I have some rule-based questions if this is the right place to put them? If not, let me know and I'll move to wherever the relevant place is. I have the Hordes quick-start rules (for some reason the Warmachine ones aren't working for me, but I'm primarilly interested in Hordes anyway), so my questions may actually be answered in the full rulebook. Hope you guys dont mind either way!
1) In the quick-start rules, when describing how Warlocks leach FURY from their Warbeasts, I'm unsure about the wording it uses. I don't have the rules on me, but they basically say that a Warlock can leach as much FURY as he wants, but cannot exceed his FURY stat.
Now, I'm assuming that the Intention is that he can only leach up-to his FURY stat's allowance, yes? But the wording suggests differently. I'll explain with an example:
Warlock has FURY stat of 5. All his warbeasts combined have 8 FURY. He leaches 8, but only keeps 5 of them, the remaining 3 are discarded.
Now, I'm assuming this is wrong, but the wording suggested this to me. Am I wrong?
2) Combat. Can units move freely, assuming they have no SPD restrictions in place? What I mean is, if my warbeast is in combat-range with an enemy model, and has been hitting/getting hit, can he just walk away from that combat in his next activation phase? I know that moving out of LOS and/or combat range gives the enemy a free shot at my warbeast if he tries this - but there's no restriction for him to just run off?
3) Speaking of this Free-Shot, there's only 1 free hit right? Which weapon does this hit use? Is it the player's choice?
4) Boxing. In the Ripper's description it has a special ability which describes a condition where if an enemy model is "boxed" by a group of Rippers, they can chow-down on this model and getting sort of "Killing-Blow". Is boxing basically surrounding an enemy so it cannot move in it's activation phase?
5) Warlocks. Can a Warlocks cast spells while in combat (or combat-range)?
6) Warlocks 2. Can warlocks move (not run), cast spells, attack, and use ranged attacks, all in the same activation? Is there a particular order this goes in?
7) Animus. Does activating an Animus add FURY onto a Warbeast or does it take away FURY from a Warlock? (or can the player choose?)
Thank you for your time and effort!