
    Dark Moon Kabal

Wow kharandhil that is a huge raiding party, I really like the super heavy skimmers, the multi levelling totally fits with space pirates, I've been planning something similar with a falcon shell for my corsairs, not a patch on yours right now though!

Gorgeous Dark Eldar... I'm eager to see what you'll end up doing with the upcoming new releases. You really should make some armylists to put up here including a massive Apocalype one! (:
    WoTR: Easterlings
    WH40K: Grey Knights, Black Legion Chaos Space Marines
    Warhammer FB: Bretonnia (WIP), Dark Elves (WIP)

Mishra's Playground in Flanders, Halle:
    http://z4.invisionfree.com/Mishras_P...ex.php?act=idx

Thanks always love getting compliments.

Seeing how mind blowing the new models are, I'm going to go for a darker look on the new range. It wasn't just the models themselves that shocked me, the paintjob on the new models is also amazingly exceptional.
    I can't wait to start painting some new models in November.

You can find a 16k armylist on my 40konline blog, this doesn't include supeprheavy skimmers as well as some later additions, frankly speaking I stopped counting how many pts I got, my rough guess is 20k.

I should update this thread pretty soon, I got a lot of new stuff painted:
    -30 warriors, including heavy weapons
    -6 raiders
    -6 reavers

currently painting 10 grotesques and well I could finish those last 4 flyers I got. If possible I want to finish painting those, before I start posting massive amounts of pictures.

I should post a picture of everything that's painted as well, I have no clue how many points though, but I'm guessing past 3k pts.
    Dark Moon Kabal

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast