Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Keravin does a lot of Privateer Press (plus other fantasy)

Chapter Master

Keravin does a lot of Privateer Press (plus other fantasy)

To go alongside restarting a 40k log here and a desire in the PP discussion forum for more Privateer Press threads here, this is my all encompassing PP thread. PP stuff is getting painted all the time and running multiple threads for each army would drive me mad so I'm putting them all together.

My old PP stuff was in my old painting log which can be found here http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87024 and even older here http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52060.

My PP armies are as follows:

Khador - pretty Winter Guard heavy and getting respruced up because some of it was painted a while ago. I've also slightly modified the paint scheme from straight black and gold to incorporate a bit of dark red.

Cygnar - blue and bone scheme is being introduced, so again getting repainted. I'm trying to give up buying them to concentrate on other stuff, but still got a fair chunk.

Trolls - my main Hordes army. Some repainting going on as I've gotten better at doing the skin, but lots of tartan and trying to keep up so there isn't a metal back log like there is on everything else.

Magnus - the true Cygnarian patriot - I've been playing an Agenda army and now playing Tier 4 lists and going to be adding more Steelheads into the mix.

Retribution - the new elves on the block and I've made it difficult for myself by painting them all white. Again I've been developing as a painter as I've worked on them so the white is getting better.

Searforge - the Dwarves. Utilitarian, but with added Polar bear and drunk ogryns.

Pirates - pretty much finished now. I may add some more jacks later, but Pirate stuff that I will be doing is for Freebooter's Fate, the new game from Freebooter.

Plus random other Mercenaries.

Ok on with some tasters of the armies and I'll try and show some of them off whilst I'm doing new stuff.

Beast 09 - first of the new colour scheme for the Khadorians.

My converted Phoenix Myrmidion for the Retribution. My other Myrmidion is magnetised to be either a Hydra or Manticore. I'm planning on picking up a third and magnetising that as well, but will probably not go for a straight white scheme on it.

Plastic Fennblades. Loved them and they got me to go back and buy another unit of Kriel Warriors which are next on the troll list to paint.

And for the Searforge

Their polar bear warbeast ally.

Chapter Master

Re: Keravin does a lot of Privateer Press (plus other fantasy)

On the painting table at the moment are 6 Battle Mages

4 more Riflemen to join these guys

And very shortly this gentleman

The new Dragoon for the Retribution. Just assembling him at the moment.

As I said I'm also going to be doing stuff for Freebooter's fate over here

The rulebook and a selection of Pirates and brotherhood. I forsee my Mordheim scenery getting redone.

Chapter Master

3 new jacks for my Dwarves, plus I have a unit of High Shields and Forge Guard to do. Plus the new bits from this month when they come out.

And Khadorian reinforcements

The Jack will be getting magnetised obviously.

And the special project. Studio Mcvey's new piece. The shadow wraps around the woman.

Lots more to come in this plog and if there is stuff people want to see then please say. Hoping to take shots of a couple of my armies this month.

this is nice to see consider me subed
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309966 random stuff warmachine,dystopian wars and malifaux updated 03/03/13

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...95#post6202095 historical log updated 24/09/13

Will definatly be keeping an eye on this thread.
    How did you do your Retribution whites?
    Tales of a Tabletop Skirmisher FB Page Here
    Covering several games like Pulp City, Star Trek Attack Wing, DreadBall, Deadzone, Mars Attacks, AvP and more.

Chapter Master

Grey or white primer. Underbelly blue base. Lots and lots of thin coats of white. Line with badab black or iceblue or frostbite watered down. Touch up with white watered down and repeat until happy.

Chapter Master

Well as I said I'm getting stuff ready to be primed at the moment as well as trying to clear bits and pieces off my desk.

The Fane Knight for the Retribution is put together. So glad the cavalry has become better to piece together. Just a minimum of green stuff now.

Working on Epic Vlad and a converted stand in for Prime Vlad at the same time. Trying not to saturate the models with gold whilst also breaking up the black armour.

Similarly off to get primed are the new minis from Freebooter.

Coscritti and Harlequin for the Brotherhood, masked assassins. Going to be picking up a few more of this faction once the deals go up on their website.

Deckhands for the Pirates.

Chapter Master

Captain Rosso for the pirates obviously.

And finally

Blackbeard who still needs bits stuck on.

I'll be painting the Freebooter stuff so yes it can be used in the game, but also if I want to do Legends of the High Seas. My current Privateer and Black Scorpion Pirate collection looks like this

And at some point as well I'll be doing something with these

plus another one I've already started work on.

If there are anythings anyone wants to see just ask and I'll get a photo up.

looks like your going to be a busy boy and this is going to be a very busy plog
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309966 random stuff warmachine,dystopian wars and malifaux updated 03/03/13

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...95#post6202095 historical log updated 24/09/13

Chapter Master

Less busy at the moment than usual due to work. The plan is to play my first game of Freebooter's Fate tomorrow and getting my board together and also starting to think what I want to do about new scenery.

For those of you who haven't played Warmachine before and are wondering about scale I got asked to take some shots for another forum.

Space Marine alongside a Cygnar Trencher

Sentinel side by side with two heavy jacks.

In terms of stuff getting painted I've started on the Fane Knight as per the method I said up above. That method can be fairly fluid depending how I think the model is looking.

So basecoated with underbelly blue.

Chapter Master

And then the easy painting

The two bashers. Lots of work to do on them particularly on breaking up the metal, but my plan with the Rhulic jacks is always to make them utilitarian.

And finally the Annihilator is getting worked on too. The metal all needs a highlight to bring it up and then rusting and weathering.

Hopefully more painting will be getting done once I get through the next week.

Some nice stuff here.
    I especially like what you've done with the trollbloods, They look less cartoony than the way they appear in the books.
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...68#post4619668 Legion of Everblight Plog with a smattering of Khador

My Malifaux Plog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275789

I think a certain amount of common sense is called for here!

Chapter Master

The key to trollbloods is getting the skin right, but that takes a while. Hence why I'll be going back and repainting some at some point

So, did you have your game of Freebooter's Fate then?
    Do not put in eyes, or someone else's eyes, no matter how much of a good idea you think it is at the time...from a SODA POP blister
    Quote Originally Posted by Monospot
    Yes, Guard are a way of life. Thank god for tolerant wives.
    *Monospot on the size of IG armies*

Nice polar bear.
    The ships look interesting as well.
    2012 Minis bought: 363 - - Minis painted: 373
    2013 Minis bought: 1060 - - Minis painted: 210
    2014 Minis bought: 651 - - Minis painted: 63
    2015 Minis bought: 1057 - - Minis painted: 105 - - Sold: 556
    2016 Minis bought: 386 - - Minis painted: 8 - - Sold: 332

Chapter Master

Niibl - sick wife postponed it. Thursday night looks good though.

EmperorNorton - thanks.

Right well painting is slightly derailed as my lamp is having issues.

Made great progress on Epic Vlad and gone full shoulder pad on him, largely because I liked what I've done on his cloak. Apologies for the very blurry shot.

Prime Vlad stand in is also getting there. Details mostly now on him.

I have plans to use the Dwarves next week so full steam ahead on getting them done as well.

Chapter Master

Well played my first game of Freebooters and loved it. I want to play it more narratively which I think bodes well. Got to write up the battle report and probably posting that over on Ammobunker.

Meanwhile though I have been painting

Rhulic Basher #1 is done. Got the second one to finish now he's glued in place on his base.

And the Avalancher. Really happy with him.

The key with my Rhulics is keep them utilitarian so no flashiness or gaudiness on their jacks.

Chapter Master

Over for the Khadorians

The photos aren't showing the edging or detail as well as I'd like on the Vlad conversion. Quite happy he doesn't look out of place though.

And then his epic version

He went together much better than I hoped for. I had visions of the cape falling off, but no he's stuck great.

Next up I'm finishing Strakhov and the Widowmaker marksman for the Khadorians, and working on new Retribution stuff too.

Shame the photo's are so dark
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...68#post4619668 Legion of Everblight Plog with a smattering of Khador

My Malifaux Plog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275789

I think a certain amount of common sense is called for here!

like evlad not so sure about siglvlad coversion though

do you use macro on your cammera its for close up pics

try taking your photos out side thats what i've had to do

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast