Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saur's grand plog of stuffness - 40K and BFG

Chapter Master

Saur's grand plog of stuffness - 40K and BFG

Alright, I've been at this ten years or so, off and on. I've got Chaos, Eldar, Tau, Necrons, Guard and now Space Marines and a couple of little dabblings in Nids and Orks. I've also got BFG Chaos, plenty of it. Enough chatter, on with the pics. Most of these are Examplar shots, as I have More, but didn't spam a whole lot of pictures, as when I took the first batch, most were still packed up post-move. Chronologically ordered for sake of sanity, in the order I founded the armies.

First - Chaos - Thousand Sons Lord, Black Legion Lord, and Thousand Sons Dread.

Much more to come. Image limits and such.
    It's not Overkill, it's Insurance.

Grand Plog of Stuffness - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256696

Questions, Comments, Queries and Rude Remarks are ALWAYS welcome, and Very wanted.

Chapter Master

Re: Saur's grand plog of stuffness - 40K and BFG

Second - Necrons - Lord and Warriors. Lord from an Immortal, with Destroyer Lord arms.

Still more to come!

Questions, Comments, Queries and Rude Remarks are ALWAYS welcome, and Very wanted.

Chapter Master

Third - Tau, DIY Heavy Gun Drone and a Human Auxiliary concept. I have more additionally, just not pictured currently.

Chapter Master

Fourth - Eldar. Dire Avengers, Autarch on Bike, Shining Spear, Dark Reaper Exarch.

Chapter Master

Fifth - Imperial Guard. Penal Legionnaires, and Regulars, as well as a Sentinel and WIP Lord Commisar.

Chapter Master

Chapter Master

Sixth - Space Marines. Tactical Marines, Lord with THammer, Sternguard in the robes.

Seventh - Tyranids. Termagants to test scheme.

Eighth - Orks. One boy, tested the paint idea. I didn't like the green skin idea, so I tried something different.

So, there's the conversation starters... As always, Questions, Comments, Queries and Rude Remarks are not only welcome, but invited nigh on begged for, and appreciated greatly.

Chapter Master

No comments? No Problem.

I've been a bad boy - I was up into Ottawa the other day, stopped in and picked up the Death Company box. Five more Marines, and five Jump Packs. Now I can outfit a Vanguard squad properly. So what'd I do? I built the Sargeant. I also took a few more shots of the Commander I've built. Both are still WIP, thought I'd share in case somebody felt like commenting:

The vanguard Sargeant is carrying a Relic Blade - I figured a chainaxe head would do just dandy for the background of the chapter, as a relic of deathbringing glory. No, I am not colourblind - I did the blood drops in that light blue deliberately, as they are the tears of Varro for those of his bretheren who succame to the curse of their progenitor's rage. They're assembled into the most hard-bitten assault units, and given the mantle of Death or Glory. They have their choice of weapons, and the gear they are given, and left to their decisive choices.

Questions, Comments, Queries and Rude Remarks are invited, begged for, pleaded upon, and truly wanted. Please, somebody speak up.

Hi there,
    like theork colour, never liked the green, either.
    All my orks are red skins...
    In your chaos lord-- is the wire going to be lightning?
    What are you planning for highlighting and washing?
    Are you not going to use the "thousand sons bunny ears"?

Chapter Master

Hey,
    Yeah, Green seemed the one colour that Everybody used, so I thought it was time for something different. I plan to make my nobs and upper rank orks black orks, I thought that might seem a little fitting.

The Thousand Son lord, the wire is aimed as lightning - the picture is probably way too close for the detailing. I've got some blue wash, I might hit them over with it, though I washed one of my Marines and it was too dark for the blue wash to have an effect. I built the Thousand Sons Army on a budget - I used the metal pads, the colour scheme, and went with that. The Thousand Sons Bunny Ears box came out after I'd already gotten them built. I might step the current Thousands down to Tzeentch Marines, which would give them some degree of tactical flexibility while still retaining the slightly harsher resilience, and then add some Bunny Ears troops to that. I also might unify them simply into one army, to field the whole mass.

I am curious how the lightning turns out on your lord.

Well, you could make them thousand sond before the rubric--
    so they wouldnt have the rules, either.
    And I dont know how long after the heresy they grew these "bunny ears"....
    So they could be just around the heresy.

Commander PrimeMinisterSinister's Avatar

Looking good so far.
    I'd recommend painting all the model and not painting camo to scale. It starts to look busy I've learned. My space marine scouts looked like chocolate candy until I up-scaled the camo. Stick to three MAYBE four colours and you'll be golden.

Chapter Master

The lord's been done for years, though I might revisit some of the work on him and touch up a little. I fielded him and the TSons army a number of times.

PM Sinister - I did the camo mostly to see what it would look like, and to challenge myself - as I said, I based it off a set of Swiss Alpenflage that I own, though I didn't add the actual white touches that are on the light green stuff. I only did one or two with the paint scheme, as the codex got revised and things didn't work out. I agree, it looks busy, but hell, even in the flesh it looks busy. It was fun to colour match against the pants as I was wearing them though.

Chapter Master

Alright, some updates - New Dreadnought project, still WIP. Landspeeder, still WIP pending arrival of a Ravenwing Battleforce to give me spare parts. Tyranid prime - added some plates, and modified the head to show Regeneration a little better. Some shots of a couple of Assault Marines on Foot, a Tactical Marine, and some more Vanguard Marines in hiding in the back. Final piece, the Heavy Weapon Squads of my Guard First Platoon - not shown, First Mortar, still yet to be mustered.

Chapter Master

Alright, there's the shots for today - As always, Feedback wanted.

Chapter Master

Alright, latest update - I decided to merge the Ravener tails and the Warrior bodies. The weapons looked right with this specific inversion, and the Ravener talons seem to look good to me. I took a few shots for the sake of showing how the join looks between the two, and an overall shot for whole looks. Anyways, here they are:

The signature says it all.

Chapter Master

Alright, it's been a little while since I updated this, and I've got a couple of pics to share if anybody gives a damn...

First up, my birthday present to myself - a MKIIB Landraider, turned over to Chaos. A little bit of finesse was required, but it looks good, I just have to do some patching in the gap between the hatches and the forward gun mount. I've added the shields and helmets for some extra decoration. Still a WIP, and unpictured are the new muzzles on the Lascannons. Putty Fu for the win.

Additionally, I have a Chaos Predator I've been working on. Only the one pic, and not shown is how I actually drilled the front plate to sink the front spikes into it straight. I removed the bottom of the spikes and drilled them into the hull itself for a more seamless look. Still WIP as well. Designed for hot swap, I can slip in the sponsons, side plates, remove the turret and take it all the way down to a Rhino, thus why the left hatch is unattatched.

C&C real welcomed.

Thumbs up Re: Saur's grand plog of stuffness - 40K and BFG

As you said 'C&C welcome' a decided to answer:

Now you have there a lot of things do 'ya? Have you played 40k or do you just like to paint everything? I'd go both but I'm a bit lazy to paint when I've got something else to do..

I really like your marines, they are the best when looking with my eyes

Ork skin, I'd really like to see blue skinned Ork at full gloryness. If you can make it more than basecoat, I like

Chaos, can't see most of the pics really good, could you take bit better? I dont order you but I'd like to see more of them, they look great.

Impressed that you have so much different armies and i only collect two. waaiiiit... three if we count my Dwarfs

I'll keep an eye on this plog, wanna see more...
    Dreffbuilder

(Been inactive, although I'm making a gift to a special friend all the way in Down Under!)

Chapter Master

Always appreciated, Dreff. I play, when I have the opporotunity - not a whole lot of that now, I'm in the middle of nowhere, and Trying to get in with a local group, which is moving at a glacial pace.

My Chaos and Imperial Guard armies have seen the field. Chaos is my oldest army, Necron Dabblings, Eldar Tinkerings, Guard, Nids and then Marines in pretty much that order.

Orks - I dabbled with the idea to tinker with the concept. He's actually two shades worth - I used medium blue as the base and "speedbrushed" it with ultramarine blue - basically, think of drybrushing with a lightly-loaded brush instead of next-to-no-paint. At the time, I didn't have blue ink, I might add that and see what it does.

Chaos - I can snap some new pics, those are a couple of years old, which might give some more clarity, and now that they're on the shelf instead of in the case, I can probably get some pics of the rank and file as well.

I'm going into my 13th year collecting 40K, though I took a hiatus in collecting for a few years but didn't liquidate what I had at the time. ADD kinda helps with the sheer number, as I keep switching ideas.

Hmmm.. I always Layer when doing Ork skin, it makes it look realistic
    The Ork can turn out interesting.

Cheers
    Dreff
    Dreffbuilder

(Been inactive, although I'm making a gift to a special friend all the way in Down Under!)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast