Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd ed. Witch Hunters Codex at GW website next month

Angry Re: 3rd ed. Witch Hunters Codex at GW website next month

And I play to win.

Just another in a long line of poorly executed actions by GW.

How do you know it was unintentional? Another part of the codex that refers to allies was also cut out.

What is pissing us off is that after a month of waiting, we get 4 hours work from a minimum wage guy and no one seems to proof the work or ask "Can we do better than this?"

If I was GW, I would view the fact that there is an ongoing INAT FAQ that is 90, 100 pages long to handle problems with my products as an embarrassment and would bust my ass to correct it.

Instead we are treated like mushrooms
    The difference between a crowd and a mob is one man willing to stand up for what is right.

Re: 3rd ed. Witch Hunters Codex at GW website next month

So clearly there is a difference between the international PDFs. So pick which one you want and go with that. All the stats are there and bust out babel-fish for any other translation. Problem solved.

[QUOTE=oldgamer56;4761499]
    How do you know it was unintentional? Another part of the codex that refers to allies was also cut out.[QUOTE]

How do I know it was unintentional? I don't have any idea. But let me see, I own a company that caters to a pretty nice following, that which I need to stay in business, so I think I will deliberatley "**** off my customers" to the point it will drive them towards another companies' game system. Yep makes sense to me, especially from a business viewpoint.
    Seriously, I believe a previous post suggested you ask GW...why don't you?
    The worse loss one can suffer, is the loss of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisian Wolf View Post
    This is why I would never play a tournament game. Too many uptight people participate. All of these arguments are so silly. I mean if the vehicles are all basic to the Space Marine codex and the basic rules were updated for those vehicles during that release, then that becomes the default rule for anyone using those vehicles as far as my group is concerned.
    Specific army rules to vehicles are easily discernable by each codex. But basic rules are just that, and if the latest update is in the Space Marine codex and you are playing WitchHunters using a Land Raider, then simply make the proper adjustment. Are mistakes present in rules? Sure, deal with it and move on. I don't believe errors on GW's part are intentional...what would be the gain?
    In this thread everyone is upset about GW supplying a PDF in leuix of an upcoming codex release because they made a judgement to no longer print that version. Really? GW never claimed they were updating the dex, they were simply trying to fill the gap until the new ones arrive! My goodness they all should be hung for that right?...C'mon everyone lighten up. So the edit inadvertently took out a previous Allied rule, perhaps *gasp* it was an oversight. If this game causes anyone that much real pain I suggest they sell their models. I play to have fun.
    Thank - You - Wolf. I personally feel that the WH codex is still very competitive and doesn't need any special adjustments - but the point is, and GW has tried to emphasize this over and over - the rules are just a framework.

We don't need GW to spell every single little thing out for us, we are (mostly) adults are we not? ...it's a game; and it's meant to be fun. We all 'play to win' but 40k wouldn't have made it past year 1 if the general focus wasn't fun.
    991.M42 - The High Lords of GW release a codex full of character and artistry, with new and interesting models and units.

992.M42 - The Powers of Chaos combine to eliminate every interesting (but not uber-efficient) unit in the game. Leaving only Mechanized SPAM to fight all remaining battles in the Galaxy.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by TeDasCuen View Post
    Doing a fast look It's the same 3rd ed. codex
    Of course. Did anyone really think they were going to do an update?

I've got to admit I sort of believed they might do a little touch-up, even though all of the rumors said otherwise. Anyway, not a big deal.
    991.M42 - The High Lords of GW release a codex full of character and artistry, with new and interesting models and units.

992.M42 - The Powers of Chaos combine to eliminate every interesting (but not uber-efficient) unit in the game. Leaving only Mechanized SPAM to fight all remaining battles in the Galaxy.

Chapter Master

I'm also not concerned about a couple missing pages. I have the printed codex that I bought and that's what I'm going to use, unless I hear a specific FAQ entry addressing 'changes' brought about by what I view to be an editing error.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyros View Post
    Of course. Did anyone really think they were going to do an update?
    Check 40k general for a few threads of just that.
    Awesome. Awesome to the head.

Chapter Master Scryer in the Darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ehlijen View Post
    Check 40k general for a few threads of just that.
    Nuff said.

On to the topic at hand, GW blog is up:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...?aId=10500141a

and here what's relevant to Ordos-o-philes:

As I mentioned yesterday, Codex: Witch Hunters and Codex: Daemonhunters are now available to download as a PDF (provided you're registered). If you don't game with either of the two, they're full of cool background information on the Imperium, the forces of Chaos and the 40K universe. And if you're likely to be gaming against a Witch Hunters or Daemonhunters army, then it'll be handy to know what you're up against.

As I'm sure you know, both Witch Hunter and Daemonhunter armies can field Imperial Storm Troopers, which were some of the first Imperial related models I ever bought. I love the story behind them: they're absolutely rock-hard, elite soldiers who'll stop at nothing to get the job done. They get better weapons, armour and training than anyone who's not a Space Marine. And they deploy for battle in the most heroic of fashions: grav-chuting from the back of Valkyries, leaping from speeding Rhinos or infiltrating behind enemy lines. With the Storm Troopers being re-released the other day and the PDFs yesterday, my love for these heroic individuals has been rekindle - I think I'll add a squad of them to my Catachan army (even the Catachans would welcome the help of such fearsome warriors). I've added the Storm Troopers below in case you've been equally inspired.
    News at... 12...?
    Void... blissful void.

cool. So no aclarations, no news, nothing. Only "check how cool are these troops"
    * Thunderbolts, Inquisition and GK Plog
    * Khorrrne Plog
    * Dwarf adjuster, D&D and Mansions of Madness
    Quote Originally Posted by me on jan/2010
    In one year or so: Codex: Grey Knights, focused on them and inquisitors; Codex: Sisters of battle, focused on them and priests; No allies rule, but more inducted troops
    Quote Originally Posted by me on nov/2010
    Inquisition codex in one year

They could replace that guy with a text-generating program.
    "Today we'll speak about (insert name). They are totally awesome and ready for sale on our website. Here are some great pictures of them! (insert pictures)"
    No one will notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Irbian View Post
    cool. So no aclarations, no news, nothing. Only "check how cool are these troops"
    Yup. So commence crapstorm in 3.. 2.. 1.. wait, it already kicked off 32 hours ago! ( at GW)
    Void... blissful void.

Yeah the news article was a waste of time. I will stick with using my hard cover rule book and if anyone questions it tell them to go print off the PDF in every language and carry it around with them.
    B.B.Hoods family full of disappointment. Tamales on the floor. The dads sombrero broken.

Accepting all challengers, currently playing SFxT, UMVC3, SCV, DoA5.
    My Xbox Live account is Vicioushellsing.

"I think I'll add a squad of them to my Catachan army "

After they removed allies?

Looks like allies are still in. reply from GW brass

http://ottawagamer.blogspot.com/2010...swer-from.html

Quote Originally Posted by Scryer in the Darkness View Post
    Yup. So commence crapstorm in 3.. 2.. 1.. wait, it already kicked off 32 hours ago! ( at GW)
    Big area, S10, rending, barrage, poison (+2)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrowen the Brave View Post

Lol, yes, I thinked the same, but maybe he is refering to the IG stormtroopers, not Inquisitorial ones
    * Thunderbolts, Inquisition and GK Plog
    * Khorrrne Plog
    * Dwarf adjuster, D&D and Mansions of Madness
    Quote Originally Posted by me on jan/2010
    In one year or so: Codex: Grey Knights, focused on them and inquisitors; Codex: Sisters of battle, focused on them and priests; No allies rule, but more inducted troops
    Quote Originally Posted by me on nov/2010
    Inquisition codex in one year

Quote Originally Posted by gahris View Post

Hm.

So claims a GW US Mail Order Dude.

Am I the only one who would like a clarification from someone in Lenton?

Preferably someone called Jervis?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrowen the Brave View Post

Except they didn't really....

Allies are still in all the european PDFs and still on page 16 of the American WH PDF....

Why is it that when Allies are still in 5 of 6 PDFs...people chose to go with the "No more Allies" stance?

It's certainly a mess but not definative at this point
    Blood Pact Log
    NWO New Waaagh Order!
    Top Sekret Ork Bomma

"Late at night, all alone, when no one can see me, I do orky things......" - Tommygun

Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Commisar View Post
    Am I the only one who would like a clarification from someone in Lenton?

Preferably someone called Jervis?
    I'd be happy with the web team simply saying "whoops, there was a screwup in the PDF, will be fixing it brb, kthxbai XOXO".
    Void... blissful void.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Thunder View Post
    Because debate is a tool by which we discover and refine truth. By disagreeing with one another and stating the reasons why, it becomes easier to see where the correct answer lies. Without the back-and-forth, much of the benefit from this thread would be lost.

My Project Log featuring: Tau and Sisters of Battle

Links to my battle reports

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast