Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Dark Moon Kabal

Re: Dark Moon Kabal

Re-baptised from Incubi Masters to Incubi Klaivex

Squad 1

Squad 2

Squad 3

and Squad 4

Found a good place to store my Razorwing flyers to keep the dust off them, it was obviously, just didn't think about the possibility.

Right now I'll start the vehicles ,with maybe some infantry units, right now I was painting 3 Raven Pilot, as objective markers, I was also thinking about making a Crashed Raven terrain piece, maybe I'll do some wyches, some harlequins on the side, but I'll work on the vehicles right now! The vehicles got plenty of side passengers, gunners, etc... those raiders with passengers really add a lot of work with the hanging guys.

I'll post some WIP on my vehicle progress, I'll start with the 2 venoms, I don't think they'll be that much work.
    Dark Moon Kabal

The biggest Dark Eldar Kabal ever! Don't hesitate to take a look.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!

The new Incubi look really cool in purple, great sculpts as well. Id love to see GW do them in plastic, but then again it would be shame to see the finecast Dark Eldar stuff go plastic...some of the best GW sculpts ever were from the last DE release.

I like the currenty incubi, BUT there are a couple of things wrong with them: 90% of the dark eldar players absolutely hate their horned helmets, I'm not different. The armor isn't bad, but I would have prefered some custom incubi temple armor instead of a way too similar kabalite armor, the things in the back are nice though, and the best part of the mini is the klaive, one of the coolest weapons ever.

The old incubi are one of my favorite dark eldar models, I know they are still popular and still bought on ebay.

Talking about cool incubi, I had forgotten to post One, the best one...

My coolest incubi is without any doubt this one =>

She's called: Khera (huntress) An incubi assassin, a custom HQ

Dark Moon Kabal

I finished off my Raven Pilots. They were finished in a night, pretty fast, I'm very satisfied with their endresult. Now I got fancy objective markers!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

I started working on my 2 venoms and well on all the other vehicles.

This evening I slowly started working on the venoms after I did the final touches on the Pilots.

One major pain in the bum when painting dark eldar vehicles: tons of extra infantry minis to paint!

My painting space looks a bit like this now:

This is the base I use to prime my DE skimmers.

I recommend you leave your raiders only half build like this before you paint them. Paint the enterior first, then glue them.

21 minis + 3 pilot torsos!!!!

I spend the entire day making the temporary bases, there's barely any superglue on the feet (contact area), you can easily snap off the model when it's fully painted. Then I cleans the moldlines I hadn't cleaned yet, some fast cleaning the models (dust), then I primed them ready to be painted! I'll paint these last though, pilot & gunners first, the passengers will be done as the very last pieces.

All this represents a couple of months worth of painting, I'll post WIPs from time to time, otherwise you'll have to wait too much time before it's all done.
    Dark Moon Kabal

Ok guys! I'm back !

Not that I didn't do anything in the last couple of months, I'm just more active on FaceBook (https://www.facebook.com/DarkMoonKabal, more regular updates then here)

You'll get all the updates in one big post.

So a new dex came out and I was pretty busy .

I bought all the white dwarves, some good stuff, good articles, enjoyed the pages on the Voidraven particularly.

I bought the supplement too, no way I was going to miss it, awesome rules, awesome fluff.

The Coven supplement made it possible to field all these models in normal non apoc battles suddenly, pure awesomeness:

Also got the silly cards, stupuid, but still cheap, had to have em.

The codex and supplement and whole releases did get me distracted, but I still got some stuff done in the meantime.

Venoms got done, minus the top cannon and the passengers, on the top do list.

Dark Moon Kabal

Also the second Razorwing got done in the meantime:
    BTW yeah I'm extremely happy it moved to Fast Attack, as fast as I'm concerned, it's THE best FA we have now by far.

Dark Moon Kabal

Theses 3 didn't take that long to do, the Venoms in particular were done quite fast compared to the next in line; the Raiders. These took forever to do, and not even with passengers, gunners & pilots, all on the to do list.

The 2 brothers together:

The new releases also cought my Eye and my Wallet paid the price.

Enter the WIP of the Voidraven currently my only focus, slow but sure progress.

It all started with the parts:

It's not just a scratch build type of double razorwing, the parts have a lot of minor differences with Razorwing, different blades, different wings, the interior of the pilot seats are different, different canopies, different missiles, plenty of differences in other words, it's quite larger too and the Signature Void mine and the whole front clearly sets it apart from it's smaller brother.
    Lately the Razorwing got smaller in my mind for some reason, they feel so tiny, even if they're not that small either.

After it was assembled and ready to be primed it looked like this:

The missile pods will be glued, but the 2 parts are magnetised to fit in the tips of the missiles:
    I can leave them empty or I can put any missiles I want.
    BTW I didn't glue or magnetise the guns either, I think they fit in just fine.

The big boy got primed and everything and I started painting it.

Dark Moon Kabal

I made a custom base, from some kind of plastic, took forever to cut, but I'd say it was really worth it.

I wanted it to be Higher than the razorwings, clearly setting it apart as the big boy. It had the same Commorraghian theme as the other base I had made

Same technique was used, same theme.

Not that much done yet, I havn't had much time to work on it, I do work on the parts when I can

The mins got done completely:

Currently working on the canopies, BTW extremely hard to do, very troublesome, had to be very careful, crazy freehand.
    I used an old hairless brush to carefully remove any mistakes, by rubbing gently on the surface.

I finished painting the interior, one of the hardest things I ever had to do, had to look at the front, had to look very carefully and paint these really small details while doing a clean paintjob, right now I was doing the highlights on these canopies, also doing the highlights on the Missile pods.

I'll continue working on this Bomber till it's finished, it will be entered in a painting contest and it will be displayed at my Local GW later on.

I also prepared my last 5 bikes to be painted afterwards, a second squad of current range kabalites and I also want to paint my Mandrakes, Reavers and mandrakes become a lot better with the current rules, I sincerely want to see them painted. I also think I'll take my time to finish the last 6 wyches and Lelith Probably.

The Next priority however are all the Raider & venom passengers, all 21 of them:

I'll post my Voidraven when it's done, but If you want more regular updates follow me on FB

https://www.facebook.com/DarkMoonKabal
    Dark Moon Kabal

Voidraven Bomber done

Dark Moon Kabal

Dark Moon Kabal

Dark Moon Kabal

and now accorpanied with his lil brothers

Size comparison with other DE vehicles:

Those who want to see random WIPs and comments on the Voidraven:

https://www.facebook.com/DarkMoonKabal

I won't be updating this page much anymore, as it doesn't get many replies or attention, I'm getting a feeling people don't care much for this army in here anymore, I get more replies on other forums and on Facebook.
    I'd update this page a couple of times a year, now I'll do it maybe once a year or less, frankly I don't want to spend time on something people don't care about.

There eventually is the alternate page: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6455p60-dark-moon-kabal
    Dark Moon Kabal

Don't be so harsh, man. It's just there are not so many visitors in these blogs and according to my point view people who reply are often close friends or the like.

Anyway, I really appreciate your job on the bombers. What technique did you employ to make those glyphes? They're really neat.

Chapter Master Scribe of Khorne's Avatar

It would be a shame to see you leave this log. I think the issue is your current stuff is vastly better than the 'opener' to the log on the first page. Throw that Voidraven on the first page I say, its glorious!

Your current stuff is 5 stars to me.
    Some men, just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe of Khorne View Post
    It would be a shame to see you leave this log. I think the issue is your current stuff is vastly better than the 'opener' to the log on the first page. Throw that Voidraven on the first page I say, its glorious!

Your current stuff is 5 stars to me.
    It's curious: normally I look at the last page, not at the first one. But you're probably right.

Here my five stars, anyway.

Jeez, that Void Raven is glorious!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9