Thread: ASSASSINAWOKEN's Tyranid Painting Log

ASSASSINAWOKEN's Tyranid Painting Log

I have been meaning to start a log for quite some time, but I have not had a meas to get decent pictures. Both my digital camera and my smart phone camera cannot produce close up pictures, however my 2.0 Megapixel webcam can produce some decent shots.

Currently I have a google document spreadsheet to track my progress.
    You may view it here.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...AQ&output=html

I would very much like some C&C. I am currently striving to get all models in some form of standardization while working on them at the same time. I will move to a new unit to avoid boredom, but try my best to finish the current unit.

The standardization I am striving for sort of follows the following path

1. Stripped of old paint
    2. Primmed white
    3. Painted to a tabletop standard (Zoanthrope models are the closest)
    4. Based (Method undecided)

Currently I am working on

1 x brood of 16 Termagaunts
    Click the link below or see attachment 1
    http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
    1 x brood of 4 Warriors
    Click the link below or see attachment 2
    1 x brood of 3 Zoathropes
    Click the link below or see attachment 3

I would like to start this brood this week.

1 x brood of 16 Hormagunts
    Click the link below or see attachment 4

I am looking for help with what to do about the flesh coloring and Armour highlighting. I am stumped on what colors to use next. I have decided to use Badab Black wash on the flesh which is Adeptus battlegrey and it seems to work quite well. I have also decided to use Delvan Mud on the Armour which is Iyaden Darksun to shade the recesses.

Please let me know how you think my army works or what you my think would help it out a bit more.

If anyone can hint me on how to embed pictures I would appreciate it. I am currently using Google Picassa Web album to host my photos for the meantime. I might need to switch to Photobucket.

Thanks,

AA
    Last edited by ASSASSINAWOKEN; 04-05-2010 at 03:32.

Re: ASSASSINAWOKEN's Tyranid Painting Log

Both my digital camera and my smart phone camera cannot produce close up pictures, however my 2.0 Megapixel webcam can produce some decent shots.
    Are you sure? Even the 5 years old camera I have lying around here has a "makro".

If anyone can hint me on how to embed pictures I would appreciate it. I am currently using Google Picassa Web album to host my photos for the meantime. I might need to switch to Photobucket.
    photobucket works, as does imageshack. You can even embed pictures that you've linked as attachements to your posts. Just open the pic in a new tab/window, copy the url and paste it into the adress-line that appears when you click the button "insert image" while posting a new message (sixth symbol from the right in the lower headline). Like this:

On the painting side, there isn't much I can say right now, as the pics make the models look quite twodimensional. The only advice I could give is to repaint the scales after shading to avoid a sloppy appearnace.

Re: ASSASSINAWOKEN's Tyranid Painting Log

Thanks Dezmond for the help. My GF found a spare charger so I can hopefully get some better pictures to show.

Recently I have been doing an assortment of things to progress my army.

Painting

I put some more time into painting my first brood of 16 termagaunts. basically I have 8 done so far and now I am working on the other half of the brood.

I put some more time into painting a brood of 4 warriors with deathspitters and scything talons. They are in the same bucket as the termagaunts with two done and two I am working on.

I applied all of the greens, green inks, and the first coat of iyaden darksun to the warriors and to the last 8 termagaunts.

Assembling

I put some time in prepping a hive guard model for assembly. Trying to motivate my local shop where I live to order more hive guard is getting old. I got my first hive guard model almost 40 miles away, but i got one . Should be able to assemble him next day.

My red terror model received some heavy cleaning and filling. I should be ready to glue him tomorrow and get some pictures of the pose.

My goal for the week is to get all the termagunts and warriors painted to the same level. Plus I want to apply the methods I learned from Dezmond to thier tongues and bone claws.

Pics coming in a few.

AA