You might remember me from my endeavours with some Slaaneshi Spiderwomen some time back. You also (far more likely) might not. Nevertheless, welcome to my new Fantasy project log. To keep things better focused than last time, this log will focus solely on Fantasy armies (the 40K ones being detailed in a seperate log), and I will also stick to working on one army at a time, rather than leaping about all over the place like I did before.
So, lets get started shall we?
I have many Fantasy armies (or rather, bits of them...), and intend for this log to help me stay motivated enough to get at least some of them to what I'd consider a finished state. The first of these? The ever-scorned Daemons of Chaos.
I actually have two Daemon armies, at present. I built one originally with a Slaanesh focus (the Spidermaidens), but filled some gaps in the list with Khorne elements. I have since decided that both should also be fieldable as armies in their own right. Indeed, the ideal would be to have FOUR Daemon armies - one for each power. But for now, we're going to start with the Khorne Daemons - Lord Bahl's Crimson Legion!
Although part of this army is painted already, every time I look at the models I feel that my current standards are not being met. So, as a test, I painted up a fresh new Bloodletter, both to experiment with painting methods and for comparison with my existing models. Here are the results:
The Bloodletter on the right is an old one, whereas the one on the left is the newly painted one. As I'm sure you can see, there is simply no comparison - and thus the entire army will end up repainted in this new fashion. Though thankfully for my sanity this does not include a)my Bloodthirster, who was the first model I've painted in recent years that made me think I do have some talent after all, and b)two Juggernauts, who took an eon to paint each and still look good next to my newer models.
I'm planning to take a 'paint one whole model at a time' approach to this army, rather than my usual 'production line', so progress on units will be slow, but thorough, and hopefully I'll be able to avoid getting demoralised by doing the same colour for hours upon hours!
Thus, next time you can expect....a second Bloodletter!